Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West vs Eagles

+6
Lee Harradine
bruce cameron
Wolf Pack
TAAARS
aldo russian
Thiele
10 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

West vs Eagles Empty West vs Eagles

Post by Thiele Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:44 pm

Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Reserves 10.25
League 1.10

On channel 7 from 1pm

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 695

Back to top Go down

West vs Eagles Empty Re: West vs Eagles

Post by aldo russian Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:13 pm

I would bring in Waite, Watchman and Rankine for Favretto, Majok and Peter.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1419

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:38 pm

I fear  a flogging but  hope not!
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:08 pm

Won't see much of Rankine this year.
Can't see us getting near the Eagles.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 832

Back to top Go down

West vs Eagles Empty Where are they?

Post by bruce cameron Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:51 am

Wolf Pack wrote:Won't see much of Rankine this year.
Can't see us getting near the Eagles.
Why not?
Can anyone tell me what's happened to Aaron Anderson and Jayden Brind.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:19 am

Rankine will play a lot of state / representative footy.
He will probably miss all of June with the State team.
Might get 6 or 7 games from him...

As for the game, I fear we will get a hiding. Our skills are not up to what they should be!!!
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:36 am

Aaron Anderson has been working in Canada, Bruce. I thought he was due back soon, but not sure.

Jaydn has a severe back (? ) injury and will be out for some time.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2226

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:46 am

Wolf Pack wrote:Rankine will play a lot of state / representative footy.
He will probably miss all of June with the State team.
Might get 6 or 7 games from him...

As for the game, I fear we will get a hiding. Our skills are not up to what they should be!!!

I agree, however there are ways around that. The poor skills normally relate to disposal. Last year turnovers absolutely killed us. The game which stands out the most was the away game against South. We kept playing one side of the ground and kept turning it over. South placed a couple of loose players on the opposite side of the ground , once a turnover occurred it was a simple matter to bang the ball across the ground where an unchecked player was waiting for it. Our work ethic is usually very good and we can scrap it out with any team. Last week was a shining example. We don't have many tall marking options and therefore are often out marked. So why persevere kicking to marking contests. We are much better when the ball is on the ground as this suits most of our better players. Rather than try to hit targets all the time we would be better off to just kick to advantage. How often do you see a fast moving leading player fail to take the mark because the kick is not precise. Once the ball is behind him it's easy for defenders to take possession. We also 'telegraph' a lot of our disposals, particularly when coming out of defence, which makes it easy for opposition players to read the ball.
Last week's 'effort' was excellent, but I think we need to play smarter. I will be very disappointed if we are not competitive against the Eagles.
Go you Bloods.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:19 pm

Bruce, i find your comments both fair and supportable. Priot to last weeks game i told the skipper that i felt we would win by three goals however due to some ordinary goal kicking and instances of poot skills we lost narrowly a game that was there for the taking.

I believe this young team of ours has great potential and will give us much pleasure this season i just hope they start to fire for longer periods in the short term not the long team (could we dream of the baby bombers type scenario)☺

I believe we will win this week in a close affair

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1067
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:19 pm

West Adelaide has included two players into its squad of 23 to clash with the Eagles on Saturday.
Returning key forward Jesse Watchman and possible debutant Josh Stevens have been included on a five-man extended interchange bench.
Premiership wingman Taite Silverlock will make his return from a hamstring strain in the Reserves.
League
F: Fielke, Peter, J. Noble
HF: Turner, Middleton, Bates
C: Batley, Haysman, Hill
HB: Wasley-Black, Wilson, Green
B: Caire, Keough, Agostino
R: Webb, Schiller, K. Stevens
INT: Majok, Burgess, Favretto, Watchman, J. Stevens
IN: Watchman, J. Stevens
Reserves
Silverlock, Waite, Klemke, Pillion, Carger, McPherson, J. Evans, L. Ryan, M. Noble, Iannucci, Holliday, O. Johnson, Scott, Vassallo, Halkias, Male, J. Ryan, Lynch, Karpany, L. Evans, Bottin.

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 695

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:06 pm

Not at footy due to flue grrr --- watching westies on channel 7 -- just seen scoreboard which still had a score on it which indicated that the reserves had a solid win --- just confirmed reserves won by 25 points

Go team

Quarter time league
Westies win toss and go with a slight breeze -- four lead changes during quarter -- very close game with westies pressure is very good but eagles look dangerous when they get the ball free and have tall forward line that has taken several grabs -- majoc done well against both eagle ruckman -- lots of work for coaches at the break

Westies by a point 3.3 to 3.2
Westies goal kickers
K. Turner B. Turner L. Peter

Major ball
J. Schiller 9
L. Hill 7
N. Batley 7

Last edited by Oldfella on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:01 pm

Second quarter 12 minutes

Agostino off with accidental knee to head doubtfull if he will return

Eagle by 11 points

Eagles very clean and hitting targets but westies still aplying great pressure

Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:21 pm

Half time

Eagles by 8 goals --- westies hardly went past centre and only scored one point this quarter ---- 8 unanswered goals

Eagles out marked us with excelent field kicking and movement repeatedly hitting free targets in the forward line ---- issue is not the backline which is under siege rather numbers to the ball through center and half back --- basically, quality side against team inexperienced players.

