Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West Adelaide Football Club 2015 SANFL Premiers!

+30
testy
TAAARS
mailman
wouldhe
Wolf Pack
lachyryan
Jason Porplyzia
scorpion
aldo russian
Mark Beswick
loppy19
RODH2
whispy
bundy
Bloodntars
MR BLOODHOUND
the tractor
LukeO9
Wolfman Jack
Jamo
Mypaspective
beaglex
captainblood
Lachlan
Thiele
firstblood
Oldfella
Lee Harradine
dl550
34 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

West Adelaide Football Club 2015 SANFL Premiers! - Page 5 Empty Re: West Adelaide Football Club 2015 SANFL Premiers!

Post by Mypaspective Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:38 pm

Aldo we can organise a one week premiership reunion on Sunday if u can guarantee u will attend.

Two trips in a week that's a big call.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 372

Back to top Go down

West Adelaide Football Club 2015 SANFL Premiers! - Page 5 Empty Re: West Adelaide Football Club 2015 SANFL Premiers!

Post by Lachlan Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:44 pm

Never in the history of the SANFL has a side come from
ninth to win a PREMIERSHIP the next year.
These 21 players plus Anderson and Homburg are history makers
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1057

Back to top Go down

Post by Onya Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:49 pm

LachlanAnnie Ryan, Bundy and others
I am the bloke as you call me in the photo.
I sincerely apologise to you if I feel I should not have been in that photo.
I did not photobomb it I simply was there at the time and was extremely excited.
I am the football manager at the club. I'm the bloke as you call me the players call when they are locked out of their house, I'm the bloke the players call when they are in trouble, yes sometimes with the police or in relationships. Im the bloke who spends half the night sometimes,to the detriment of my family, making sure they are ok. I'm the bloke who helps them with their resumes when applying for a job or even does mock interviews with. I'm the bloke who tells AFL clubs how good they are and why they should be drafted. I am the bloke who helps them relocate from either the country or interstate. I'm the bloke who has the players often over for tea. You see it's more than a job for me it's my life I care for these players, I hug these players, I cry with these players these players are my boys. Sometimes the players actually see me as their Dad. I also play a role in contracting them and supporting them.
You can say I shouldn't be there say it all you like. But I can tell you I work absolutely incredible hours to be the bloke that tries to keep everyone, particularly the players happy at the West Adelaide Football club.
If I have upset you or offended you I am sorry.
I was simply a very excited and very proud football manager.
Onya
Onya

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:54 pm

ONYA

I have never made any comment on this forum about you being in that photo
I'm a proud supporter and silver member of the great West Adelaide Football Club
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onya Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:04 pm

I know you haven't Lachlan
Sorry mate I'm referring to the new poster lachlanryan
You're a champ
Onya
Onya

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:08 pm

ONYA

Sorry mate no probs.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:40 pm

Onya wrote:LachlanAnnie Ryan, Bundy and others
I did not photobomb it I simply was there at the time and was extremely excited.
I am the football manager at the club. I'm the bloke as you call me the players call when they are locked out of their house, I'm the bloke the players call when they are in trouble, yes sometimes with the police or in relationships. Im the bloke who spends half the night sometimes,to the detriment of my family, making sure they are ok. I'm the bloke who helps them with their resumes when applying for a job or even does mock interviews with. I'm the bloke who tells AFL clubs how good they are and why they should be drafted. I am the bloke who helps them relocate from either the country or interstate. I'm the bloke who has the players often over for tea. You see it's more than a job for me it's my life I care for these players, I hug these players, I cry with these players these players are my boys. Sometimes the players actually see me as their Dad. I also play a role in contracting them and supporting them.
You can say I shouldn't be there say it all you like. But I can tell you I work absolutely incredible hours to be the bloke that tries to keep everyone, particularly the players happy at the West Adelaide Football club.

Onya  this took guts and heart  well done

I had no problems with you or anyone with the players as they are not backwards in pissing off unwanted intruders

Problem  now that you are a preiership football manager other will come head hunting you  club should double your pay to 50k a year☺☺
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1065
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamo Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:55 am

We love you marksy. We all know(most of us) how much effort above and above you put in.

People likè you and alot of anothers in the shadows is what makes westies so great. Westies is not just a club to me, its family where ev r yone is allways made well welcome and has personaly been a driving force in saving my life.

Live it up and enjoy you deserve Smile little bit of a reward for your hard work Smile. I know ot has been the best week of my life and hopefully its one of yours to.

