blacky
MR BLOODHOUND
Wolf Pack
Lee Harradine
18 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Round 9: West v Glenelg at Glenelg. - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 9: West v Glenelg at Glenelg.

Post by redblack32 Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:48 pm

I ran into a past player tonight
He was putting his footy tips in at the club.

As always he was happy to chat when I approached him.
I asked him about his thoughts about the club at the moment

He sat on the fence to be honest.
As much as I whinged about our predicament, he pointed towards the fact the club was in a similar situation when he was coming through and how the club had success after that and how he held hope.

He did say, that he contacted the club regarding some players he was playing with last year locally, which he thought “had what it would take” to become league footballers and getting them out to the preseason.

Only to be told by the club, “thanks, but we are happy with what’s coming through, so we not just letting any one come out and train and concentrating on what we have”

Like he said, what the hell would it hurt for them to give these fellas a shot before Christmas and see what they had. Especially considering how last year went.

Hearing this from a past player who is an actual life member, makes me really wonder where the hell this club is going.

Then add in the fact, the usual changes of fairlie’s in and Hupfeld also.

When will the losing streak finish. I’m losing hope in the club
redblack32
redblack32

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Round 9: West v Glenelg at Glenelg. - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 9: West v Glenelg at Glenelg.

Post by redblack32 Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:00 pm

To add to my post above

I asked what position etc were the players he recommended to the club.

A 19-20 yr old CHF who he said he couldn’t believe the talent, reminded him of a young Mason Middleton

Another forward, 20-21 who could take a good grab and given an opportunity could be quite a damaging 2-3rd forward

And then another 2 brothers who could play key positions either
Forward or back

redblack32
redblack32

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:40 pm

redblack32 wrote:I ran into a past player tonight
He was putting his footy tips in at the club.

As always he was happy to chat when I approached him.
I asked him about his thoughts about the club at the moment

He sat on the fence to be honest.
As much as I whinged about our predicament, he pointed towards the fact the club was in a similar situation when he was coming through and how the club had success after that and how he held hope.

He did say, that he contacted the club regarding some players he was playing with last year locally, which he thought “had what it would take” to become league footballers and getting them out to the preseason.

Only to be told by the club, “thanks, but we are happy with what’s coming through, so we not just letting any one come out and train and concentrating on what we have”

Like he said, what the hell would it hurt for them to give these fellas a shot before Christmas and see what they had. Especially considering how last year went.

Hearing this from a past player who is an actual life member, makes me really wonder where the hell this club is going.

Then add in the fact, the usual changes of fairlie’s in and Hupfeld also.

When will the losing streak finish. I’m losing hope in the club

Not surprised.

Like your past player, each time I've offered help, they haven't been interested.  The last time I was told they weren't interested in the past.

You say the past player was a Life Member.  I am also, but the new hierarchy aren't interested in what Life Members have to offer.

So we get 850 to a game and the bar is empty where once it was lined with regulars.

Sad times.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Bottle Top Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:05 am

Jeez, I wonder why no one wants to play for  West Adelaide.

new players we manage to recruit languish in the seconds while the senior coaching staff strive for a record breaking losing streak.

Ronald Fejo was only selected for 2 senior games last year and yet was invited to Essendon!

there will be another mass exodus of players from the club at the end of the season.

Last edited by Bottle Top on Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bottle Top
Bottle Top

Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:26 am

We are closing in on Sturt’s record of 26 consecutive losses in the 94-96 era.
A loss this week makes it 22.
I really hope we can win a couple of games before the season is over. Must be tough for the players at the moment.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 722

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:01 pm

The only game I see we have any chance of winning this year is round 14 Central at home.
And that is no certainty by any means! Lose that one and I reckon it is a winless season.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 287

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeme Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:15 pm

Its not all doom and gloom.

Lets have a series of Positive posts.

I am NOT a betting person but in a 2 horse race West are paying over $7 to beat the Bays... line is at 40 points. Worth a couple of Scheckel's surely.
The Boys are pumped about having another West player being recruited (good spotting by somebody) and Tom's 150th. Could be a perfect storm at Glenelg on Saturday.

Gamble Responsibly

Go The Bloods.

mikeme
mikeme

Number of posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:23 pm

A 40 point head start!!
Considering the weather tomorrow that could be a good bet 💰
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Bottle Top Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:28 pm

mikeme wrote:Its not all doom and gloom.

Lets have a series of Positive posts.

I am NOT a betting person but in a 2 horse race West are paying over $7 to beat the Bays... line is at 40 points. Worth a couple of Scheckel's surely.
The Boys are pumped about having another West player being recruited (good spotting by somebody) and Tom's 150th. Could be a perfect storm at Glenelg on Saturday.

Gamble Responsibly

Go The Bloods.

I still can't believe West were paying $15 to beat Central in Rd 3 2018.
Was a good return for a measly $10 outlay.

