West V Eagles

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

West V Eagles Empty West V Eagles

Post by Thiele on Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:58 pm

EST

West Adelaide will make at least two changes to face the Eagles at Maughan Thiem Kia Oval.

Hard-running pair Nathan Batley and Dallas Wilsmore have both succumbed to hamstring strains, forcing them out of the line-up.

Former Glenelg goalsneak Josh Koster, who injured his hamstring in Round 1, is among the potential replacements after being named on the extended interchange bench.

Will Mead (Rostrevor), Reed Stevens (Canberra), Tom Morrish (Ouyen United) and Lachie Squire (GWS Academy) loom as potential debutants.

F: Karpany, Thilthorpe, P. Fairlie

HF: Johnson, Ellem, K. Stevens

C: Haysman, Allan, Boyle

HB: Duval, Keough, Hupfeld

B: Anderson, Levicki, Hill

R: Cleeland, B. Turner, Waite

INT: Kirk, May, Mead, Koster, Squire, R. Stevens, Morrish

IN: Koster, Mead, Morrish, Squire, R. Stevens

OUT: Batley (hamstring), Willsmore (hamstring)

NEW: Will Mead (Rostrevor), Reed Stevens (Canberra), Tom Morrish (Ouyen United), Lachie Squire (GWS Academy)

Reserves
Caruso, Elliot, C. Fairlie, Forbes, Grant, Groom, Harris, Kelsh, Majok, Martin, McKenzie, Nield, Patterson, Pearce, Rundle, Sareen, J. Stevens, Taverner, Taylor, G. Turner, Wooldridge

Under-18
F: T. Faulkner, Sgroi, Clark Jnr
HF: Baker, Young, White
C: Henty-Smith, Couroupis, Kennedy
HB: Van den Berg, Kelly, Venning
B: Gilbert, Sherlock, Midwinter

R: Heitmann, Chamberlain, Hodge
INT: Burbridge, Richardson, McArdle, Temme

Game Starts at 1.35 Tv game

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 596

Back to top Go down

West V Eagles Empty Re: West V Eagles

Post by Wolf Pack on Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:27 pm

Luckily for us, the weather on Saturday looks wet.
This will minimise the damage on the scoreboard .
The Eagles are a slick outfit who will dispose of us with ease.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 424

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:32 am

Good luck to the debutants.

Tom Morrish is one of our best kicks for goal.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 1402

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:12 am

And in the little I saw of the Reserves last week Will Mead looked like a fearless dasher.
Perhaps Morrish should run past certain of our other forwards when they have a set shot for goal.
I'm hoping the conditions and a tougher effort keep the scores closer than they would be in fine conditions.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 899

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS on Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:45 am

A flogging coming up either way.
However I am being optimistic! Shocked
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:56 pm

LOL
1 lousy goal in the second half. Lucky Hayes for the Eagles kicked 0.6
otherwise we would have lost by 80.
Not even worth watching anymore!!
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:07 pm

Combined scores today of League and Reserves:
Eagles 27.27 189
West 7. 11. 53.

Enough said....
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:23 pm

No doubt about our effort, but the talent gap is huge.

If you don't have marking forwards, you have to get the ball in quickly, as Gavin said at half time.

Too often we took ages switching in defence  and then having to switch back, by which time the defence has flooded back.

When we did try to run through the corridor, too often we fumbled.

Hard to find many better players, TBH. Our best was probably not in the top 6.

Hard times, Reserves were terrible also.

For the first time in decades, couldn't go to the game.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:27 pm

I went and watched both games and it was embarrassing to say the least.

It wouldn’t have mattered if we had a full squad to pick from we simply don’t have the TALENT. To kick only 7 goals between the League and Reserves is totally UNACCEPTABLE.
This situation can’t go on we have been a basket case for the past 5 years.

Nothing has changed from a footballl perspective in that time. Why?
When you are at the bottom you’re simply need to work harder than anyone else to get back to being competitive.

We should be moving heaven and earth to get talent into this footy club.
We need to do whatever takes to entice GOOD PLAYERS to our CLUB.

If we need to get players from VIC to meet with us I hope we are speaking to SA Health.
We should be speaking to 4 or 5 of the top Players from the NEAFL .

