Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 7: West v Eagles at Richmond.

+6
Bottle Top
loppy19
RODH2
TAAARS
aldo russian
Lee Harradine
10 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Round 7: West v Eagles at Richmond. Empty Round 7: West v Eagles at Richmond.

Post by Lee Harradine Tue May 23, 2023 7:14 pm

Good gane to see exactly where we are.

Should get a few players back, hopefully.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2181

Back to top Go down

Round 7: West v Eagles at Richmond. Empty Re: Round 7: West v Eagles at Richmond.

Post by aldo russian Wed May 24, 2023 9:45 am

If Frost, Bramich and Delahunty are fit for Saturday that would give us some hope.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1358

Back to top Go down

Round 7: West v Eagles at Richmond. Empty Re: Round 7: West v Eagles at Richmond.

Post by Lee Harradine Wed May 24, 2023 10:51 am

More than hope on our recent form?

We have only had more scoring shots than the opposition in the South game and their form has been poor.

OTOH, there seems to be definite improvement.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed May 24, 2023 3:08 pm

Max Marslen has decided to retire from SANFL.

https://westadelaidefc.com.au/news/thank-you-max-marslen/
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Fri May 26, 2023 2:16 pm

Seeing as we've started games so poorly, losing all but 1 first quarters, but winning all but one 4th quarters, maybe the coach should give his pre-match address out on the ground so the players think it's 3/4 time.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Fri May 26, 2023 2:36 pm

Ah, but then we'd have a large quarter-time lead, but what happens then?

Do they go to the bar and presentations for the remaining three quarters?

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Fri May 26, 2023 2:37 pm

Now that sounds good to me!!
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Sat May 27, 2023 2:41 pm

What is going on down there at H.Q., is it blowing a gale or something?! Assume we are kicking to the Southern end? Round 7: West v Eagles at Richmond. 1f62f
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 366

Back to top Go down

Post by loppy19 Sat May 27, 2023 3:04 pm

We are a joke, should play all home games in the regions and save me wasting my time.
Eagles doing what they like, we jogging around and turnovers galore have resulted in about 4 goals to the eagles.
Will be leaving at HT.
loppy19
loppy19

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by loppy19 Sat May 27, 2023 3:05 pm

There is a wind but going straight across the ground
loppy19
loppy19

Back to top Go down

Post by Bottle Top Sat May 27, 2023 6:44 pm

loppy19 wrote:We are a joke, should play all home games in the regions and save me wasting my time.
Eagles doing what they like, we jogging around and turnovers galore have resulted in about 4 goals to the eagles.
Will be leaving at HT.

I left at half time.
The Club board has voluntarily reduced its spend on the footy, I will voluntarily reduce my financial spend at West Adelaide too, my second half money went to the Rex Hotel.

1 goal in a half of football...
Bottle Top
Bottle Top

Number of posts : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sat May 27, 2023 8:26 pm

A really poor performance today.
The Eagles ran rings around us.
They had so many loose players all over the ground and they shrugged our players aside with ease.
Our lack of physicality around the contest was there to see today.
Too many of our players just don’t find the footy enough.
Today we had nine players who had less than 10 disposals.
Not good enough.
On a side note, I thought the umpiring was poor and the BBQ ran out of meat at qtr time. Amateur clubs are better run than our club!

Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 797

Back to top Go down

Post by loppy19 Sun May 28, 2023 10:09 am

It seems to be a theme the last few years of West losing a lot of depth throughout the season, it was noticed in the reserves who got absolutely hammered by about 83pts and then in the league who looked largely like teenage boys against men.
We have no speed, no height, and when the effort is not there for 4 qtrs, the results are like watching a slow moving train accident.
After so many years of watching the same pattern at West ( 1 good season out of every 10), I just cant be bothered making the effort to sit out 4 qtrs of that tripe anymore. I really dont see anything good since the Board too over, just more of the same with incrementally poorer results over longer periods of time. Not sure I will be back again this season, plenty of things to do in my increasingly rare free time that would bring a lot more joy than watching rubbish like dished up yesterday and countless other times.
loppy19
loppy19

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sun May 28, 2023 11:45 am

We were disappointing yesterday, we were never in the game.

We are deficient in a number of areas.
We would have to be the SMALLEST side in the SANFL.

PLEASE RECRUITING COMMITTEE CAN YOU PLEASE SIGN
TWO VERY GOOD KEY POSITION PLAYERS ITS MUST IF WE ARE GOING TO BE COMPETITIVE.

