Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West v South at Richmond.

+5
Lachlan
Inside Mid
blood bath
aldo russian
Lee Harradine
9 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

West v South at Richmond. Empty West v South at Richmond.

Post by Lee Harradine Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:18 am

Two reasonable efforts so far.

Home game against a firm opponent.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2184

Back to top Go down

West v South at Richmond. Empty Re: West v South at Richmond.

Post by aldo russian Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:58 am

Hopefully we pick a ruckman to play in the ruck this week, rather than the two forwards we used last week who aren't ruckmen. Maybe the one we "targeted" in our recruiting.
I'd hope there were at least 4 changes this week.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1364

Back to top Go down

Post by blood bath Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:41 pm

WEST

League

F: Gore, Beech, Johnson

HF: Kennedy, N. Stevens, Redfern

C: Mulady, Maguire, Meline

HB: Park, Patterson, Morrish

B: Sherlock, J. Ryan, Frost

R: Corbett, J. Stevens, Mattingly

INT: Delahunty, Laudato, K. Ryan, May, Bramich, Chamberlain, Boyle

IN: N. Stevens, Meline

OUT: Ellem, Glanvill

Above is copied from SANFL website, however only shows 2 in and 2 outs yet an extended bench is listed. Not sure what’s going on???
blood bath
blood bath

Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by Inside Mid Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:49 pm

Looking forward to the changes. Love the inclusions of N.Stevens will bring something different to the team especially tapping it down the throat of his brother joel. I reckon we can push south this week!

Go Bloods
Inside Mid
Inside Mid

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:27 am

Welcome to the Forum, IM.

Agree about Stevens, but thought Glanville was a bit unlucky ti be omitted.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:34 am

Bramich, Boyle and Chamberlain all named in the ressies.
It would seem yet again we are going into the game without a genuine Ruckman which is very strange. I thought Bramich was very good against Glenelg in the ressies.

I agree I thought Glanville was unlucky to be dropped he was quiet against the Crows, but very good against North.

Can’t see us kicking a winning score again given the forward line set up.
Ned Stevens is a 19 year old who’s going to play as a key Forward- back up Ruckman role. You’re asking a lot of the kid,Marslen should have also been promoted.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1026

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:12 pm

OK, I’m not privy to any inside info but selections continue to confound me. It seems that the policy regarding ruckmen is, when we are up against a tall, experienced opponent (eg Strachan, Brooksby) we concede at the selection table on Thursday night and hope we can feed off their taps. That proved to be a disaster against the Crows when they dominated hit outs 51 to 12! In the meantime, Marslen, who was good against North and Bramich who impressed in the trials are running around in the Ressies.

Another area where we have been deficient is our tackling and pressure. So we drop the guy who has the most tackles – Glanville while there are probably half a dozen players who are lucky to still be in the senior team.

We’ll know by Sunday night if all this has worked.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 257

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:27 pm

Agree B&R, selection is bordering on ridiculous. Glanvill was one of our best players in round one (his first game) with 26 disposals, 7 marks and the most tackles. Then he didn't get a start in the centre square in round 2, and never got into the game from thereon. How that warrants being dropped is beyond me, especially given the form of Laudato, Redfern, Mattingly, Johnson and Mulady. He's an inside mid and in the selected side his spot has been taken by an outside mid.
As for ruck, if Bramich isn't a better ruckman than Corbett or Ellen, why did we 'target' him as a recruit?
And how does Boyle not get straight back in ahead of some of those named above? Confounding.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Bottle Top Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:08 am

i have gone against all common sense and placed a bet for  West Adelaide to win by 1 - 39, at odds of $4.
Go Bloods!   West v South at Richmond. 1f4b0
Bottle Top
Bottle Top

Number of posts : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:38 pm

Great first half agai St an over-confident and lethargic South.

Looking good.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:45 pm

96 - 74 huge

well done coaches and players

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1046
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:13 pm

Sorry to my friends who support the Crows or Power
BUT PRIORITIES
WESTIES WON

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:26 pm

Bottle Top wrote:i have gone against all common sense and placed a bet for  West Adelaide to win by 1 - 39, at odds of $4.
Go Bloods!   West v South at Richmond. 1f4b0

the only poster on here that knows anything about footballers lol

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:14 pm

First game I've attended this year and how good.