ALL the haters can go get knicked and stop COMMENTING on prople before they know there facts. With out people like marksy, noel,lee,john,Emily,Mr Barton,Flags, Tony G,steve,Nick, Troy, Rubbers, Mark beech,craig lewis, Kristen and many other behind the scenes who go with out getting credit for all there hard work and time away from there family's for our great club, we would not have a club. So hates off to everyone who puts there hand up and keeps our club great place to be. I have respect for the west adelaide family and so should alot of other people to.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
RED BLACK 2015.
Jamo
Jamo

Number of posts : 189
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager Timber Wholesale

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:39 am

Hi Marksey . I don't have a problem with you i know you do a great job at Club.But when it comes to G/F maybe it's just me but i strongly believe it's coaches and players only.My attack on you got a lot personal but i am just like that when i get a bee under my bonnet.SORRY i should not have got so personal and a BIG SORRY to PORPS as well.
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 461
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:33 am

To finally put this to rest, I can say that I've only checked who was in one other premiership photo and it was the Eagles' 2006 win.

It included the Team Manager, an Assistant Coach and one other official.

I can also say the Club and the players are totally happy with the photo.

I'm not just happy with the photo, I'm over the moon that (as Aldo Russian said) we actually HAVE a Premiership photo for 2015.

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2225

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:45 am

You are legend ONYA

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 695

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:55 pm

I think one of the great things about our win was the way we played the game.

It was risky football at times, but it was exciting to watch and very attacking. Mark was asked about this at the brewery and pointed out that it was also dependent on our defence and that the Eagles had only 13 scoring shots.

In a wonderful turn of events, at the same time we were celebrating our win, Andrew Collins was winning a VFL premiership with Williamstown, with them kicking 18 goals.

Foundations are important and we had a great foundation.

Our coaches this year have been superb. The amount of planning that goes into each game is amazing and the ability of the players to understand the game plan and put it into effect was sensational.

We'll be forever grateful to Mark Mickan and his team.

Mark is a true West Adelaide legend.

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Richmond Rocker Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:48 am

I didn't notice Onya was in the photo all I saw was the clubs premiership photo and the guys that won it for us.
What a F@@%ing great day
Richmond Rocker

Number of posts : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:18 pm

Now to dispose of Hawthorn in the Champions of Australia game. Have our guys stopped drinking yet?
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1417

Back to top Go down

Post by Richmond Rocker Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:03 am

As a Hawks and Westies Supporter my liver is taking a hiding.
Missed the 61 double.....Enjoyed the 83 Double and now 2015.
Westies for Back to Back and Hawks for 4 in row.
Go the Bloods
Richmond Rocker

Number of posts : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:00 pm

Lachlan wrote:The West Adelaide Football Club Premiers in 2015
It's is truly amazing. To come from ninth is what
Fairy Tales are made of.

I have been supporting Westies for 55 years and 2015 will
Never be forgotten. This is the sweetest Premiership ever

The last 20 months of my life has been horrendous.
I won't bore you with the details
To go to the footy yesterday with my disabled son and witness
That victory will live for me forever

The BLOODS were on a RAMPAGE yesterday and from the first bounce they came to play.

To Mark Mickan,The Players and all involved in the West Adelaide FC
congrats  on an amazing victory and being Premiers in 2015

Couldn't agree more Lachlan. I remember way back in February when I attended the AGM i not only doubted that I might not see another Westies' premiership win, but also wondered if the club could survive financially. I listened patiently to the strategies suggested, all of which sounded like bandaid measures. I listened to Mark's reassurances that everything was being done to build a team which could win a grand final. He mentioned the recruiting that had been done and the great preseason that the team had put in. I'm normally fairly optimistic, but I'd seen the December trial match at Thebarton and saw little to get excited about. When the season started, I was hopeful, but not optimistic. After all it was essentially the same team with a few additions. How could a team that finished ninth the previous year improve enough to win a flag. That's what makes the achievement all that much more remarkable. No first round draft picks to compensate for the previous year's mediocrity. No funds to poach stars from other clubs and competitions. Where did the improvement come from? Obviously the entire football department need to take the credit. Our junior program has produced outstanding players over a number of years. Also, players who have played at league level for some time suddenly improved. Our fitness level improved significantly and our teamwork was second to none. The 'All for one and one for all' philosophy certainly applied in 2015.
Many supporters/posters have commented on the good numbers that got to the ground and back to the club. Further success will help to maintain this, but we need to build on this, particularly with younger supporters. I took my son to training, player presentations in the Mall, the game and for a short time to the after party. He thoroughly enjoyed himself. He isn't really a big footy fan, but he got caught up in my excitement. What really added to the experience was the way in which the players interacted with him. All players signed his budget in the mall, Taite recognised him from Aberfoyle Hub PS and chatted to him at training while Fielks hung his premiership medallion around Sean's neck and posed for photos. Several players gave him a hug. The result, Sean is now a bronze member of the WAFC. Sean applied for a day's annual leave from work to attend the raising of the colours. He now wears his 2015 Premiership cap and t-shirt to Minda where he works in the laundry.
Although I was only hopeful at the start of the season, by our first finals win against Port I was quietly confident we could go all the way. It was as though the team decided that this was going to be the year and nothing was going to stop them. 'The BLOODS were on a RAMPAGE.' (Lachlan) The advantage that we had over other teams in total possessions throughout the finals was evidence of this.
This is a very special win and will live with me forever. What makes it more enjoyable is that my family got involved. The passion proved contagious. Normally, Dad just disappears for a few hours on the weekend and no one is too bothered, but this was different. My wife (attending her 2nd footy match in 35 years of marriage) took her Ipad so she wouldn't become bored, but was soon bagging the umpires and getting into it. (bless her competitive cotton socks) My grandaughter painted her nails red and black. My daughter wanted to know who no 7 was 'cos he was 'mmmmm', while the rest were happy to wear the assorted scarves and caps I supplied. The entire day will be stored in living memory.
It was unfortunate that some players had to be left out, but their turn will come. I particularly felt for Ando and Homburg. The only other disappointment was that my grandaughter's Ipad was stolen/lost at the ground. It wasn't handed in to Adelaide Oval staff.
PS
Lachlan, I had intended to respond to your post earlier, but have just been released from hospital after my blood pressure went through the roof, (or should I say Bloods pressure - 220/107) no doubt a combination of over excitement and too much hydration.
Long Live The Mighty Bloods!!!!!!!!!
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:12 pm