Secondly our midfield lacks body strength we need to sign a couple of genuine big bodied inside Mids.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1024

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Sun May 28, 2023 2:01 pm

Lachlan wrote:

PLEASE RECRUITING COMMITTEE CAN YOU PLEASE SIGN
TWO VERY GOOD KEY POSITION PLAYERS ITS MUST IF WE ARE GOING TO BE COMPETITIVE.

The Board is not prepared to recruit good players, Lachlan, it's as simple as that. The last 4 years is evidence that they don't care what happens on the field. Overdue for a Members and supporters revolution!
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 366

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Mon May 29, 2023 10:11 pm

Waited a few days before posting.
This was a very disappointing performance. We were outplayed in every department.
I was going to compare us to witches’ hats but I’ve seen orange cones that were faster, more skilful and better prepared than we were on Saturday. I watched the last half of the ressies and by half time in the senior game, ie over 100 minutes of footy, we scored the grand total of 1 goal!
Like us, WWT are a club based in the western suburbs but that is where the similarity ends. Why are they so successful across the board and we struggle year in year out? Their reserves team would have beaten our seniors on Saturday.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 255

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Tue May 30, 2023 10:19 am

blackandred wrote: I watched the last half of the ressies and by half time in the senior game, ie over 100 minutes of footy, we scored the grand total of 1 goal!

When you add to that the fact that our U18s are stone motherless last and haven't won a game, it does make you wonder about the club's stated aim of developing players from within.

We have played as badly as we did on Saturday in previous games, but usually have one quarter of redeeming ourselves. We didn't have that against WWT, although the effort/intensity lifted in the 3rd quarter. I don't understand how you start a game so flat, dispirited, sluggish, unmotivated and clumsy. Our inability to kick the ball 20 metres to a teammate is mind boggling.
Frost and Johnson were about it for best players for me. Not sure why Redfern got given 3rd best.
Also can't work out why Mulady played on the best small forward in the comp, Rowe. He gave it his best, and maybe it is part of his 'development', but it didn't help our cause. And why didn't Ellem again start at CHB where he finally found some form the previous week? Minchella showed some glimpses of real talent, but he doesn't have the agility to play as a tall defender and it's not fair on him. I think up forward and some ruck work would be more his go.
Unless our intensity and skill level pick up this week we'll get another belting.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by loppy19 Tue May 30, 2023 11:58 am

Sturt at unley, belting incoming for sure.
Some interesting comments from Boyles father on the Facebook page, kinda sums up why we have no depth.
loppy19
loppy19

Back to top Go down

Post by Bottle Top Tue May 30, 2023 12:48 pm

Jordon Boyles time at Wests

2020: averaged 22 disposals at 88% efficiency
2021: averaged 23 disposals at 92% efficiency
2022: averaged 20 disposals at 94% efficiency
2023: 1 league game: 19 disposals at 79%
        3 reserve games: averaged 27 disposals at 99%

seems to be one of the more clean ball users in a perennial wooden spoon team.
its hard to begrudge him leaving
Bottle Top
Bottle Top

Number of posts : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Tue May 30, 2023 3:10 pm

Bottle Top wrote:Jordon Boyles time at Wests

2020: averaged 22 disposals at 88% efficiency
2021: averaged 23 disposals at 92% efficiency
2022: averaged 20 disposals at 94% efficiency
2023: 1 league game: 19 disposals at 79%
        3 reserve games: averaged 27 disposals at 99%

seems to be one of the more clean ball users in a perennial wooden spoon team.
its hard to begrudge him leaving

Unless there were other issues, you would think that those stats would be good enough to gain selection in the league team. (nothing evident that I could see)

As a matter of interest, Hugh Haysman played for SPOC on the weekend (Season Permit) rather than Crows Reserves.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Tue May 30, 2023 7:12 pm

You know the club is a shambles when one of your players who was selected as part of the leadership group this year walks out of the club after a month in to the season.

Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 797

Back to top Go down

Post by loppy19 Wed May 31, 2023 11:40 am

Hey Wolfpack, stronger together sounds great but looks like it’s not occurring!
Forgot Boyle was in the leadership group, seems like it was swept under the carpet at the time but now you have pointed it out, really worrying to see a leader leave 4 games in. As for our captain, anyone know if he is expected to play this year? No timeline it appears but I guess it’s only the captain so no need for anyone to know.
loppy19
loppy19

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Wed May 31, 2023 2:06 pm

The coach's report is pretty similar to some of the comments on this thread - not enough effort and poor skills. Refreshingly blunt and direct assessment by our senior coach.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down