I ran into Aaron Fielke in the pub 2 weeks after that game, he said a few of the players cleaned up on that game!
Bottle Top
Bottle Top

Back to top Go down

Post by Bottle Top Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:36 pm

Wolf Pack wrote:A 40 point head start!!
Considering the weather tomorrow that could be a good bet 💰

West Adelaide by 1 - 39 pts is currently paying $8.50 on the TAB.
Bottle Top
Bottle Top

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:28 pm

If the weather is really bad we may not score.
Unless Gore can soccer 10 goals off the ground.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1234

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:33 pm

Thank god I have to go to Blyth and watch our grandson play in the under 12's followed by his birthday.
That will be far more pleasurable than watching West get a flogging!
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 287

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:00 pm

Blyth.

I stayed down the road at Kybunga a few months ago.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:52 pm

TAAARS wrote:Thank god I have to go to Blyth and watch our grandson play in the under 12's followed by his birthday.
That will be far more pleasurable than watching West get a flogging!
Blyth Snowtown football great club son in law plays there
blacky

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:32 pm

Must be kicking against the wind down at the Bay..... Shocked
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 330

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:49 pm

Wow, 5 point loss in a high scoring game in this weather, after being down 28 in the first 1/4. Any brave souls venture down to the Bay!?
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 330

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:35 pm

Certainly our best effort for some time, however we still paid the price for not being switched on for the full 4 quarters.
After quarter time, we had 22 scoring shots to Glenelg's 10. How often does a team kick 10 goals straight, particularly in trying conditions. Full credit to the players for fighting it out until the final siren. Unfortunately, we have a bye next Saturday. It's a pity the Centrals game isn't next week, while confidence levels are up. Strangely, our next game at Hisense will again be against the Crows.

Great to see Johno snag 4.

Go Bloods
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 358
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:45 pm

Yes, I was there. At one point I think we were 37 points down.
We had a strong wind in the last qtr and had our chances to win the game.
We kicked the ball longer and were far more direct when we went forward and we looked so much better. We kicked 4 goals in about 8 minutes in the second qtr!!!
There was far less sideways and short chipping with the ball.
Kaiden Brand again was outstanding. He reminds me of Ryan Ferguson in the way he reads the play. Good to see Fergy at the game today.
Beech had a great game and kicked 4. P Fairlie, Stevens, Edwards and Hartlett were also very good.
I saw enough to think that a win will come soon.
Unfortunately there were a couple of terrible umpiring decisions that went against us in the last qtr just when we had some momentum.
The reserves lost with the last kick of the game too!
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:04 pm

I thought we deserved to win the game today. With the weather conditions it meant we had to surge the ball forward as it was a territory and stoppage game. We didn’t over use the ball for the first time in 2 years.
Brand was outstanding and easily our best player. He would be leading our a best and fairest right now. Beech was great and his past couple of weeks have been good.
P.Fairlie played his best game for the club and Stevens was again very good especially from stoppages.
Cade Kennedy in the ressies was very good and should be promoted next week. I also thought McKenzie played well for the second week in a row after being dropped.
A better performance but not winning means it wasn’t good enough.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 948

Back to top Go down

Post by Bottle Top Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:23 pm

our highest score for the year and in horrendous conditions, a tick for that.

a 5 goal breeze in the last qtr but still couldn't fall over the line.
Bottle Top
Bottle Top

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:40 pm

I didn't see the game, but the usual pattern was there again in the first half.  The opposition blow us away early, then take the foot off the pedal and we get back a bit.

Usually the opposition then kick away again, but to the boy's credit this didn't happen today and it sounds we were a bit stiff to lose.

Let's hope we can build on today for the second half of the season after the bye.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:08 pm

I don’t think it was a case of the opposition taking the foot off the pedal today.
I thought the boys were really good today. We actually won the hit outs and clearances. Probably the first time this year we have done that.
I have been critical of Cleeland but he has played some decent footy this year and was good today!!

Last edited by Wolf Pack on Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeO9 Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:49 pm

I enjoyed that game.
That makes 3 this year - the others being @ Woodville and Loxton ovals.
Not much shelter at the ground.
Wonder what I'm gonna do when we win one.
LukeO9
LukeO9

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Post by GoBloods Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:37 pm

Wet weather football means kicking long and direct, as to play to conditions rather than overusing the footy and high risk of turnover. Well, what did we learn from today? Can we PLEASE continue to play direct football for the remainder of the season and the game plan to be like it’s wet weather, and low and behold we might actually get some results.
We simply don’t have the skill level to play possession footy and move the ball sidewards, and create and set up opportunities that never eventuate as we turn over the footy. Well done to the boys today who continued to fight it out. Let’s hope we can build on this going forward now.
GoBloods
GoBloods

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:41 pm

GoBloods wrote: Wet weather football means kicking long and direct,  as to play to conditions rather than overusing the footy and high risk of turnover. Well, what did we learn from today? Can we PLEASE continue to play direct football for the remainder of the season and the game plan to be like it’s wet weather, and low and behold we might actually get some results.
We simply don’t have the skill level to play possession footy and move the ball sidewards, and create and set up opportunities that never eventuate as we turn over the footy. Well done to the boys today who continued to fight it out. Let’s hope we can build on this going forward now.

WELL SAID!
And how much more entertaining.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 358
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next