Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WEST v EAGLES

+12
beaglex
testy
whispy
The Axis
Jamo
Oldfella
Lee Harradine
Wolf Pack
Lachlan
Thiele
postie
Bloodntars
16 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

WEST v EAGLES - Page 2 Empty Re: WEST v EAGLES

Post by Lee Harradine Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:58 pm

One good quarter, then an unacceptable 3 quarters, especially for Anzac Day.

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2226

Back to top Go down

Post by beaglex Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:06 pm

Five things I learnt from today's game!

1. I am glad we won a premiership last year as I don't think I will see another one in my lifetime!
2. It was embarrassing today even the Eagles supporters felt sorry for us after the game.
3. We have not and I repeat have NOT recruited to replace players we lost from last season either by the draft or other reasons and I do not accept any excuses as our performance this year has been absolutely a disgrace.
4. Some players wearing low numbers on their jumpers have NOT earned that right.
5. Sack whoever is our recruiting personnel they have failed.
beaglex
beaglex

Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by beaglex Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:07 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:One good quarter, then an unacceptable 3 quarters, especially for Anzac Day.

Agree!
beaglex
beaglex

Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:48 pm

A disgraceful performance yet again given the significance of the day.
When you continually lose by big margins it comes back to a lack
of EFFORT especially given we are the Premiers from the year before.

From the 10 minute mark of the 1st Quarter the Eagles kicked 15.12 to West 2.5. and that tells me as a league side we showed a complete lack of commitment for the contest.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1062

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:15 pm

Well........
We started well which was good!
The first qtr showed some effort and intensity.
Then we packed up for the day and the Eagles made us look like an absolute rabble.
Well done Adam Hartlett!! I thought he was terrific.

If we continue on this path we will create history!!
The first team to win a premiership and then go winless the next!!
The club should be embarrassed with our first five games.

For f$@$s sake!!
Lift your game boys!!

Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 832

Back to top Go down

Post by whispy Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:01 pm

beaglex wrote:Five things I learnt from today's game!

1. I am glad we won a premiership last year as I don't think I will see another one in my lifetime!
2. It was embarrassing today even the Eagles supporters felt sorry for us after the game.
3. We have not and I repeat have NOT recruited to replace players we lost from last season either by the draft or other reasons and I do not accept any excuses as our performance this year has been absolutely a disgrace.
4. Some players wearing low numbers on their jumpers have NOT earned that right.

Heard a little whisper that some of those recruiting personnel and a few board members are jumping ship and are heading off on holidays for a while. The club is in crisis mode and everyone decides to take off on a holiday FFS.
whispy
whispy

Number of posts : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:14 pm

Maybe they are going hunting for 2017!!! Shocked lol!
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 832

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:28 pm

Random thoughts.

1. Well done to the young kid Burgess for playing two games in 3 days.
How the hell can this happen? This to me sums up why west is a basket case. Caire drops out of the team today and we put in a kid that played on Saturday. Surely someone at the club thought that we might need to hold back a couple of players for the unexpected.
This is not an attack on the kid but just sums up the complete lack of professionalism at the club. We are now 0-5. Time to wake up west. My local club is run better than West.
The most professional thing about West at the moment is the BBQ and that is run by volunteers. Time for Kanta to start earning his money.  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:06 pm

Second Team wrote:Random thoughts.

1. Well done to the young kid Burgess for playing two games in 3 days.
How the hell can this happen? This to me sums up why west is a basket case. Caire drops out of the team today and we put in a kid that played on Saturday. Surely someone at the club thought that we might need to hold back a couple of players for the unexpected.

Pretty fair point.

I don't know which explanation for our results is worse: that we're not putting in the effort, or that we are and we're just that bad.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1419

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:25 pm

whispy, holidays are booked long in advance.

I'm not supposed to respond to cheap shots,

So I won't.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:54 pm

I mean, what has this Board ever done for West Adelaide?? I mean, apart from pulling this club up by its boot-straps, and apart from delivering a PREMIERSHIP.......what has this Board actually ever done for West Adelaide.........?? Rolling Eyes
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by whispy Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:03 am

RODH2 wrote: I mean, what has this Board ever done for West Adelaide??  I mean, apart from pulling this club up by its boot-straps, and apart from delivering a PREMIERSHIP.......what has this Board actually ever done for West Adelaide.........??  Rolling Eyes

So the board delivered us a winning grand final, the first in how many years? 30 odd ? So that's ok, we one a Grand Final and now we can sit back for another 30 years and wait for the board to get us another one.
And then we have to accept that the board voted YES to letting the AFL scum into our competition, walk around City Mazda on game days and ask what most West supporters think of that brilliant decision.
whispy
whispy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:34 am

Whispy, you heard 'whispers' some board members are going on annual leave, did you?

The facebook posts and letting everyone at the club know must have been a giveaway.

Bugger, tried to keep it secret.

My wife would still go, seeing we booked it last July, but I'd better stay and practice my goalkicking during the bye weekend.

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamo Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:47 am

Lee Harradine wrote:Whispy, you heard 'whispers' some board members are going on annual leave, did you?