Enough to make me take up drinking again pretty ordinary

Very disappointing quarter to say the least after a promising start
Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:51 pm

Third quarter

Agostino back on ground

One goal each -- bad miss westies from 30 dead in front
Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:15 pm

3 quarter time eagles by 59 points

Nothing much can be said  perhaps a competative quarter but all too late

I will leave main comments for after game by those who understand the game better but random thoughts at this stave

Would be nice if we kicked ball to where players are leading
Be terrific if player off the ball would go and stand within 25m of thier oponent
Cannot believe how forwards can be out numberred 4 to 1 then when eagles kick down ground we are out numberred 3 to 1 -- time for a count of the teams perhaps

Best we can hope for now is to break even in last quarter

Absolutely shocking
Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:47 pm

Full time and thank god that is over

Eagle won by 60 points  given 8 goal second quarter indicates equal for three quarters but just not true sadly

Umpires made couple errors but had no impact

Starngely i did see some good signs for future but a lot of the players just need senior experience which will not happen overnight

I do not think wholesale changes are the answer rather just slog it out for a long season

Will now move on to next week sigh
Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:05 pm

Was at the game.
Our first qtr was good. Not much to say after that.
We have 4 or 5 players who are not league footballers at this stage.
Our lack of skill is concerning.
Not enough moves were made in the first half.
Sadly, we are in for another tough year.....
Since winning the flag, we have won 2 out of 20 games...... Sad
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:41 pm

Was also at the game. We lack an experianced  ruckman that can control some of the play around the ground and our small running players can crumb off. We also lack a couple of large forwards that can present a target and allow again our small forwards to crumb off. Just 3 key players and we are back in the game. Our midget brigade do well when the ball is on the deck but you can't expect them to outmark 6'2"+ opponents. How we get them I don't know but until we do we can all expect more pain just like it was in the Weeds era. I guess our best chance to beat our opponents in the mean time is to try and outrun them and fan the ball around in the forward line but that presents problems too if you go too far and you end up getting caught in the pockets. Who would be a coach?
TAAARS
TAAARS

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:13 pm

Positives out of today’s drubbing are hard to find but here goes:
It was a lovely day.
The seconds won 11.6 to 7.5.
Did I mention it was a lovely day?

Not much else except to say that Kaine Stevens was our best player and Jake Wilson kept Wundke to 2 goals, both from frees, the last being the last kick of the game.

Far too many passengers. Far too many players simply outclassed in the contest.

We led at Q time but the Eagles banged on 8 goals in the second in a powerful display that demoralised our players and spectators alike. In this Q they had 135 disposals to our 63. They won the clearances 14 to 5. They kicked 8.2 to our 2 pts. The game was well and truly over at half time.

While Bornholm (remember him?) dominated the ruck young Majok took another step up today and should be retained as he promises much. A few premiership players should go back to the 2s to find some form and self respect.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 269

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:59 pm

Agree with comment about young Majok. He could be a very handy player in years to come but not yet. He is only learning. After all if Borholm can dominate the ruck being only ever a fringe player at best for us well......enough said. When we had Big Willy even though he had limited skills and pace we still performed better with his presence as he could smash the pack and bring the ball to ground. If Majok tried that he would end up wrapped around the fence until he builds his physique up quite a bit.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:31 pm

The Eagles absolutely smashed us after quarter time.
The Eagles have a fantastic programme in place, they have lost 5 or 6 very good and experienced players from their Runner Up side of last year, however they still beat us by 10 goals.

They recruited only 2 players in Stewart and Johnansen and they promoted 5 or 6 players from their Reserves team and all of them had a significant impact on the result.

Last edited by Lachlan on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1062

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:55 pm

We were completely outclassed today by a side who used the ball by hand and foot much better than us. We turned the ball over on far to many occasions.

1. Our Midfield was once again smashed for the second week in a row.
Stevens was by far our best player and Schiller tried hard, however he does turn the ball over.
We have lost Tuck and O'Brien from our midfield and they were both strong and aggressive inside mids. WE FAILED TO RECRUIT A QUALITY INSIDE MID TO REPLACE EITHER OF THEM. it doesn't help when Schmidt,Silverlock and Porps are unavailable. Silverlock will need to play as an inside mid next week. We have a number of outside Mids such as Haysman, Bates,Noble, Waite and Batley however we need to recruit a couple of quality inside mids next year.

2. RUCK- haven't had a genuine ruckman since Ben Marsh which is over 10 years ago. ITS SO FRUSTRATING.

3. KEY FORWARD - haven't had a genuine key forward since Darren Bradshaw. ITS SO FRUSTRATING.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1062

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:54 pm

TAAARS wrote:Agree with comment about young Majok. He could be a very handy player in years to come but not yet. He is only learning.

No disrespect to the guy but Majok is 27 years old. So in effect TAAARS you're saying he could be a handy player when he's about to retire. I would have thought we were better off putting some time into a young player like Watchman who might still be playing with us in 3 years time.
Our list looks unbalanced to me. We seem to have a bunch of inexperienced players who could be good League players in a few years, and then a bunch who are in their late 20s who won't be playing when the young players have matured. I'm not sure whether this is bad luck or bad planning but either way it needs addressing.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1419

Back to top Go down

Post by ccrump Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:51 am

Don'ty think the players care
After a 10 goal lose, half of them out p!ssed and partying at clubs in town. Disap pointing
ccrump
ccrump

Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:53 am

I think the suggestion that they do not care is a bit over the top  ----  players basically work two full time jobs and the only time they can relax and have a drink or dance with partners and friends is night of game

I have no issues with this
Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next