Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WEST v EAGLES

+12
beaglex
testy
whispy
The Axis
Jamo
Oldfella
Lee Harradine
Wolf Pack
Lachlan
Thiele
postie
Bloodntars
16 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

WEST v EAGLES Empty WEST v EAGLES

Post by Guest Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Thoughts?

Same as last week for me.
OUT=== Caire, Hill and Turner all for poor skills under pressure and Greeny for lack of form.

IN ==== Hampton, Evans and Waite. All deserve a chance and have better skills. Favretto comes in for Greeny. Can play forward and is a good kick. If he wasn't so lazy he would be a gun.

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

WEST v EAGLES Empty Re: WEST v EAGLES

Post by Bloodntars Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:16 pm

Reckon Fielke, Green and Turner must be under the gun.

Josh Holliday kicked 6 in the reserves and would be a chance. Agostino a possibility as well.

Need significant improvement from some of the senior guys as they seem to be living on last year.
Bloodntars
Bloodntars

Number of posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by postie Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:50 pm

I know we have to make changes. but we need to have fit players out there as well.which i do not think we have been selecting. would think caire and even silverlock would be on danger of being dropped
postie
postie

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:53 pm

Reserves 11.25am Saturday at home

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 695

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:02 pm

I can Accept losing, however to lose 4 games the way we have
and being the premiers from last year is totally unacceptable in my book.

The attitude of all players must be called into question if you are losing by big margins.
Players don't lose their ability to play League footy overnight.

In today's modern football premiership hangovers should be a thing of the past,
how wrong am I.

I thought winning a premiership would make you even hungrier for the next one.
Norwood and Centrals have proved that.

The playing group as collective must stand up this week against the Eagles,as this is becoming embarrassing.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1062

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:15 pm

The coaching staff probably won't say BUT our woeful efforts surely have to be because our best players are not fit.
Our best players are not covering the ground like they should be.
The only player resembling any type of form from last year is Kaine Stevens.
The only thing missing from our matches this year is the Benny Hill Music!!
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 832

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:55 pm

Apart from our onvious unacceptable form, our depth has been smashed through the draft and injury.

With the drafts being so late, especially the rookie draft, it's very difficult to recruit from the small pool of players atill available at that time.

We all know that the loss of Beechy, Tommy Keough and Will Snelling hurt us, but we also lost Riley Bonner and Matthew Hayball, along with Aaron Francis.

I think we were still in a reasonable position, but the four players who played well in the finals, but didn't make the GF team, have also all been unavailable.

Aaron Anderson tragically did his knee, Jaydn Brind has a major back problem, Jack Agostino has had hamstrimg problems and Nick Homburg has just had a second ankle operation.

These four were the next cabs off the rank.  Along with our draft losses, that's made it tough.

None of this explains our current woeful skills and form, but does show how our depth has been reduced.

I've got faith that the coaches and players who delivered us a premiership will solve the current malaise. We need to back them to do that, even though it's getting extremely difficult.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2226

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:01 pm

I have been following this mob since i was a kid over 50 years ago through thick and thin --- now is when we need to get around the players and coaches - lets not be front runner supporters but rather be there strongly during the bad times and just sit back and enjoy the good times.

Westies until i die ☺☺☺☺

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1067
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamo Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:24 pm

I BLEED RED AND BLACK HEHE

RED BLACK 2015.
Jamo
Jamo

Number of posts : 189
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager Timber Wholesale

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:30 pm

Great comments from the heart by everyone.

None of us expected we'd be 0-4 and struggling, so we need to do everything we can to turn it around.

On field, that's the job of the coaches and I have 100% confidence in them.

Off field, there's work to be done and we're doing that as a top priority.

We have to be up near the top of the ladder always.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2226

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:50 pm

Jamo i never will doubt your love for the club and you being young gives me hope for the future when i pass on after our next premiership in the next couple of years☺☺

Sage words lethal

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by The Axis Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:25 pm

Oldfella wrote:I have been following this mob since i was a kid over 50 years ago  through thick and thin --- now is when we need to get around the players and coaches  -  lets not be front runner supporters but rather be there strongly during the bad times and just sit back and enjoy the good times.

Westies until i die ☺☺☺☺

This is what I love to see and what our club needs. Good on you Oldfella. I hope you are around for many years to come.