South kicked the first 3 quickly and thought it would be easy, but we outscored them comfortably from there.

We were lively, plenty of pressure and played a good style, both offensively and defensively.

Hardly a passenger, although one or two remain out of form.  I thought Park was best, but Redfern was named best at the club.  Sherlock was again excellent, Kobe Ryan a very good second half, Josh Ryan solid and Beechy kicked goals when it mattered.

Lots of good players and a great day.

Oh, and Ned Stevens was very good in ruck and around the ground.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:01 pm

Great win today,the 2nd qrt is the best footy we have played in 7 years.
What impressed me the most was the way we used the ball by foot and our decision making.
Redfern and Laudato kicked 5 goals between them, amazing.

Park best on ground by some margin. I thought Maguire played his best game for the club. Morrish continued his good form. Sherlock also played well and Ned Stevens did a few useful things.

Well done to Harts his first win as senior coach.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1026

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:45 pm

Pretty much agree with the posts above, it's a very long time since we've dominated a quarter like we did in that 2nd term. I thought we gave them very little time to dispose of the footy and then quite regularly found players in space in our forward 50, which hasn't been happening much of late.
A very even contribution by all but a couple. Mattingly's best game for the club - wouldn't have picked him to work as an on baller but he did - and Kennedy's best game too I think. We're getting some really good contributions and big efforts from young players like Ryan, Sherlock and Patterson and Ned Stevens was really effective in his first game, often out-jumping Brooksby rather than go body on body, and looking very assured around the ground.
Bit of a concern that some players were cramping in the last quarter, even though it was warm, and I'm still not sure we're picking our best side but let's hope we've got the maturity to back up with the same intensity this week.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:32 am

Coach's Report and how nice to see Adam get reward for all the hard work.

Well done boys.

As for next week, Port aren't travelling well and have been hard hit with more injuries, so looking forward to venturing to Loxton on the bus.

Coach's Report

Sunday was reward for months and months of hard work put in by our playing group, our coaching staff and all our support staff & volunteers. Walking off the ground to the ‘Westies’ chants from our loyal supporters is a big reason we involve ourselves in team sports, it was a great moment.

We had a couple of focus areas leading into the game that aligned heavily to our Creed; Team First – Relentless – Courage. I thought we displayed each of these values for much of the game. Our players played their roles, our defence was relentless and our players stood up and ‘played the game’ when challenged, that’s courageous.

I felt we were slow to start the game; lacked intensity, couldn’t get our hands on the ball and South looked sharp. Once we got ourselves into the game we were able to play more front-half football and impact scoreboard.

The second quarter was as exciting quarter of footy I’ve seen this group put together. Tough, relentless, fast, skillful play which lead to a 7-goal quarter.

Our focus for the remainder of the game was to continue hitting our KPI’s knowing there would be a response coming from South Adelaide. We played good footy in the third quarter but was unable to impact the scoreboard. The boys got it together again in the final quarter as we ran out 22-point victors.

As a Coach, the most pleasing thing about the game was that it was a great team performance.

We now shift our focus to a very important game this weekend against Port Adelaide in Loxton to honor the great Russell Ebert.

Best: L.Redfern, L.Delahunty, K.Sherlock

Goals: J.Beech (4), L.Redfern (3), L.Delahunty, M.Laudato (2), J.Gore, I.Johnson, L.Meline (1)

Adam Hartlett – League Coach
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:34 pm

Have to agree it was a good team perfomance. These kids are also good to watch playing the fast attacking game they do. Hand skills and general kicking to advantage is much better than past years. If we can keep this group together for a few years I think they will do very well as they get more experiance at this level and build bigger bodies. We still could do with 3 or 4 key recruits to give a target as poor old Beechy can't be expected to do it all at 32 years of age.
Overall though we have hope now. Well done to all.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:10 pm

Good thing I’m not a selector. The kids might have struggled in the first 2 games but they rewarded the selector’s faith in them on Sunday. Well done them for perservering. The team management did a wonderful job in preparing the group for this match. Congratulations all round. It was a pleasure to clap them off the ground and to witness the looks on their faces.
The kids are alright
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 257

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:01 pm

I think we should call them the Baby Bloods !
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down