There are no EXCUSES we simply can’t allow this situation to gone any longer.

At times today it was Laughable and that’s in both grades.

Our ball movement from half back was as USUAL far to SLOW.

I want to hear from the FOOTBALL DIRECTOR as to what THE CLUB IS DOING to turn things around. ITS SO FRUSTRATING THAT WE GET ZERO FROM OUR FOOTY CLUB.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodsFireUp on Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:31 pm

With the Eagles now having played all of teams outside the top 4 and having the biggest winning margins against these teams...65 pts over Norwood, 51 pts over Sturt, 30 pts over Centrals and now 48 pts over Wests. Yes it’s going to be tough season and more downs than ups, but let’s all try to keep it in prospective. With another 2 debutants today we continue to build it. For the fans it’s a slow build & while other clubs have spent $$ for a quick fix we continue to build this young group. As I have said before time will tell but in the meantime let’s all try to keep it In prospective.
BloodsFireUp
BloodsFireUp

Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:46 pm

BloodsFireUp

Sorry but it DOESN’T Take 5 years for a rebuild. During games this year we have had 6 players that were playing that were 28yrs and older, so we don’t have a young list. We have a list that LACKS TALENT.

THE STATS DONT LIE WE HAVENT COMPETITIVE FOR 5 years and as a supporter,a person who has donated money to the club over the years it’s simply not good enough
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:47 pm

We aren’t building anything!!
We are so far off the mark it isn’t funny.
We have nothing coming through the Reserves and half a league team that should be playing in the Amateur League.

Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by redblack32 on Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:49 pm

The stats say, we had 6 of the top 10 possession getters on the field, yet watching the game we got hammered
s*** possessions.
Is our game plan what it should be?
redblack32
redblack32

Number of posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:53 pm

The game plan is atrocious.
Sidewards / Backwards - It’s rubbish.
Stats mean stuff all these days.
Dinky 20m kicks everywhere!!
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodsFireUp on Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:43 pm

Being a Richmond supporter & seeing the fans demanding action & calling for Hardwick to be sacked in 2016 after some cricket scores being kicked against us to Premierships in 2017 & 2019 Gav took the helm at Westies in 2018 & the exodus of the likes of Burgess, Schmidt, Beech, Noble, Smelling, Rankine, Day etc during his tenor........we are definitely in a rebuilding phase. This is Gav’s 3rd season (current) so give it time. As far as game plan goes I am sure it does not based on kicking stupidly sideways and ill directed
kicks,. Experience brings confidence and we have seen glimpses of quick ball movement this season. Like many of you I am & will continue to be frustrated this season, but one thing I know, this playing group will continue to develop and mature & the results will come.
BloodsFireUp
BloodsFireUp

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:13 am

BloodsFireUp.

You can not compare Richmond to Westies we have been a basket case since 2015 the Premiership table doesn’t lie.
Regarding the players we have lost even when they were playing we were a basket case the win loss ratio doesn’t lie.
Our win loss ratio is far worse than Richmond at least the Ressies side in the Vfl was doing ok.
There is no point sugar coating things we simply are a side going nowhere
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS on Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:25 am

The last football manager was a dead loss I  hear around the traps. Did nothing about recruiting for the last 3 or so years and even to the point of discouraging potential recruits with his attitude so I am told.
The new football manager inherited this crock of s#*% and in fairness the damage was done by the time this season got underway. Hopefully he is good at his job and we recruit well for next year.
This is assuming we can afford to recruit. How many supporters put their hands in their pockets when asked a few months ago? I don't think we even reached our target but stand corrected if I am wrong.
Centrals on the other hand did well from their call for donations. From an area of high unemployment /low incomes too. Westies problems go beyond just recruiting. A lethargic admin, members, and past recruiting. Can we turn things around? If we can't that will be the end of the club in my view.
You get what you deserve at the end of the day. Harsh but true.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS on Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:56 am

