Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 9: West v Glenelg at Glenelg.

+14
mikeme
TAAARS
Bottle Top
redblack32
Oldfella
Lachlan
bundy
bruce cameron
bloodzfan
aldo russian
blacky
MR BLOODHOUND
Wolf Pack
Lee Harradine
18 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Round 9: West v Glenelg at Glenelg. Empty Round 9: West v Glenelg at Glenelg.

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:33 pm

Likely Ryan back, Gay should be promoted at last surely.

Corbett for Marslen?
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Round 9: West v Glenelg at Glenelg. Empty Re: Round 9: West v Glenelg at Glenelg.

Post by Wolf Pack Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:27 pm

I think Kennedy should come in for Carmichael.
Lemmey for Marslen.
Ryan for Rundle.
I think we need to see Gay, Rubcock, Corbett and Mattingly in the back of the year.
Going to be a wet game against the Bays. That will work in our favour. We might not get belted!!
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 814

Back to top Go down

Round 9: West v Glenelg at Glenelg. Empty Re: Round 9: West v Glenelg at Glenelg.

Post by MR BLOODHOUND Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:54 pm

Given the way our selectors work the Farlie's will be in , not any new young players as it should be .
MR BLOODHOUND
MR BLOODHOUND

Number of posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:06 pm

I'm hearing to much interference in the football department
A problem we have had for years
blacky

Number of posts : 252

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:45 pm

blacky wrote:I'm hearing to much interference in the football department

I'd argue not enough.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1393

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodzfan Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:04 pm

It’s probably gotten to that point where we may as-well swap the forwards and the backs and see how we go.
bloodzfan
bloodzfan

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:00 pm

What about the centre line?
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:17 am

MR BLOODHOUND wrote:Given the way our selectors work the Farlie's will be in , not any new young players as it should be .

You are spot on. This club brings the same players in and out every week.
Why do we do this?
Let’s look at some new guys.

We are staring at loss number 22 in a row so what we are doing isn’t working……

Now that  Carmichael has gone, bring in Cade Kennedy. He deserves a shot. He has been good in the reserves and is a really strong tackler.

We need to change the forward line. Gore is the only player who has kicked more than 10 goals so far.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:08 am

And what about Ellem in defence? He hasn't developed as a forward. They try him in defence in the Reserves 2 weeks ago, he has 27 kicks and 12 marks, they bring him up, Josh Ryan drops out, and they still don't try him in defence. Find the logic in that.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:52 am

aldo russian wrote:
blacky wrote:I'm hearing to much interference in the football department

I'd argue not enough.
wrong type of interference is what im saying
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:48 am

Fair enough blacky.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:18 pm

aldo russian wrote:And what about Ellem in defence? He hasn't developed as a forward. They try him in defence in the Reserves 2 weeks ago, he has 27 kicks and 12 marks, they bring him up, Josh Ryan drops out, and they still don't try him in defence. Find the logic in that.

I thought the same thing. Despite being able to kick the odd goal, Ellem is not a permanent forward, nor is he a ruckman. Hamish just doesn't have a forward's instincts. He has all the attributes of an intercept defender. He is fit, has some run in his legs and can kick. I think it might have been you, who suggested this weeks ago, Aldo. The game in the reserves demonstrated that Hamish could play a valuable role in defence, yet as you point out there appears to be a lack of logic to the selection process. I'm positive that Ellem would be far more value to the team as a defender.
Given that we struggle to kick more than 7-8 goals most weeks, you would think that we should be experimenting with our setup. Why not give Brand a stint as a forward. He has, probably, the safest pair of hands in the team. Once we are behind on the scoreboard, we are not going to catch up by defending. What have we got to lose? If we cough up more goals, so what. After losing 21 games in a row, I don't think percentage is an issue.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:05 pm

I think it was lachlan who suggested Ellem in defence first bruce. But yes, Brand up forward is a very good idea, especially if Ryan is back in the side, and you can play Keough back. The unwillingness to try things given our formline is staggering.

On the issue of interference - I don't know what blacky is alluding to, but I wonder if there's a problem with a coach who doesn't see himself in the job next year not having any incentive to develop young players for the future.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:25 pm

aldo russian wrote:I think it was lachlan who suggested Ellem in defence first bruce. But yes, Brand up forward is a very good idea, especially if Ryan is back in the side, and you can play Keough back. The unwillingness to try things given our formline is staggering.

