Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WEST v EAGLES

+7
Thiele
Lee Harradine
blackandred
Oldfella
aldo russian
Bloodntars
Lachlan
11 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

WEST v EAGLES Empty WEST v EAGLES

Post by Guest Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:18 pm

Tyler looked very sore last week so big Andre gets some more games in the League.
Will Rankine play reserves ? No way.
Angus Poole got reported so at least we don't have to watch him duck his head all game.
Bates to come back in?
Any other changes? Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

WEST v EAGLES Empty Re: WEST v EAGLES

Post by Lachlan Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:17 pm

I would definitely play Burgess forward.

If Beechy is fully fit I would play him through the midfield this week.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1011

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodntars Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:28 pm

Rankine will play state 18s. Bates (if fit) or Turner in for him. Reckon Fairlie may get picked in the squad as well.
Bloodntars
Bloodntars

Number of posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:28 am

Dunkin should come back in.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1344

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:24 pm

aldo russian wrote:Dunkin should come back in.

Aldo due to reversals with my health problems leading to not going to games or training (yes i am ashamed lol) i have not seen dunkin play --- please could you give me bit of a word description of him eg size speed skill best and possible positions which you feel he could develop into

Thank you in antis

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1038
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:53 pm

Dunkin is like Rory Laird with a good kick. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:54 pm

Oldfella I've only seen his one League game but he's a very neat and tidy small defender, uses the ball well and just looks like he knows what he's doing. Pace seems good enough. Not built for the midfield yet but you'd imagine he'd get tried there down the track because of his disposal skills.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:13 pm

Thank you both 👍👍👍👍

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1038
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:07 pm

I agree Dunkin in for Jack Evans.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:55 pm

Elliot Dunkin
19yo
179cm
68kg
Ponytail

Does anyone know the whereabouts of Josh Stevens?
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 252

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:38 am

I think Josh is playing local footy.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2164

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:29 pm

West Adelaide has regained a goalsneak in timely fashion for the clash with the Eagles on Saturday.
Former Geelong rookie Zac Bates have overcome a minor hip injury to be named on a five-man interchange bench.
His presence could be crucial given the Bloods will be without livewire Izak Rankine, who will play for the McDonald’s SA U18 team on Sunday.
Murray Waite and Dustin Head have also joined Bates in the 23-man squad after spending last round in the Reserves.

F: B. Turner, Beech, Karpany
HF: Anderson, Middleton, Green
C: Batley, Stevens, Noble
HB: Porplyzia, Burgess, Hill
B: Agostino, Wilson, J. Ryan

R: Parrella, Keough, Schiller
INT: Head, Bates, Wasley-Black, J. Evans, Waite
IN: Bates, Waite, Head
OUT: Rankine (McDonald’s SA U18)
Reserves
Hupfeld, Pillion, Peter, McPherson, L. Ryan, Kirk, Heitmann, L. Evans, I. Johnson, Dunkin, Majok, Holliday, O. Johnson, G. Turner, Noonan, Osborn, Halkias, Miller, Fairlie, Lynch, Gutsche.
Under-18
Caruso, Dalgleish, Haysman, Gutsche, Gilbert, Horstmann, Earl, Hannagan, Milde, Heitmann, Morelli, Boylan, Neumann, Nunan, Westley, Hocking, Chamberlain, Tuckwell, Kent, Kennedy, Tierney, Wulff.

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 667

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:33 pm

For the third week in a row we have pushed a top team but have failed to apply the necessary scoreboard pressure, today against the best defence in the league. Conditions were terrible at Woodville and they had a real impact on the game. If you could take advantage of the wind or, score into the wind you would win the game and WWT were able to achieve both of these.

Zac Bates didn’t come up and M Waite came in to replace Rankine. We then lost Shannon Green and had only 2 on the bench. The Eags were simply too classy but there were some wonderful efforts from Westies players. Stevens his usual consistent game. Murray Waite started like a rocket. John Noble possibly our best player in the conditions. Batley played well and Keough a great captain’s game. Parella (203cm) rucked strongly against the huge Redden (202cm) and Middleton booted 4 goals and provided a real strong focus up forward. Don’t know how many times Karpany was caught holding the ball and he had a poor game. A spell in the Ressies might do his confidence some good. Agostino played some great footy early but faded a little.

Early in the last Q the margin was only 2 pts but the Eags had the ball in their forward half most of the time and were always going to win with such a strong wind and the horizontal rain. They ended the Q with 2.7. Final score WWT11.11 to WA 8.8

We could only manage one goal into the wind while WWT booted 4 and this difference, in the end was the winning margin.

The Ressies had a good win. Fairlie picked up 30 possessions and is knocking the door down for a senior game.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 252

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:57 pm

No doubt we have improved as a team compared to the last two seasons.
The Norwood loss will cost us any chance of playing finals footy this year but we aren't good enough anyway.
4 wins from 10 games is still dissapointing.
Time to look to next year.....
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 782

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:50 am

I thought our effort was there but didn't think we played all that well - conditions obviously contributed to it, but we put very few good passages of footy together. But we did well to stay in the game, despite never really looking like winning it. Our tackling needs to improve too - more of them need to stick, and fewer of them need to result in frees against us.

Agostino and Burgess did a lot of good work in defence, and Josh Ryan got his fist to a lot of spoils. The mids all worked hard without really impacting the game that much. Middleton certainly did impact the game.

I think a couple of quality mids, allowing Keough to play key defence (along with Wilson) and we'd look a much stronger team.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:42 am

The efffort was there, however we were beaten by a better side.
Definitely need to find a couple of quality mids and a key forward to help Middleton.

I thought Keough was good as was Middleton.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:56 am

Same thoughts as above posts on the game. However I believe we are on the right track. Looking in the budget stats we have many players who have played under 50 games. It is said you need 50 under your belt to be able to play the game well so give it time. We have some really good players in the making and some in the reserves too. As long as we can keep them and add the odd key player through recruiting I reckon around 2020 could well be Westies year. I would be extending Colvilles contract ASAP for a further 2 years. He is doing really well in my opinion and I believe the players all love him. That's the recipe for success you need.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:19 pm

Random Thoughts.

1. Lots of happy supporters. They will get really excited when we win.
2. We rotated players at the 2 , 3 and 5 minute marks on multiple occasions.  WTF.
3. Everyone loves the backline but who was on the guy that kicked 5 goals.
4. We get a fullback from Victoria and play him as a full forward because we don't have a match up for him. Not his fault as he can play anywhere but we seem to be over thinking it.
5. Parrella continues to impress. Well done. Rucked all day.
6. Little Kenny is tired. Bring in Dunkin ASAP. Best kick in the club.
7. Kicking across goal is obviously not a team rule as we stuffed it a couple of times.
8. I'm not convinced Keough is a midfielder.
9. Middleton's marking is elite.
10. Really like Schiller's game. Stood up under pressure.
11. Hope we have a matchup for our fullback this week. Go bloods.
12. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:11 pm

Reason that Gaulhaus pulled out and Wilson got moved forward. We were only down two rotations on the bench due to Green was injured

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:15 pm

Like everyone saying the future is looking bright. Been really proud of the boys since round. In Gav we trust. Great win to the reserves which puts them top

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamo Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:45 pm

TAAARS wrote:Same thoughts as above posts on the game. However I believe we are on the right track. Looking in the budget stats we have many players who have played under 50 games. It is said you need 50 under your belt to be able to play the game well so give it time. We have some really good players in the making and some in the reserves too. As long as we can keep them and add the odd key player through recruiting I reckon around 2020 could well be Westies year. I would be extending Colvilles contract ASAP for a further 2 years. He is doing really well in my opinion and I believe the players all love him. That's the recipe for success you need.

I believe Gav has 5 years. We should be looking at Recruiting for next year now, Eg looking Afl listed players who look like being delisted(Will Snelling)(Matthew Hayball)(Sam Durdin).

RED BLACK 2015.
Jamo
Jamo

Number of posts : 189
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager Timber Wholesale

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:32 pm

Jamo wrote:
TAAARS wrote:Same thoughts as above posts on the game. However I believe we are on the right track. Looking in the budget stats we have many players who have played under 50 games. It is said you need 50 under your belt to be able to play the game well so give it time. We have some really good players in the making and some in the reserves too. As long as we can keep them and add the odd key player through recruiting I reckon around 2020 could well be Westies year. I would be extending Colvilles contract ASAP for a further 2 years. He is doing really well in my opinion and I believe the players all love him. That's the recipe for success you need.

I believe Gav has 5 years.  We should be looking at Recruiting for next year now, Eg looking Afl listed players who look like being delisted(Will Snelling)(Matthew Hayball)(Sam Durdin).

agree but do we have the money
blacky

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down