Bruce, Stories like your and Lachlan's are terrific.
I know my father was wrapped. My pa and uncle who took me as a kid to every game from 1983-1993 - They were so proud and also donned the colours for the first time since they lost interest with the AFL teams coming into fruition. So many similar stories by so many old Bloods faces.

I can imagine Jean Luke, Michael Newham, Steve Rabbett and many others looking down with huge smiles.
Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:52 pm

Bruce Cameron.

Thankyou so much for your post. It was a great read that's for sure.
I do hope your health is ok.
I have been going with my son to the footy for a number of years now.
My son struggles to follow the game when we are there due to his disability he does no Westies won the SANFL Grand Final and heknows I Support the bloods.
In years gone by the club has struggled the following year after they have won a GF. I really hope the club as a whole makes sure they leave no stone unturned to ensure we are around the mark next year.

BRUCE
Once again thankyou for your post.

THE BLOODS were on RAMPAGE on Grand Final day 2015
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

West Adelaide Football Club 2015 SANFL Premiers! - Page 5 Empty Thanks Mark and Lachlan

Post by bruce cameron Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:13 pm

[quote="Mark Beswick"]Bruce,  Stories like your and Lachlan's are terrific.
Thanks Mark and Lachlan for your replies. I remember a competition the club ran in 2013 to celebrate the 30yr reunion. Supporters were asked to write down their memories of the 1983 season. It was amazing just how much I could remember and not just about the football. I've still got my numbered GF ticket from that special day.(SZ No 32) Hopefully, I'll be able to remember this one as vividly at the 2045 - 30 yr reunion, although at 92 years of age I'm probably being a little too optimistic. (then not now)
Thanks again for the posts. Hopefully, I'll see you around the club some time for a chat.
Cheers.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:41 pm

I would also like to thank you for your wonderful post, Bruce.

It resonates with all of us
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:56 pm

Absolutely
Look forward to Catching up soon
Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:46 pm

What's apparent from all these great stories is how premierships bind clubs and people together. It's amazing that our club has stayed as strong as it has given our lack of success.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:34 pm

Wondered if u were coming to the B&F Aldo???

We didn't get much of a chance to have a chat after the game in the chaos etc.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 372

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:02 am

Sadly not MP, because I remember the one after the 83 flag and it had a completely different and more celebratory feel about it. Should be a cracker of a night.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by dl550 Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:17 pm

Just watching the match back again.

How good was the part about 10 minutes through the third quarter when the Eagles were back in it, only 7 points the difference and Eagles were peppering the goals, we were withstanding a barrage, and had a chance to break and spread. Willits takes too long and gets smothered, Tucky picks up the crumbs clean as a whistle, breaks a tackle, puts the afterburners on, sights up Haysman who sells some candy, and boots it to Greeny who takes a mark 25 out.

Unbelievable.

I would have to say, in all my years watching the Bloods, i don't think i've ever seen a more complete performance from a Bloods team than in this years GF.

I don't think the Eagles were that bad on the day, we were just hungrier, harder, cleaner and wanted it more. That's real football.

We seem to have developed a winning culture, which is an amazing turnaround in 12 months. Let's hope it inspires some of the u/18, reserve and fringe players to want to work harder and improve and step up.
dl550
dl550

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next