Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West Adelaide Football Club Board

5 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

West Adelaide Football Club Board Empty West Adelaide Football Club Board

Post by Jamo Fri May 16, 2014 5:18 pm

It is a joke to be just informed by a person high in the police force that the club requested to take no action to the person we all know took the cash!

This person should be named and shamed!

Why us West Adelaide supporters, support a club who does not stand up for it self and shame who is involved.

It's not like it's the first time the club has had money stolen!
Jamo
Jamo

Number of posts : 189
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager Timber Wholesale

Back to top Go down

West Adelaide Football Club Board Empty Re: West Adelaide Football Club Board

Post by JCL Sat May 17, 2014 4:22 pm

Agreed! Charges should be pressed and I can't respect those who have influence in this Club if no action is taken.
JCL
JCL

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Richmond Rocker Sun May 18, 2014 8:55 am

An agreement was reached that the money would be repaid.
This has happened
If charges were laid then the accused would have to defend the charges in a costly battle in court.
End result would have meant a "possible" conviction but after court costs and lawyers fees an inability to repay the amount outstanding.
The result would have meant the club would not receive the "lost" money as there would have been no legal obligation for family members to assist in the repayment nor would they do so if a conviction was sought.
In a perfect result the club would have received repayment and a conviction posted against the "alleged" defendant. The main concern was to receive the money as the club can not afford this loss.
The board, in my opinion, has acted appropriately for the members of the WAFC and put the clubs financial situation before the desire to see criminal prosecution. If we were a more affluent club the decision could have been viewed in a different manner.
Richmond Rocker

Number of posts : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Sun May 18, 2014 9:04 am

Richmond Rocker wrote:An agreement was reached that the money would be repaid.
This has happened
If charges were laid then the accused would have to defend the charges in a costly battle in court.
End result would have meant a "possible" conviction but after court costs and lawyers fees an inability to repay the amount outstanding.
The result would have meant the club would not receive the "lost" money as there would have been no legal obligation for family members to assist in the repayment nor would they do so if a conviction was sought.
In a perfect result the club would have received repayment and a conviction posted against the "alleged" defendant. The main concern was to receive the money as the club can not afford this loss.
The board, in my opinion, has acted appropriately for the members of the WAFC and put the clubs financial situation before the desire to see criminal prosecution. If we were a more affluent club the decision could have been viewed in a different manner.

I Would have liked charges to be laid,but i agree 100% with R/R
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 460
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by Richmond Rocker Sun May 18, 2014 9:25 am

Me too Bundy however this was the best result.
As a sometime volunteer for the club it irked me that I could be working for free for the club while a paid employee could siphon off cash from our club.
Everyone knows who the person is and I'm sure he will never hang out the back of the Grandstand on a night game.
But we move on....
Richmond Rocker

Number of posts : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Coorong Sun May 18, 2014 9:37 am

Richmond Rocker wrote:Me too Bundy however this was the best result.
As a sometime volunteer for the club it irked me that I could be working for free for the club while a paid employee could siphon off cash from our club.
Everyone knows who the person is and I'm sure he will never hang out the back of the Grandstand on a night game.
But we move on....

As a life long Bloods supporter I agree with you. Would have liked to name and shame, but the best result for the Club.

Coorong
Coorong

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down