Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

INS and OUTS for 2023

+11
Thiele
blackandred
TAAARS
Wolf Pack
aldo russian
RODH2
bloodzfan
bruce cameron
Lachlan
Oldfella
Lee Harradine
15 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

INS and OUTS for 2023 - Page 4 Empty Re: INS and OUTS for 2023

Post by Wolf Pack Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:04 pm

So now that the Drafts are over, can we expect some more signings?
For the record the other teams new players for 2023:
Central 17
Eagles 10
Norwood 9
Glenelg 8 (and they don’t have a coach)
South 7
Sturt 6
North 5
West 4….

Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 782

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:29 am

On the AFL Website it’s saying Oscar Steene is doing a preseason with Collingwood who have a rookie spot available.
If we lose him which is very likely we don’t have a league Ruckman at the club.

We need to sign 2 or 3 very good players in a hurry I fear for our season yet again.
So far our Recruiting has been the worst in the league given the players we have lost and the fact we finished bottom this year.

Last edited by Lachlan on Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1011

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:56 am

Lachlan, totally agree with you ---- this draft and recent ones have taken all potential tall and small league players from club.

It is all very well to have a quality junior development programs but not if quality is so good we lose them repeatedly.

I cannot fault your last para as it sums my feelings perfectly

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1038
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:10 am

The club would have known they would lose those 3 talls in the draft and perhaps Steene as well, so we should have been planning for this.
It’s not rocket science.

The two Ruckman we have at the club Babic and Walters couldn’t even make our Reserves Team for the finals this year.
In fact Walters only played 2 ressies games and the rest of the year he played with Goodwood Saints Reserves team.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:53 pm

Very dismal and disappointing again isn't it? When will the club as a whole accept that this "Business Board" is not working and get rid of it. Get people in that are Westies people and know that it is all about success on the field. The rest will follow. More supporters /members = more revenue= less debt = more players want to play at West = more success and so on. It is not rocket science.
The SANFL has sold us a pup, and most of our members bought it without question. What is the SANFL aim here? Do they want us to fold/ merge so there is less teams or perhaps replace us with a Armature club ? Rumour has it Tea Tree Gully wanted to enter the SANFL some years ago.
Whatever the game plan is let us know. Currently we are dying of a thousand cuts.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:39 pm

I submitted a question to the Member's Forum which contrasted the effectiveness of the previous football Board and the current Business Board.

The President not only refused to read the question (and 2 others I submitted), but inferred that I was insulting individual Board Members, totally untrue.

We have wasted four years and counting.

Will we still have a club soon?

Last edited by Lee Harradine on Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2164

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:43 pm

Respect and appreciation for our new Coach who will bring out the best from what we have been dealt. But this Board has been an abject and total failure, the results are literally on the scoreboard. I have no answers at all, I don't know what West Adelaide People can do to turn this situation around. I'm seeing more activity, decisions, recruiting and engagement from just about every other Club in the League. We must turf out this underachieving, self-indulgent Board. Just my frustrated opinion.
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 363

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:38 am

Beechy is locked in for season 2023

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:45 pm

Some great news!
A wonderful player for our club!!
I still feel that recruiting has not been good enough. I know the club had come out and said they will focus on youth and developing from our zones which is a good thing.
However, to be competitive in this tough competition you have to have half a dozen A Grade experienced players in the side.
We fall well short in my opinion.
I hope I’m wrong and I’ll eat my words 😀
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:48 pm

‘Wolf Pack’

your post is spot on
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:25 pm

It has been mentioned on another forum, that our 2023 cap is significantly less than the other clubs…….
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:35 am

If that is so, we've wasted years and it's indefensible.

It also shows the rank stupidity of the SANFL and condemns us to more years of on-field pain.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Coolie Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:44 am

I read with interest the comment from WolfPack re a reduced salary cap for the Bloods compared with that of other clubs.
While not doubting the validity of the comment, I find it infuriating that this fact has NOT been communicated to the members by the appropriate Board member. If this (a reduced salary cap) is the case, it puts our recruiting (or lack of) in a new light; and I’m sure the frustration expressed on this forum would be tempered knowing the Club’s hands have been tied to a certain degree.
Another question that needs to be asked is, if true WHY ?
Let’s consider the Club’s philosophy on recruitment. It is commendable that they want to focus on our recruiting zones and develop the youth rather than pay for “lower” order imports, BUT has this policy been forced by the reduced salary cap and merely a deflection from the real issue.
It is worthy that the Club should adopt this approach but the reality is these young players take time to develop and mature into good SANFL players and if they show talent early are destined for the AFL – aka Tulley etc and rarely play at league level. There’s no guarantee that those left are going to succeed in the SANFL despite all the effort and time committed to them by the Club. In the meantime, while these young people develop, the Club struggles to be competitive and places itself in a perilous position. These young players want success and be a part of a successful Club; if Westies can’t provide some aspirational target they will leave and play at more successful SANFL clubs.
In my view the Club is gambling on a lot of patience and good will from its members. This however is not a finite resource.
And finally, despite ridicule from friends and some family, I have renewed my membership in 2023 with hope....
Coolie