Go the Bloods!
The Axis
The Axis

Number of posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by postie Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:14 pm

I think that we as westies supporters we are passionate about our club.i am 59 years old and my grandparents were supporters as well.so they saw our good era .its the frustration of the club of high and lows. i never question the endevour of our players but will admit during game can be critcal. but after do rationlise the match better. will they lose my support never. i will be there next week and forever so long as the afl does not kill us off go bloods
postie
postie

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:38 pm

The reason we write on this forum is because we love the club.
If we didn't care we wouldn't bother!!!
I'm hoping the boys can turn it around this week...
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by whispy Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:39 am

Why is this game not being televised ON TV?
Unfortunately i can't make it to Adelaide oval on Monday due to ill health but i guess it's because of that big blockbuster game between Collingwood and Essendon on CH7. Who here is interested in watching those 2 scrubbers play?
It use to be a tradition to televise the SANFL Grand final rematch on ANZAC day.
This is another example on how the SANFUL bend over to the AFL..
whispy
whispy

Number of posts : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:13 pm

Agreed

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:09 pm

WEST
West Adelaide midfielder Travis Tuck is primed to tackle the Eagles in Monday’s ANZAC Day clash at Adelaide Oval.
A late withdrawal in Round 4 due to hamstring tightness, the big-bodied midfielder has been named to start in the centre square from 1.10pm.
Tuck has been joined in the Bloods’ 24-man squad by possible debutant Murray Waite (18, 183cm and 74kg) who was recruited from TAC Cup club Murray Bushrangers.
Waite and fellow wingman Tom Schott have been added to provide leg speed on the wide expanses of Adelaide Oval while Nick Favretto and Jack Agostino have also been listed on the extended interchange bench.
Given the match is on Monday, the Bloods have until Sunday to trim to 23 before making the final cut to 21 players before the bounce.
Star wingman Taite Silverlock and emerging defender Brett Turner have paid the price for their team’s indifferent form after being sent back to the Reserves.

League
F: Stubbs, Willits, Fielke
HF: Green, Middleton, Haysman
C: K. Stevens, Schiller, Schmidt
HB: Slattery, Hardy, Wasley-Black
B: Hill, Hartlett, Caire

R: Webb, Tuck, O’Brien
INT: Porplyzia, Agostino, J. Noble, Waite, Favretto, Schott

IN: Waite, Schott, Favretto, Tuck, Agostino
OUT: Turner, Silverlock

Reserves
Silverlock, Turner, Klemke, Cua, McPherson, L. Ryan, Vick, Schott, Langcake, Majok, Holliday, Scott, J. Evans, Stidiford, Fitzpatrick, Westhoff, J. Ryan, Burgess, Noonan, G. Hampton, L. Evans.

Under-18
Pillion, Goldner, Eichner, Inglis, Rodman, Kewell, Hocking, O’Driscoll, Crump, Evreniadis, L. Evans, Smith, Moore, Beard, West, Heitmann, Secker, Karpany, Kassulke, McCulloch, Johnson, Binnion, Badcoe, M. Noble, Ridgeway, Toohey, Dunkin, Cameron, Bahrkelly.

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:22 pm

Went to training last night and I have to say I was impressed with the intensity and the voice. If we are not motivated this week then they all need to be dropped next week. West to win by 3 goals. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:32 pm

Reserves 11.25 Saturday

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:41 pm

Second Team wrote:Went to training last night and I have to say I was impressed with the intensity and the voice. If we are not motivated this week then they all need to be dropped next week. West to win by 3 goals. Shocked Shocked Shocked

That is great to hear ST, lets all get behind the boys this week and get along to see our first win of the season.
testy
testy

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by whispy Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:46 am

Personally when i look at the Eagles list, i'd be surprised if we get to within 5 goals of them at the end of the game. This will be too hard a game for us to turn it around.
On paper we don't look that bad a side, but a complete reversal of form is needed and unfortunately although i'm sounding negative, i just can't see it happening.
But i hope i am wrong.
whispy
whispy

Number of posts : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:49 pm

Time for the league side to stand up. We are the current premiers and
we really need to show something tomorrow.
Zac O'Brien has been very disappointing since joining the club, however
he may have been struggling due to injury. That said its about time
this high profile recruit stood up.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:15 pm

O'Brien is injured like most of our players.
We won't win tomorrow. Our team is very ordinary.
The backline is horrible.
Start preparing for 2017
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:20 pm

If O'Brien is injured he shouldn't be playing then.
He has been named in the league side therefore he
he is ok.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Axis Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:20 am

Effort and passion. I want to see this today from everyone. Backs against the wall, but we can win. Go you Bloods.
The Axis
The Axis

Number of posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next