Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West v Eagles

+6
Lachlan
TAAARS
Lee Harradine
Oldfella
aldo russian
Thiele
10 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

West v Eagles Empty West v Eagles

Post by Thiele Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:38 pm

League

F: McCormick, Corbett, Hansen

HF: N. Stevens, Ellem, Gore

C: Johnson, Morrish, Obst

HB: Laudato, Minchella, Patton

B: Sinderberry, Delahunty, J. White

R: W. Ryan, K. Ryan, Frost

INT: Searle, Squire, Bock, Park, Maguire, Davidson, Redfern

IN: Minchella, Redfern, Maguire, Davidson

OUT: Meline (knee)

Reserves
(25) Lachlan Tredwell, (26) Kobe Tozer, (32) Liam Westdijk, (35) Adam Bunworth, (42) Charlie Haysman, (45) Jack Sullivan, (47) Riley McMillan, (48) Rhys Mooney, (49) Archer Byrne, (52) Riley Hill, (54) Jack Hutton, (55) Luke Young, (56) Jesse Thackeray, (57) Cooper Patterson, (58) Lachlan Williams, (59) Max McKenzie, (61) Jack Oates, (62) Alex Morgan, (63) Jordan Brown, (65) Xavier Hampton, (66) Oscar Talbot, (68) Noah Baker

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 695

Back to top Go down

West v Eagles Empty Re: West v Eagles

Post by aldo russian Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:50 pm

Disappointed not to see Tozer and/or Tredwell elevated, maybe the forecast wet weather had an influence there.
Redden out for them is handy.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1419

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:57 pm

west by 5

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1067
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Sat Jul 20, 2024 5:03 pm

oldfella said west by 5 or 30 points but in fact was 39 points.

i apologist for poor prediction

Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1067
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sat Jul 20, 2024 5:20 pm

Couldn't see it, but what a great win !
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2226

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sat Jul 20, 2024 5:41 pm

The first 10 minutes looked like we were going to lose by a big margin but some wayward shots for goal by WWT kept us in it early. There were some horrible turnovers and I can recall at least 3 of their goals were from bad mistakes by us. But we stuck at it, as we always do, and eventually wrestled control of the game off them. Our third goal of the match was the best goal we've kicked for a long time - some great clearance work followed by a great effort by Sinderberry, a brilliant left hand handball by Obst and a great snap by Ellem.
Kobe Ryan was outstanding again. I'm not sure we could win a game without him. Frost was also terrific, though he doesn't seem to be drifting forward as much these days where he can be dangerous. And Sinderberry continued his fine form, and his marking is very useful, especially when he drifts forward. I also thought Corbett was good and Laudato, despite some shocking kicking errors early, did some very important things.
One of our biggest scalps for a long time. But I still think we can pick a stronger side. Surely Tozer comes in for Stevens, who has had an extremely quiet run of games.
5 wins in one season...who'd have thought.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1419

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Sat Jul 20, 2024 6:40 pm

And I think we can win another 3.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:24 pm

That is our best win for sometime.
I can’t remember the last time we beat a side that was in the top 5.at the

At the 10 minute mark of the first qrt it was looking good, after that we turned around k control of the match.
We always play with effort and intensity and the coach has instilled that in this playing group.

Kobe Ryan was a stand out, his last 2 weeks have been great, the kid never plays a bad game.
Sinderberry continued his good form and it’s pleasing to see, I didn’t think he was a league player.
Laudato played his best league game for the club.
Corbett has done great job in the Ruck this year and both Park and Frost were in our best.
I also thought Delahunty and Wyatt Ryan were useful
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1062

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Sat Jul 20, 2024 8:54 pm

We passed a big test today by beating a side in the top 5 for the first time this year. But it didn’t start well. I reckon we turned the ball over a dozen times in the first ten minutes, couldn’t take a mark up forward and it looked to be how far the Eagles.
We then proceeded to outscore them 11 goals to 3 after Q time in what was a comprehensive win, arguably our best of the season. We were harder at the ball and ran the game out well in heavy conditions. Well done to the players and coaching staff. The best though is that there is still room for improvement.
It was pretty much an even team effort led by our brilliant midfield of Ryan, Frost and Searle but with valuable contributions from the much improved players like Jai Sinderberry and Michael Laudato and an impressive defensive effort. Our backline was superb. The Eagles went for nearly a half of footy without a goal as we forced them out to the flanks.
Special mention to Isaac Johnson for a great captain’s game.
After all the rain the oval was a mess and the umpires insisted on starting the game in the centre mud heap rather than off to one side which would have made for a better spectacle for both teams.
The Ressies went down in a close low scoring game but the U16s won.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 269

Back to top Go down

Post by loppy19 Sun Jul 21, 2024 8:38 am

Thought Corbett and Ellen showed something and Ryan, siderberry, park and frost all played well. But overall, great team effort and well done.
5 wins so far and a couple more possible, this is finally a step in the right direction even with some key players retiring and no real recruiting. Well done Harts!
loppy19
loppy19

Number of posts : 168

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sun Jul 21, 2024 5:19 pm

Harts has been brilliant to develop this group.

And several players have griwn and settled really well.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Rossetto Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:47 am

I would like to praise three players in addition to those already mentioned. Firstly, Callum Park had 25 disposals and at least 20 of them found their target and gave us an advantage. Callum is rediscovering his match fitness and, as he does, his value to the team with his link-up play is skyrocketing. Secondly, the way Wyatt Ryan turned things around against a very strong ruck opponent, who had dominated in the first quarter, was outstanding. He was fearless in marking contests from the second quarter and ran his socks off to get into good positions. Finally, some of Riley Corbett's contested marking was as good as I have seen at SANFL level.
Daniel Rossetto
Daniel Rossetto

Number of posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:02 pm

Anyone suspect that Daniel is a bit pleased with Callum Park Smile
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Tue Jul 23, 2024 10:58 am

Adam's Coach Report.

And it's well written as usual and informative.

West Adelaide
Woodville-West Torrens
Full Time

Saturday’s 39-point win over fifth-placed Woodville West-Torrens was reward for a lot of hard work put in by our playing group and our Coaching / Support Staff. Walking off the ground at games end, I couldn’t be prouder of our players and the way they applied themselves to the contest and execution of the plan. Even more pleasing was our players ability to play with energy and confidence after a tough 5-weeks of football against some quality opposition. Woodville wasn’t going to be any easier task.

We had a couple of KPIs leading into the game that aligned heavily to our Creed; Team First – Relentless – Courage, that we knew were going to be important in generating a positive result. I thought we displayed each of these values for much of the game; our players played and executed their roles (Team First), our defence was relentless for long periods, and our players stood up in the moments they were challenged – this is courage.

I felt we were slow to start the game; lacked intensity, second to the ball, a little loose defensively, couldn’t get our hands on the footy and Woodville looked sharp. I feel a turning point in the first term was Josh Gore’s crafty goal in traffic followed by an inspiring smother moments later in front of the Brian Faehse Stand. Once we got ourselves into the game, we were able to play more front-half football and impact the scoreboard.

We played the second quarter as we finished the first; good in the contest, tight defensively and composed with ball in hand and were able to kick 4 goals to 1 for the term, a lead of 11 points at the main break.

Our focus for the remainder of the game was to continue hitting our KPI’s knowing there would be a response coming from a classy Woodville outfit. The application from our players to execute the plan was first-class and we were able to get some nice reward on the scoreboard in the second half, kicking seven goals to two.

Against a strong Eagles outfit, seeing our players compete and execute the way we did fills me with great hope and excitement. Our challenge now is to maintain the intensity & effort, to continue pushing one another, to continue raising our standards and executing in game when tested by the opposition.

I liked many of our players games and as mentioned, felt it was a total team effort. But there are two performances I would like to acknowledge as I feel they were ‘break-out’ games for both lads – Michael Laudato and Jye Sinderberry. There are many players we acknowledge internally and understand the importance and impact of their roles on game day, but I just wanted to take this time to acknowledge both ‘Reg’ & ‘Sinders’.

Finally, thank you again for the full house back at our club rooms post-match, we appreciate all your backing as we get great satisfaction seeing our supporters happy post-win.

Best: Kobe Ryan, Michael Laudato, Jye Sinderberry

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:56 am

The cheerleaders were disgracefully terminated recently, for more modern entertainment.

Can anyone who was there advise what the entertainment eas, please?
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Wed Jul 24, 2024 9:45 am

Lee Harradine wrote:The cheerleaders were disgracefully terminated recently, for more modern entertainment.

it has happened at all clubs not just westies
blacky

Number of posts : 252

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:13 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:

There was none but I haven't seen any cheer leaders at any other club

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 695

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down