Number of posts : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:00 pm

Coolie wrote:I read with interest the comment from WolfPack re a reduced salary cap for the Bloods compared with that of other clubs.
While not doubting the validity of the comment, I find it infuriating that this fact has NOT been communicated to the members by the appropriate Board member.  If this (a reduced salary cap) is the case, it puts our recruiting (or lack of) in a new light; and I’m sure the frustration expressed on this forum would be tempered knowing the Club’s hands have been tied to a certain degree.
Another question that needs to be asked is, if true WHY ?
Let’s consider the Club’s philosophy on recruitment. It is commendable that they want to focus on our recruiting zones and develop the youth rather than pay for “lower” order imports, BUT has this policy been forced by the reduced salary cap and merely a deflection from the real issue.
It is worthy that the Club should adopt this approach but the reality is these young players take time to develop and mature into good SANFL players and if they show talent early are destined for the AFL – aka Tulley etc and rarely play at league level. There’s no guarantee that those left are going to succeed in the SANFL despite all the effort and time committed to them by the Club.  In the meantime, while these young people develop, the Club struggles to be competitive and places itself in a perilous position.  These young players want success and be a part of a successful Club; if Westies can’t provide some aspirational target they will leave and play at more successful SANFL clubs.
In my view the Club is gambling on a lot of patience and good will from its members. This however is not a finite resource.
And finally, despite ridicule from friends and some family, I have renewed my membership in 2023 with hope....

Excellent post, Coolie.
Still waiting for a long overdue communication from our President/CEO.
It is time to show members/supporters some respect. We are not an infinite resource.
I am currently considering not buying a membership this year.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:07 pm

Can someone provide a link to the comment.

While not saying it is right or wrong, I will not react to a rumor until I ring the club tomorrow and ask for information.

I suggest others do the same.

BRUCE --- sad to see as I had hoped you would throw your hat into ring again for Member Elected Board Member but can understand.

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:14 pm

The comment was made on the SA Footy Forum.
Who knows, there may be nothing in it….
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:17 pm

Any chance you can remember where as I can not find it --- I am very old (73) and senile LOL

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:20 pm

found it thanks

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:51 pm

Excellent post, Coolie.

Oldfella ,  Bruce stood for election once. I scrutineered.

I will only say that election was a disgrace to democratic elections. Happy to give more details by PM if  Interested.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:09 pm

The West Adelaide Football Club is very excited to announce the signing of Dylan Bramich for season 2023.

Dylan is a Ruckman and Key Forward who played his football for the Penguin Football Club in Tasmania last year.

Standing at 197cm tall, Dylan is a very good contested mark and uses his agility to his advantage when in the ruck.

We are thrilled to have him wearing the red and black, and will no doubt be a fan favourite.

“I am very excited to be joining the West Adelaide Football Club in 2023. I have been training for about 2 weeks now and have loved the culture. All players, coaches and staff have welcomed me with open arms and have made me feel very comfortable, which is important when moving interstate. The club is heading in the right direction and l can’t wait to be part of it” said Dylan.

“Adam Hartlett has been fantastic! l look forward to playing under him, it’s a great opportunity l have been given. l’m determined to work hard and put together a strong 2023 campaign”.

Welcome to the Bloods Dylan!

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:28 pm

We sign Dylan Bramich

Good luck, Dylan, but I thought we were only going to sign top-end talent?

https://westadelaidefc.com.au/news/bloods-sign-dylan-bramich/
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:17 am

The SANFL site says we've also recruited a player I haven't heard mentioned by the club, Antonio James from the Darwin Buffaloes. Well that is literally top-end talent.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1344

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:26 am

full listing from site

COMING
Rhys Nicholls (Gold Coast Suns), Sam Frost (GWS – VFL), Billy Glanvill (Lavington), Ned Stevens (Labrador/Gold Coast Academy), Dylan Bramich (Penguin, Tasmania), Jack Cottrell (Wentworth), Owen Mulady (Northern Knights), Josh Sheppard (Broadview), Antonio James (Darwin Buffaloes)

GOING
Hamish Hartlett (retired), Tom Keough (retired), Logan Hill (retired/Edwardstown), Patrick Fairlie (work/Northern Bullants VFL), Jackson Edwards (Southport Sharks), Matthew McKenzie (North Adelaide), Jade Cleeland (Goodwood Saints), Harry Barnett (West Coast), Harry Lemmey (Carlton), Tom Scully (Port Adelaide), Anthony Munkara (Essendon), Blair Rubock (work/Queensland), Clayton Gay (Hastings, Victoria), Charlie Allan (St Peter’s OC), Kenny Karpany (Port Districts), Connor Fairlie (Goodwood Saints), Lyndon Hupfeld (Glenunga), Tom Rundle (Southport Sharks), Reed Stevens

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by inthruck Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:38 am

From this morning's Age newspaper - "West Adelaide’s Oscar Steene is warming as favourite to fill Collingwood’s vacant rookie list spot before the supplemental selection period closes on February 15.

A club source said the Magpies are expected to meet early in the week to make an official decision on who gets the nod, but the 201-centimetre ruckman has impressed during the pre-season and would provide strong back-up for a rucking contingent that includes Darcy Cameron, Mason Cox and Aiden Begg."
inthruck
inthruck

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:13 pm

It’s a done deal. He’s been signed.
Good luck to him. He’s a real talent.
I guess that’s why we signed Bramich last week.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next