Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

INS AND OUTS

+17
loppy19
brodlach
RODH2
Thiele
Mypaspective
whispy
Lachlan
Admin
blood bath
redblack32
bruce cameron
aldo russian
Wolf Pack
Oldfella
mikeme
TAAARS
Lee Harradine
21 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

INS AND OUTS Empty INS AND OUTS

Post by Lee Harradine Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:33 am

Just starting this for next season with a small story.

About 3 seasons ago, we nearly signed an interesting player. We were approached to see if we would help a young player from WA who had been in a bit of trouble, but was looking for a fresh start. We were happy to sign the player, after speaking to several people, but the lad finally decided to stay in WA.

Marlion Pickett.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

INS AND OUTS Empty Re: INS AND OUTS

Post by TAAARS Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:14 am

Well we wouldn't have him now. Would have been 3 players lost to the mid season draft. May as well take the whole team...
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:50 pm

INS:

OUTS:

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeme Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:07 am

Another what if story.
How many times do we at West Adelaide hear stories like that.

On A side note How good was it to see so many people at Punt Road oval Sunday to celebrate the Richmond Tigers win on Saturday.

When the Glenelg Tigers won the day after at Glenelg oval the only people there were the clean up crew.

Its time the SANFL reverted back to a Saturday for our grand final so the fans with families can also enjoy the celebrations with the players and members instead of that small window on a Sunday night after the game. Most clubs have a private dinner when the players get back after the game and would not be presented to the public until around 10pm leaving little time to enjoy. How Good is it to see the players after a hard night give back to the party faithful and enjoy the day with the true fans of the club.

WE live in hope that it will be Westies next year weather it be a Saturday or Sunday we will take it.

Go The Bloods.
mikeme
mikeme

Number of posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:33 pm

The West Adelaide Football Club are pleased to announce the signing of Domonic ‘Junior’ Grant.
Junior grew up in Darwin before moving down to Adelaide and attending Rostrevor College. He played some junior football at North Adelaide before moving back home to Darwin to sign with NT Thunder.

The 188cm half forward was part of the 2017 AFL Academy alongside players like Cam Rayner and Darcy Fogarty. He was one of the Northern Territory’s top draft prospects before a foot injury seriously affected his opportunity.

Previous coach Dean Rioli said “Dominic has always been very quick with all his skills. But he has added aggression to his game and a different perspective in terms of defence which likens him to Cyril Rioli, in my opinion.”

“He runs hard and is very quick to close down an opponent with the ball and that’s a big part of any footballer’s armoury.’’

Junior is about to have shoulder surgery but we expect him to be available for round 1 selection.

Senior Coach Gavin Colville is excited about what he will bring to the team in 2020.

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:43 pm

COACHING ANNOUNCEMENT
Eudunda Robertstown Football Club
CHRIS SCHMIDT

Thanks to the - Eudunda Robertstown Football Club, for sharing with us for the football community of South Australia.

The Southern Saints Football Club is very proud to announce Chris Schmidt as its playing coach for the 2020 season.

Chris has played at the top level with the Brisbane Lions as well as the Adelaide Crows. Chris has also had a wonderful career in the SANFL with West Adelaide, winning their best and fairest in 2013 and 2016, as well as being their premiership captain and Jack Oatey medallist in 2015.

Chris played his junior football at the Robertstown Football Club, along with his brother Nick. Chris is excited to be coming home and to play with family and friends. He can't wait to meet everyone and be a part of the Saints.

Chris' experience and knowledge will help our club to grow and continue to achieve a sustainable environment for our proud clubs future.

On behalf of all of our members we welcome Chris and we all look forward to working hard together to achieve success and maintain enjoyment at the Saints.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1057
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:15 pm

Lots of players have left the club this year for various reasons and I believe there will be a few more....
We need at least 6 high quality recruits otherwise we will remain at the bottom.
At present we have one forward - Jono Beech.
Riley Thilthorpe is a talent but will spend half the year with the development squad in 2020.
Let’s hope there are some good signings in the coming weeks.......

Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 814

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:35 am

I think you might have overstated the number of forwards we have by one, Wolf Pack.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1393

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:54 am

aldo russian wrote:I think you might have overstated the number of forwards we have by one, Wolf Pack.
There seems to be a rush on the lifeboats at the moment.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:35 am

Well let's just hope we're trying to recruit players of the quality of Luke Partington, and Andrew Moore, and Jesse White, and not more Reserves players.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by redblack32 Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:48 am

I’d just be happy to hear from our footy club regarding one of our better players leaving instead of seeing it announced by some one on Facebook! Pretty disappointing
redblack32
redblack32

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

Post by blood bath Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:59 am

redblack32 wrote:I’d just be happy to hear from our footy club regarding one of our better players leaving instead of seeing it announced by some one on Facebook! Pretty disappointing

I agree.

As a current player and former captain of the club, sorry, Premiership captain, I would have expected a formal club statement, including on Facebook given that appears to be the preferred communication channel, in a more timely manner (assuming we do hear something).

Not good enough.

Noticed Schmidt first signing is former Blood Justin Hardy!
blood bath
blood bath

Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:19 am

So Beechy can be added to the OUTS...........
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 814

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:13 pm

And now the Schmidt announcement goes up on the website. It's kind of laughable really. They remove from the club website the official link to this site, but there still seems to be a pretty clear and reactive link between the two sites.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:26 pm

There has been a noticeable increase in traffic on this site since attention was drawn to it.

We remain a site to celebrate and discuss Westies, not a competitor.

Trying to stop the internet doesn't have a track record of success.

Go the Bloods!
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:17 pm

Admin wrote:There has been a noticeable increase in traffic on this site since attention was drawn to it.

We remain a site to celebrate and discuss Westies, not a competitor.

Trying to stop the internet doesn't have a track record of success.

Go the Bloods!
I can't find much discussion on the Facebook site, in fact I find it an absolute shambles. I'm probably responsible for the increase in traffic as I have repeatedly visited trying to make sense of the inane and irrelevant comments. If this is supposed to be the official site, why am I reading comments about irrelevant topics. As for discussing Westies, most comments amount to one sentence, hardly a discussion. And celebrating the past does not change the current situation. Board members can always respond to any questions/criticisms by posting directly to the website. At the moment, we are only getting Murray's monthly/bi-monthly address to members. Communication remains an issue.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:17 pm

Congrats to Schmidt he has been a wonderful servant of the club.

We have lost so many quality players the way things are going we wouldn’t beat an Amo’s side
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1038

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:27 pm

I agree with Aldo we need to recruit quality players to the club.
Signing reserves players isn’t what we need.

Recruiting this year has now become the single biggest PRIORITY.

Colville needs urgent help in this area. I really hope the CEO is getting involved.

One person who would make a big Impact with Recruiting would be someone like Adam Hartlett. He Seems to have the personality and Leadership qualities required to Recruit good players to our club.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1038

Back to top Go down

Post by redblack32 Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:34 pm

INS AND OUTS 6211a810

Now I’ll just leave this picture here (a picture says a thousand words)
But if the club wants to use Facebook as there main communication to people.  
Then the standard needs to pick up 110%.
Plus it wouldn’t be a bad idea to inform your members of departures etc instead of hearing it from a third party.
Extremely poor
redblack32
redblack32

Back to top Go down

Post by whispy Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:30 am

Lachlan wrote:I agree with Aldo we need to recruit quality players to the club.
Signing reserves players isn’t what we need.

Recruiting this year has now become the single biggest PRIORITY.

Colville needs urgent help in this area. I really hope the CEO is getting involved.

One person who would make a big Impact with Recruiting would be someone like Adam Hartlett. He Seems to have the personality and Leadership qualities required to Recruit good players to our club

I agree lachlan, Hartlett would make a great Football Manager, no offence to the current person in that position but Hartlett would be fantastic to have back at the club.
whispy
whispy

Number of posts : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:43 pm

Jordon Boyle Joins The Bloods

The West Adelaide Football Club are pleased to announce the signing of speedy midfielder Jordon Boyle.

Jordon joined the SANFL Crows Development Squad midway through 2018 and has played 17 league games since including two finals. After snapping two goals in the 2019 qualifying final against Port Adelaide, Boyle was listed as one of the Crows best players.

Originally from Central District, the 22 year old played reserves and junior football at the Dogs before moving to the Crows.

Learning from some of the Adelaide Crows coaches and players has been invaluable for his development and Jordon is looking forward to a strong season at West Adelaide.

Senior Coach Gavin Colville said, “Jordon has displayed consistent qualities over the past two seasons at league level. He has very good skills and running capacity, we look forward to him becoming an integral part of our midfield”

Welcome to the Bloods Jordon

https://westadelaidefc.com.au/news/jordon-boyle-joins-the-bloods/

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:47 pm

David Piasente Returns to the Bloods as Assistant Coach

The West Adelaide Football Club is thrilled to announce the return of past Club Captain David Piasente as Assistant Coach in the senior program.

Pia, as he is affectionately known, played 148 games for Westies between 2002 and 2011 and lead the club as Captain in 2006 and 2007. He played alongside some quality players in Adam Cooney, Shane Tuck and Daniel Caire and listed one of his career highlights as reaching the 2003 premiership decider against Central District. 200 game player Daniel Caire spoke highly of Piasente saying,

“David is a great club man, a great captain and someone who will set tough standards for our players. Pia and Ryan Ferguson are two of the most courageous players I have ever played with”

“He was always someone you wanted to play with, he played on the edge and his relenting will to win was invaluable”

Senior coach Gavin Colville said, “David brings a wealth of playing, coaching and leadership experience. I very much admired his approach on field and know he will help nurture our next generation of tough and unrelenting Bloods players”

Piasente spoke of wanting to expand his coaching experience before returning to SANFL football and knew that 2020 was the right time. David said, “I’m really looking forward to coming back to West Adelaide at a time were the club will demand hard standards. I played in the same era as Gav so I am really looking forward to working with him. “

He has most recently been coaching Westminster Old Scholars and now returns to the club to strengthen the senior coaching panel.

Welcome back Pia!

https://westadelaidefc.com.au/news/david-piasente-returns-to-the-bloods-as-assistant-coach/?fbclid=IwAR2gfmk8IkGZQM1rLLcdAT_6N0z3qb0SmUpNfQf23IO7_ulmTSE595zwMrc

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:59 pm

A great get Pia. Welcome back mate.

I’m confident you’ll be a terrific support for Gavin.

Passionate, professional & take no prisoners approach.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 372

Back to top Go down

Post by redblack32 Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:53 am

Kaiden brand has been delisted. He is an absolute must get for us
redblack32
redblack32

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:13 am

redblack32 wrote:Kaiden brand has been delisted. He is an absolute must get for us

Agreed. 6 foot 5, 40-odd AFL games, not too many of them running around in the SANFL. Be nice if he could bring a delisted teammate with him.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next