Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2023 Membership

+4
aldo russian
Oldfella
Lee Harradine
blood bath
8 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

2023 Membership Empty 2023 Membership

Post by blood bath Mon 14 Nov - 19:40

Question - does WAFC set the different prices and categories for club membership or is this set by SANFL?

Noticed the packages released for 2023 has removed a number of membership types. For example, no 3 or 5 game home memberships, no variations for juniors (all $40). With cost of living pressures, feels Club has gone about this poorly and doesn’t help to attract new members to an already small membership base.
blood bath
blood bath

Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

2023 Membership Empty Re: 2023 Membership

Post by Lee Harradine Mon 14 Nov - 20:54

I'm sure the Club sets the prices.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by blood bath Mon 14 Nov - 21:23

Quick look at a couple of other clubs memberships and found Centrals offer 3 game memberships, junior members $25, even have Pet memberships! I liked South’s offering of a family membership $340 (2 adults and 2 children). Eagles, North offer 5 game membership.

Disappointed with West. No creativity or thought to keep up with more contemporary and changing times.
blood bath
blood bath

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Tue 15 Nov - 10:25

suggest you ring club and discuss with Conny

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1057
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Thu 8 Dec - 15:41

I notice the club's Facebook page states '2022 Memberships available now'. Don't reckon they'll sell many between now and the end of the year.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1393

Back to top Go down

Post by MR BLOODHOUND Thu 8 Dec - 16:56

I signed my grandson up 3 years ago when he was just born and for those 3 years 0 to 5 years was free.Now i have another grandson i was going to sign up as a junior member .No chance if they want $40 for a 1 month old .72 years i have followed West Adelaide and the club is going to crap .Almost time to quit and just remember the good times that were .
MR BLOODHOUND
MR BLOODHOUND

Number of posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu 8 Dec - 17:27

This is what happens when people in charge have no idea of the history and passion of supporters.

It starts by charging people who have sat in the grandstand for decades $5 to sit in it now while it's half empty.

At a time when we need younger members and children to grow up with a feeling for the club, charging $40 for a baby shows no understanding

Money takes over and supporters such as you (and most of us) start thinking it's not worth it any more.

Sad times.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by blood bath Thu 8 Dec - 20:51

MR BLOODHOUND wrote:I signed my grandson up 3 years ago when he was just born and for those 3 years 0 to 5 years was free.Now i have another grandson i was going to sign up as a junior member .No chance if they want $40 for a 1 month old .72 years i have followed West Adelaide and the club is going to crap .Almost time to quit and just remember the good times that were .

Agree wholeheartedly. This is what lead me to making my initial post. I had always got the kids memberships for my children, more “tokenistic” so they felt included. Now @ $40 each (keeping in mind admission is free) x 3 kids plus my membership the club has now lost 3 junior members. Where’s the creativity? Again look at south - $340 for a family membership of 2 adults and 2 children with entry to home and away games. 2 adults and 2 kids at westies costs $480!
blood bath
blood bath

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Fri 9 Dec - 9:26

Again, this is what happens when decisions are made on a 'business' basis.

The Membership Director doesn't communicate with the members.  Bruce Cameron, a 50 year supporter, stood for election as a Members' Director, but lost to the current Membership Director, someone unknown to members, in a very 'interesting' election some years ago.  Bruce would understand what members concerns are.

Our club seems to be sliding away from the ordinary members and we should all be very worried about its future.  Nothing at the recent Members' Forum gave us any hope or inspiration and awkward questions were censored.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Fri 9 Dec - 10:27

This year I will only be buying the very basic club membership only out of loyalty to the club. Maybe I'm stupid at that but there you go. I usually buy either a season ticket or at least a home match season ticket but not this year. Going on the recruiting and loss of players I just can't watch this anymore. All I see is another year of bouncing along at the bottom of the table. Poor Adam. He has been given nothing to work with. The "green shoots" have died in another crop failure by the looks of it.
So I will buy a ticket at the gate on the rare game I attend. I will hold off on buying the membership type until late February/early March in case we get a late surge in sign on's but I hold little hope.
Thank you SANFL. Your leadership in the restructure has/is destroying my club.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Mon 12 Dec - 18:06

I’m sure the Membership Director on the Board is looking to communicate a number of matters of interest to the members. After all, the number of paid up members is an accurate measure of her effectiveness on the board and there hasn’t been much improvement in numbers in recent times.

Firstly, she would be working with other Board members to put together a report on the recent football review. The president did promise to advise members of the outcomes. Naturally, there may be confidential matters and she would need to be careful but there must be a lot of more general information that could easily be passed on and eagerly sort after by long suffering members and supporters.

Secondly, due to the interest in recruiting I’m sure she would be keen to update us on what is happening on that front. Names would be missing of course but what sort of players are we after, how advanced are we in getting what we want or, even, have we completed out recruiting already for 2023?

Then she would be keen to let us all know how the pre-season will kick off in the new year. Is there a country camp planned? What are the training nights when we can see the players? Who is burning up the track?

There is probably a lot more stuff that she is keen to pass on and I look forward to reading all about it.

Sorry, couldn’t find the sarcasm font.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 267

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Wed 14 Dec - 12:39

Good to see a few announcements on new Corporate Sponsors joining the club BUT they won’t help us win games of footy which is what it is about!!
It’s really disappointing as a member to see up until now our lack of signings.
I really hope we land 2 or 3 more otherwise it could be more of the same in 2023.
I think we have had enough of winning wooden spoons!!!!!
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 814

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down