Here is one way to help the club.
We have around 1000 members I believe?
So the club lists them all on our website then asked each to donate a sum of money to be used only recruiting. Let's say $500 each. As each member does their name is ticked off or highlighted in some way as donated. This will raise $500,000 for recruiting. Surely we can get some talent for that. Even half of that? Let everyone see who stands up for the club and who doesn't.
But pensioners can't afford that you all cry. Yes we bloody well can! The Government just gave us $1500 each for stimulus. Well give 1/3 of it to your club to get it off the deck and firing again.
And if pensioners can do it so can anyone working. Let the members see those who won't put there hands up.
But I will bet London to a brick it will never happen.
The Admin staff will be too lethargic to set it up and demand help. The members (many of them) will be too tight to put in but will still whinge about the club not recruiting.
I for one would be happy to put in as I did a few months ago but I am not going to be the lone ranger as that is a waste. It has to be driven by the club and shame to those who won't put in.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:11 am

I don't have $500 worth of confidence in the Board, quite frankly. Shocked (and I don't think recruiting works like that).
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 213

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS on Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:19 am

I agree the board should never been allowed to take control from the members and I was one member who spoke against it at that fateful meeting. Again such a small turnout proving how lethargic they/we all are.
However that should not be used as a excuse to not donate to the club in its hour of need.
Unless of course we are happy to let it die or merge.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodsFireUp on Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:04 pm

My analogy to Richmond is not in regards to players but to supporters. A few posters have commented that we are not a young group re my post vs Norwood that we are a young playing group & again this week, as there seems to be a few that believe we are not a young side. I am not sure why you would think this? Against the Eagles we had a 11 players 23 years or younger. Note Norwood had 3 players under 23 when we played them, Eagles having 5. Actually Mead, Duval, Allan, Morrish ages I am unsure about so perhaps even younger average across the group than 23 years?
Is more recruiting necessary- yes of course. However, don’t think for 1 minute that we are not in a rebuild and players need time & experience to develop. Ultimately any success of a rebuild can only be scrutinised in the season/s to follow. Let’s ride out the bumps in 2020 as this YOUNG playing group continues to develop.
BloodsFireUp
BloodsFireUp

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:22 pm

Couldn't fault the players' effort yesterday, but there is a talent chasm between us and sides like the Eagles. How this has come about over the last few years is worthy of an internal investigation. And how we can play in an U16 Grand Final and an U18 Preliminary Final last year and be so bereft at U18 and Reserves level his year is also a mystery.

Why is it that when we go inside our forward 50 the opposition outnumber us massively, yet when they go inside 50 it's 1 on 1, or to players unattended? Are we just not running hard enough both ways?

I can't see how some of our players are going to 'mature' into players of the calibre of Nick Hayes, or Matthew Panos, or Luke Partington. We are in serious strife without a substantial influx of talent at season's end. And we need to sort out why we aren't seeing anywhere near enough League types coming through our ranks. In a hurry.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 899

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:03 pm

BLOODFIREUP

Sorry mate, but unfortunately I Can’t agree with you at all, you are way off the mark.

I REPEAT IT DOESN’T TAKE 5 YEARS FOR A REBUILD. IF YOU WERE A BUSINESS YOU WOULD BE PLACED INTO ADMIINSTRATION.

LASTLY WHEN WE HAD A FULL SIDE AT THE START OF THE YEAR WE WEREN’T A YOUNG SIDE, GO BACK AND CHECK YOU WILL SEE WE HAD 6 players playing that were going to be 28 years and older this year . AND WHEN WE HAD A FULL STRENGTH SIDE WE WEREN’T WINNING.

THE PLAIN FACTS ARE WE ARE A CLUB THAT LACKS TALENT INALL GRADES AND THE STATS DON’T LIE
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:42 pm

We've really missed Josh Ryan the last two weeks. Yesterday, he would have likely nullified one of the Hayes boys, but without him they had a picnic. I really rate Mitch Duval, but he had to take a strong opponent yesterday and predictably struggled. On top of that, the Eagles 2 small forwards kicked 8 goals between them, which meant we had a real problem on the last line of defence.

We obviously lack superior talent and that places too much pressure on our leading few players.

The lack of talent coming through from our juniors is also a huge, huge problem after both teams playing GF's last year.

I hope the Club listens to its most passionate supporters, many of whom seem to be feeling somewhat disenfranchised right now.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum