Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

INS and OUTS for 2023

+11
Thiele
blackandred
TAAARS
Wolf Pack
aldo russian
RODH2
bloodzfan
bruce cameron
Lachlan
Oldfella
Lee Harradine
15 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

INS and OUTS for 2023 Empty INS and OUTS for 2023

Post by Lee Harradine Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:38 pm

INS:

Coach         Adam Hartlett

Players

Sam Frost - GWS

Billy Glanvill - Lavington

Rhys Nicholls - Gold Coast.

Ned Stevens - Labrador/Gold Coast

OUTS:

Coach       Brad Gotch

Players:

Tom Keough

Hamish Hartlett

Logan Hill

Pat Fairlie

Clayton Gay

Jackson Edwards

Matt McKenzie

Blair Rubock

Jade Cleeland

Kenny Karpany

Reed Stevens

Lyndon Hupfeld

Charlie Allan

Connor Fairlie

Harvey Barnett

Harry Lemmey

Tom Scully

Anthony Munkara

Last edited by Lee Harradine on Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:46 pm; edited 16 times in total
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

INS and OUTS for 2023 Empty Re: INS and OUTS for 2023

Post by Oldfella Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:29 pm

interesting words from the announcement

He is hopeful veteran pair Tom Keough and Jono Beech – both 2015 premiership teammates – will continue in 2023, having already lost the experience of 2022 Neil Kerley Medallist Hamish Hartlett and SANFL 200 Club retiree Logan Hill

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1057
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:23 pm

Any news on comings and goings?

Plenty of rumours around that we'll lose an on-baller, as well as a couple of 2022 recruits who didn't make the grade.

Josh Gore has re-signed for next season. Was rumoured to be leaving, so good news.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:54 pm

There are a number of re-signings on the clubs Instagram account.

I think the club should be updating its website as well as most of us look at that and not Instagram
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1038

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:28 pm

Lachlan wrote:There are a number of re-signings on the clubs Instagram account.

I think the club should be updating its website as well as most of us look at that and not Instagram

I agree 100% - not a big ask!
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodzfan Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:37 pm

Good to see us sign Gore and Delahunty today, couple of great young players there. We need to resign a few other young guns such as Joel Stevens, Reed Stevens, Callum Park and Jackson Edwards. They all showed plenty of promise last season
bloodzfan
bloodzfan

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:51 pm

On Facebook that Patrick Fairlie has signed with the Northern Bullants in the  VFL.

Our best 2 on-ballers now gone Sad
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:24 pm

Bloods sign Sam Frost

The West Adelaide Football Club is excited to announce the signing of Sam Frost.

This year Sam (20 years of age) played for the GWS Giants as a VFL listed player, playing predominately as a small/medium defender.

Sam is very passionate about leadership, in 2021 he was named captain of the Allies in the U18 NAB AFL Championships.

1 – What are you looking forward to the most when joining West Adelaide?

“I’m really looking forward to joining a very prestigious club in West Adelaide. As well as looking at the list there is lots of talent and l know that Adam can get us climbing the ladder and playing finals very soon”

2 – What are your thoughts on playing under new senior coach Adam Hartlett?

“I’m really excited to work with Adam, he is a ripping bloke and has some great plans for next year and beyond”

3 – What skills / attributes will you bring to the club?

“I’m looking to bring lots of leadership and a hard work ethic to the club. I want to knuckle down, earn my spot in the team, and hopefully bring us to a finals campaign”

4 – Which AFL player do you model your game off?

“I like to model my game off Sam Docherty, he’s a great leader and leads from the front. He plays with courage and determination but is also clean and skillful”

5 – Who inspires you?

“Definitely my family. l love playing footy, and they do everything they can to support me and help me succeed. All the time and effort they’ve put into helping me play is incredible and it’s the reason why l play”

6 – How was the experience of captaining the Allies in the U18 NAB AFL Championships? Is leadership a passion of yours?

“It was an awesome honour and something l’m very proud of. It was unfortunate we didn’t get to have a proper carnival due to Covid but it’s definitely something I’ll remember forever. Leadership is a huge passion of mine, l love to get the best out of myself but more importantly my teammates. l love to do everything in my power to help them succeed and do well”

Newly appointed coach Adam Hartlett was extremely thrilled to have Sam on board for 2023 and beyond.

“Sam is a mature individual and displays great leadership for someone so young. Sam has performed highly at all levels of footy; and will compliment our young, developing list”

Sam arrives in Adelaide early next month in preparation for pre-season.

Welcome to the Bloods Sam!

Players who have re-signed with the club for 2023:

Josh Ryan

Josh Gore

Hamish Ellem

Riley Corbett

Liam Delahunty

Cade Kennedy

Michael Laudato

Dylan McCormick

https://westadelaidefc.com.au/news/bloods-sign-sam-frost/?fbclid=IwAR3wfVPprq_iE_WASKMH_mNOBfb8mn73eHHsHKNchElqiHi0D7ggdIxrl_g

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:21 pm

Good to see an early signing.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:05 pm

West Adelaide would like to thank Jackson Edwards, Patrick Fairlie, Matthew McKenzie, Blair Rubock, Clayton Gay and Jade Cleeland for their hard work and commitment to the football club.

All six have made a fantastic contribution and we wish them the very best in the future.

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:51 pm

Oh dear, Jackson Edwards is a big loss. We knew the others were leaving.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodzfan Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:13 pm

Disappointed about edwards and pat fairlie they are easily in our best 22, Gay showed a lot of promise but was never given a chance so understand why he left. McKenzie never really got going due to injuries which is unlucky. Rubock no loss at all, was lucky to be getting a game in our reserves.
bloodzfan
bloodzfan

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:28 pm

We have signed Billy Glanvill, a tall midfielder from Lavington in the strong Ovens and Murray League.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:15 pm

A midfielder the size of Billy is certainly what we need.
Mind you I hope we have a number of Ex AFL Players heading our way as well. We need to do what South have done. There Recruiting has been excellent the last couple of years and this year is no exception.

There are no excuses for the Football Dept not to deliver, 4 years of consecutive wooden spoons cannot be tolerated any longer.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1038

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:01 pm

Lachlan wrote:A midfielder the size of Billy is certainly what we need.
Mind you I hope we have a number of Ex AFL Players heading our way as well. We need to do what South have done. There Recruiting has been excellent the last couple of years and this year is no exception.

There are no excuses for the Football Dept not to deliver, 4 years of consecutive wooden spoons cannot be tolerated any longer.

Spot on, Lachlan. Whilst recruiting is obviously a difficult task, we need to succeed against the odds. The club was aware very early in the season that we were significantly undermanned and would need to recruit heavily. The trick was to get a jump on the other clubs who were still fully focused on making the final five. Talk of the WAFC being a destination club before we win many more games is like putting the cart before the horse. Not only do we have trouble recruiting players, but we also have just as much trouble retaining the ones we have already got. Lachlan mentioned South's excellent recruiting over the past few years. Why has South been successful at recruiting? It has been 58 years since South won its last premiership, yet seems to be a more enticing proposition than Westies.

I hope our recruiters are successful over the coming weeks because Adam needs something to work with. The only way to address falling attendance is to start winning games. I have been critical of the lack of communication from the club, but maybe this is a result of being unable to defend the indefensible. Members were promised improvement across all areas of the club's operations. When this didn't eventuate, members/supporters were then told to be patient as success was just around the corner. The evidence to support this, when it was given, was farcical. Surely if board members and employees were all meeting their KPIs we wouldn't be in this alarming and very disappointing position. If coaches and players are accountable for their performance so should everyone else involved in the running of the club.

I wish Adam all the best as this is a very difficult task. Hopefully, he'll have enough talent to work with.
Go Bloods
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:04 pm

Lachlan wrote:A midfielder the size of Billy is certainly what we need.

Should certainly add some speed and bulk to the midfield although his form is a little lacklustre.

https://www.racingandsports.com.au/harness/runner/billy-glanvill/1763967
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:46 pm

[/quote]

Should certainly add some speed and bulk to the midfield although his form is a little lacklustre.[/quote]
Thankyou for sharing, Bruce! Very Happy
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 373

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:34 pm

An online article suggested Kobe Ryan is no certainty to be drafted, with AFL recruiters doubtful about where he fits in an AFL side, and his kicking. There will only be 50-60 picks in the National Draft so we might end up hanging onto one or two kids we thought we were going to lose.
We do need some AFL quality injected into our side though. We need our own Panos/Gibbs/Knight/Partington/Mayes level midfielder.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1393

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:06 pm

Not surprised they have doubts about Kobe, but I think they're wrong.

Oscar Steene is the other one who is a maybe for the draft, perhaps will stay.

Harry Lemmey was a certainty, but has dropped down the order.

Barnett and Scully look certainties, along with Munkara.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:57 am

I think all the boys mentioned will be drafted including Steene.
There is the main list plus rookie spots on an AFL list.
Even if we did manage to keep one or two, if they showed any talent early in the season, they would be plucked in the mid season draft like Carmichael was this year.
Aldo makes a good point.
We need to be smarter with recruiting.
We need to find some players that have already had their shot in the AFL

Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 814

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:44 am

I note that we have a new reserves Coach --- anyone know what happened to last years Coach who i felt was very good

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:42 pm

As per oldfella's post

The West Adelaide Football Club is pleased to announce Daimon Head as the new Reserves Coach for the 2023 season.

Daimon was first involved at West Adelaide 5 years ago as a line coach with the U16’s in 2017. Since then he has held various roles in the Centre of Excellence program, most recently as Head of Development in 2021.

In 2022 he was given the opportunity to move up to the senior program as the forward line coach in the Reserves.

Daimon is very passionate about player development and helping young men achieve their dreams.

“The club is in a really exciting phase, l am grateful for the opportunity to be part of the journey. I have a strong passion for player development and l believe we have a quality group of young men who can take this club forward. I can’t wait to get started and give 100%” said Daimon.

GO BLOODS

Hopefully Ryan Anderson might step up to be an assistant to Adam? If not, it would be nice to know why the change?
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:44 pm

Also:

The West Adelaide Football Club are excited to announce Ben Braithwaite as the new High Performance Manager.

Ben grew up in Mount Gambier; then moved to Adelaide to study Sports Science at UniSA to pursue his dream of training athletes.

He has spent 12 years working in the fitness industry in a range of roles including overseeing school-based Sporting Academies, Head Coach of a Sports Performance facility and preparing athletes to compete at World Championships in a variety of sports.

“Helping people improve their sporting performance is my absolute passion and something l’m fortunate to do all day, everyday across a variety of programs in Adelaide” said Ben.

Ben has been involved with West Adelaide for the past 5 seasons. Primarily overseeing the strength and conditioning of the Centre of Excellence programs he has also held fitness roles within the Senior Men’s and Women’s programs.

Ben is looking forward to working with our extremely talented and highly credentialed coaches to roll out a top-notch programs throughout every level of the club.

“We have an exciting young Senior Men’s list this season and l cannot wait to help each of the players reach their athletic potentials” said Ben.

Again, not sure who filled this position last year?

Good luck to Ben and Daimon.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:49 pm

What is a "Centre of Excellence" programme....Anyone?! Neutral
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 373

Back to top Go down