On the issue of interference - I don't know what blacky is alluding to, but I wonder if there's a problem with a coach who doesn't see himself in the job next year not having any incentive to develop young players for the future.
I don't know but maybe it's people around him.?????????
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 460
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:41 pm

Aldo,

I said the same thing about Ellam after the South game. It’s ridiculous bringing back him into the side to play him forward after a very good game in defence in the ressies.
I would drop Delahunty this week and play Ellam as the third tall defender.

I agree with other posters the Fairlie’s will be promoted yet again, why I have no idea.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1038

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:33 pm

Round 9 sees us take on Glenelg at ACH Group Stadium this Saturday. Our inspirational captain Tom Keough will play his 150th league game which will no doubt motivate the squad to put four quarters together to pull out a win at the Bay. We lose Josh Carmichael (drafted to Collingwood in AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft) but wish him all the best and thank him for his amazing contribution at West Adelaide.

A few changes have been made, Mitch Maguire returns from injury to line up in the forward pocket. Tom Rundle (late inclusion last week for Josh Ryan who is out with no timetable due to concussion) lines up at Fullback, Lachlan Squire will start in the middle, Pat Fairlie and Connor Fairlie return to provide strong leadership while Jye Sinderberry has been rewarded after some strong games in the reserves.

Logan Hill is out with a quad strain.

Just a reminder, because the match is broadcasted start times will be earlier than normal.

Reserves @ 10:20am

League @ 1:05pm

See you there!

In: – Connor Fairlie, Pat Fairlie, Lyndon Hupfeld, Kenny Karpany, Mitch Maguire, Jye Sinderberry & Nick Steele

Out: – Josh Carmichael (AFL), Logan Hill (Quad), Michael Laudato & Max Marslen

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1057
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:44 pm

Well…….
Another underwhelming week at the selection table.
All you can do is laugh!!!!
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:25 pm

Selection, Same s..t Different day.

The 2 Fairlie’s will play as will Karpanny.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1038

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:35 pm

Here we are facing 22 consecutive losses and we get 4 or 5 players recycled for the umpteenth time.

Meanwhile, the chance to set something up for the future by playing Gay, Corbett, Kennedy etc is again ignored.

It's hard to see any plan apart from expecting a different result by doing the same thing over and over again.

Musical chairs, just frustrating.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:39 pm

Agree Lee, what an appalling effort by the coach and selectors, bringing in 5 players who have been found wanting time and again over the years. This is a waste of our time and of several players' time, and as a club I'm not sure how much time we have to waste.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:39 pm

Whoever picks these crap sides week after week are a joke. Commonsense has let the building along with ability to pick a winning or competitive side. Can we get the names of those who have any say at all with selections.
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 460
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:47 pm

Oldfella wrote: Our inspirational captain Tom Keough will play his 150th league game which will no doubt motivate the squad to put four quarters together to pull out a win at the Bay.

It would be nice, but we couldn't put 4 quarters together for Johno's 200th. In fact, I can't remember the last time we did put 4 quarters together. (probably the Norwood game last year)

PS
McBean, Durdin and Turner all not playing. An undermanned Glenelg. Any chance? South were also undermanned and we failed miserably, so maybe not.

Last edited by bruce cameron on Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:50 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:Here we are facing 22 consecutive losses and we get  4 or 5 players recycled for the umpteenth time.

Bit harsh, Lee. Remember, we're chipping away. Round 9: West v Glenelg at Glenelg. 1f602
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:32 pm

Have a look at the other team selections this week.
Glenelg, Sturt, Norwood. North and the Eagles have all picked possible debutants to play.
Our club, which is last and winless decide not to bring in any debutants.
Instead we play the same group of players which have produced 3 wooden spoons and probably a 4th this year.
What an absolute farce!!

Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:34 pm

bundy wrote:
aldo russian wrote:I think it was lachlan who suggested Ellem in defence first bruce. But yes, Brand up forward is a very good idea, especially if Ryan is back in the side, and you can play Keough back. The unwillingness to try things given our formline is staggering.

I don't know but maybe it's people around him.?????????

Your on the mark Bundy
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next