The facebook posts and letting everyone at the club know must have been a giveaway.

Bugger, tried to keep it secret.

My wife would still go, seeing we booked it last July, but I'd better stay and practice my goalkicking during the bye weekend.

we have enough Small forwards Lee......LOL, No need for you to Practice your goal kicking Lee LOL. Enjoy your Trip old Mate.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
RED BLACK 2015.
Jamo
Jamo

Number of posts : 189
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager Timber Wholesale

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:06 am

Your post was deleted, whispy. Personal attacks are against site rules.

We're going through a tough time and it hurts us all, but it's a time to stick together, not to abuse people.

Please note site rules, otherwise you can have a holiday too.

Last edited by Lee Harradine on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:19 am

whispy wrote:

So the board delivered us a winning grand final, the first in how many years? 30 odd ? So that's ok, we one a Grand Final and now we can sit back for another 30 years and wait for the board to get us another one.
And then we have to accept that the board voted YES to letting the AFL scum into our competition, walk around City Mazda on game days and ask what most West supporters think of that brilliant decision.

Not sure if the current Board has been around that long, whispy, I thought it was pretty much a one man band, (another debate, perhaps!) The afl reserves situation is certainly not ideal, granted, but it was a factor in the survival of this Club, and others. Sit back and wait for 30 years, no thanks, I'll support the Club and the Board as much as I can, through thick and thin, same as usual! We had 6 of our best drafted, the AFL sides, injury free are hard to beat for anyone, and teams like South, Sturt and the Bays have improved a lot. Not sure if any Team has recruited "well", pretty tough these days! Yes, we need to improve a lot, but that comes with support and dedication, you know, just like last year....! Edit: just saw Lee's post, mods can , err, modify this! Smile
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:49 pm

whispy wrote:
beaglex wrote:Five things I learnt from today's game!

Heard a little whisper that some of those recruiting personnel and a few board members are jumping ship and are heading off on holidays for a while. The club is in crisis mode and everyone decides to take off on a holiday FFS.

I suffer from mental illness and as such have sat back and tried tio get control of my anger but mods get ready here it comes,

Whispy bulk of the recruitment committee who apart from running businesses and busy personal lives give many hours free ( i say free) to the club inundertaking this duty - apart from this time of the year being best for ther personal businesses to go on holidays it makes total sense to any normal interligent individuals  that not a lot of actual recruiting occurs at this time of the year -- bulk od recruitment committee are volunteers who get paid nil zip by the club but must be open for inferences or attack from key board warriors grrrrrr be a man and say it to lee or me or any other staff member but sniping from cover is much easier.

Not only you but for any supporter

It is realistic to feel strong disappointment and yes some anger ( lee and i do ) but abuse ect of club players coaches and volenteers is unacceptqble,

If you feel things are not right or need change then put your hand up be come a volenteer offer any special skills freely to the club   -----walk the walk guys strop trying to imitate talking the talk this is negative and total bullshit

Sermon over --- apologiese to all as i had to get out of my system ----- moderators edit as you see fit sorry for any troubles i created for you
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1067
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by whispy Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:36 pm

If i went overboard with you Lee then i apologize and i'l leave this forum for good.

But, have a look at a previous post by Second Team and no one said boo.

Cheers and good luck to you all.

whispy
whispy

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:44 pm

Whispy please stay but do read our guidelines

I too apologise to you for my rude approach to a fellow poster,

Lets all move on people next week ks another game ☺☺☺

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamo Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:11 pm

As much as we suck currently. A Bas day at Westies beats a good anywhere else in the world. there is no other place I would rather be than at westies.

RED BLACK 2015.
Jamo
Jamo

Number of posts : 189
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager Timber Wholesale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:41 pm

whispy wrote:If i went overboard with you Lee then i apologize and i'l leave this forum for good.

But, have a look at a previous post by Second Team and no one said boo.

Cheers and good luck to you all.

I'm still waiting for an answer as to why no one in the coaching group thought to hold someone back for Mondays game. Did Caire get injured in the warmup maybe? Or did we think we have lost the first 4 league games and we don't want to disadvantage the reserves.  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:01 pm

So do you hold back a rover and a ruckman drops out or do you hold back 3 players one of each size who then end up not playing a game ---- makes sense to me why it is very difficult to hold back a player but perhaps you can indicate how many and who would you hold out.

Seems to me good idea in theory but not so achievable and logic in real world dont you think mate ☺

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:20 pm

Would seem very basic to me. Hold back 1 small and 1 tall. If Caire was in doubt it makes it easy. Its not rocket science. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:24 pm

So if no one drops out then two players do not play a game that weekend -- not sensible to me sorry

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:36 pm

Oldfella wrote:So if no one drops out then two players do not play a game that weekend -- not sensible to me sorry

When did the footy club care if two reserve players miss out on a game. Surely if you are 0-4 the first thing should be winning your first match of the year. If Caire was injured on Friday how did not having a backup help the league team on Monday? Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next