Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West V Glenelg

+7
aldo russian
blackandred
Wolf Pack
MR BLOODHOUND
bundy
blood bath
Thiele
11 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

West V Glenelg Empty West V Glenelg

Post by Thiele Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:14 pm

EST

West Adelaide has made at least one change for its clash with Glenelg at ACH Group Stadium.

Former Hawthorn utility Dallas Willsmore returns from a hamstring strain to replace the rejuvenated Aaron Anderson (knee) at half-back.

Willsmore is one of four inclusions to the Bloods’ 25-man squad, with Jack Agostino, Jade Cleeland and Patrick Fairlie added to the extended interchange bench.

F: Johnson, Ellem, Waite

HF: Koster, Keough, C. Fairlie

C: Haysman, Squire, Boyle

HB: Willsmore, Levicki, Duval

B: May, Ryan, Hill

R: Parrella, K. Stevens, B. Turner

INT: Mead, P. Fairlie, Morrish, Cleeland, Hupfeld, Agostino, R. Stevens

IN: Agostino, Cleeland, P. Fairlie, Willsmore

OUT: Anderson (knee)

Reserves
Batley, Caruso, Chamberlain, Couroupis, Elliot, Forbes, Gilbert, Harris, Kelsh, Kirk, Majok, Martin, McKenzie, Nield, Pearce, Rana, Sareen, Sherlock, Sinderberry, J. Stevens, Taylor, Wooldridge

Under-18
F: Richardson, Zinndorf, O’Connor-Dawkins
HF: Baker, Young, Iuliano
C: Henty-Smith, Kennedy, Long
HB: Sinderberry, Sherlock, Venning
B: Van den Berg, Midwinter, Baltagie

R: Heitmann, White, Hodge
INT: Burbridge, Desira, Faulkner T, Courtney

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 695

Back to top Go down

West V Glenelg Empty Re: West V Glenelg

Post by Thiele Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:16 pm

U/18s 11.05
Reserves 1.30
League 4.10

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 695

Back to top Go down

Post by blood bath Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:54 pm

Have heard Aaron Anderson's knee injury is worse than initially thought - ACL
blood bath
blood bath

Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:32 pm

Who is number 55 for us cheers
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 461
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by MR BLOODHOUND Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:57 pm

Number 55 is Angus Rana . He is a better prospect than the ruckman playing in the league team .
MR BLOODHOUND
MR BLOODHOUND

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:22 pm

YES he looks very impressive.
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 461
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:06 pm

We are officially the worst team in the comp!!
Back to the bottom we go and back to back spoons coming up!!!
This $&@“” club😡!!!!
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 832

Back to top Go down

Post by MR BLOODHOUND Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:22 pm

Need a new selection group whom will look at not rewarding players players that fail each week but still get a game .
MR BLOODHOUND
MR BLOODHOUND

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:49 pm

Our ruckman had 2 kicks and did not take a single mark in the game.
Not good enough!!!!
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:45 pm

The sideways/chipping/handball to anyone game plan of this team is, not only spectacularly unsuccessful but very hard to watch. After 60 years supporting the club I’m finding it really hard to turn up every week and endure this negative style of footy. With such a low supporter base, it wouldn’t need too many people thinking the same to spell the end of a great footy club. What is worse is that there doesn’t seem to be any improvement and so no great hope for the future.

There are some good players busting their guts every week. Kaine Stevens remains our most consistent performer. We have a few new players who show great endeavour. Connor Fairlie, Squire, Boyle, Duvall have been good recruits. Hopefully we can retain Ellem. Cleeland and McKenzie should be given a chance up forward in the final games to see if they can improve our marking capacity. Taverner/Rana given a run in ruck. Somehow I can’t see this happening as it sometimes seems it’s harder to get out of this team than in.

Today we were simply outclassed by quality opposition. We got enough of the ball but overused it far too much. We had more kicks, more marks and more hit outs than the Bays but were beaten by 13 goals!! In one 2 minute period we kicked the ball straight to Glenelg players 3 times. I stopped counting then.

So it looks to be back to back wooden spoons. We need a circuit breaker to put an end to this miserable situation.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 269

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:14 pm

The most staggering aspect of this to me is that we have the same problems that we had at the start of the 2019 season. We do the same things every week and unsurprisingly get the same results. Why have we made no improvement?

The commentary by Robbie Neville about our structures and set ups was very interesting - he pointed out that the Bays kept dropping 2 or 3 players behind the ball so that when we tried to go inside 50 they would win possession and sweep it upfield. Also that we gathered in clusters rather than spreading to provide options, and that their forwards worked harder, making multiple leads. This too has happened every week, and we persist with the same unsuccessful approach to it. Kick and hope.

Duvall and Ellem are about the only players we have who can regularly outmark an opponent. We very rarely win aerial contests. Our midfielders lack the dash, running capacity, quick hands and kicking skills of our opponents.

The prospect of another wooden spoon is miserable enough but the most worrying aspect about us to me is the complete lack of improvement in any regard in the last 2 years. That is a disturbing sign. I wonder what the Committee makes of it.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1419

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:19 pm

What committee??! Rolling Eyes
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:20 pm

The end of the season cannot come quick enough for our club.
2 wins last year and 1 win this year.
Under Colville we have played 47 games for 11 wins.
Is he the right man for the job???
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:45 pm

Wolf Pack wrote:The end of the season cannot come quick enough for our club.
2 wins last year and 1 win this year.
Under Colville we have played 47 games for 11 wins.
Is he the right man for the job???

Whether he is or isn't you'd have to think he's grateful he's contracted for next year. I don't think anyone has ever coached us after taking us to two consecutive spoons.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:36 pm

Gavin's summary

A disappointing match on Saturday and in many ways unacceptable. There have been times this year when we have not matched the opposition which could in part be attributed to inexperience and a high injury toll. This was not the case on Saturday. For most the game we were undisciplined with our structures, did not follow pre-game instructions and were hopelessly outworked. This resulted in us continually being outnumbered at contested ball and ultimately having an inability to slow the opposition down in any part of the ground. This gave our backline very little chance as the ball came in very quickly and cleanly. Key stats highlighted this. Despite only having 6 less inside 50m entries, we were beaten by 12 goals. The opposition I50 to score ratio was 62% which is the worst we have conceded all year. Our ball movement was also impacted by a lack of work rate which saw our switches slowed on most occasions due to a lack of spread further up the ground, whilst I also thought we were not brave enough to hit up short kicks through the middle of the ground. This played into Glenelg hands as the ignored our small lead ups and oriented back to outnumber. Conversely, when we were able to either posses and change directions or break through with fast play, we looked very dangerous. Unfortunately, we did not fully capitilise on this with our set shots.

I thought Tom Keough and Logan Hill were consistent all game. They both provided a contest every time they were asked. Dallas Willsmore made a strong return from injury with great work rate and ball use and thought Hugh Haysman was very clean in contest and provided some good run.

So where to from here?

As a group we need to be very clear about what opportunities exist for the remainder of the year. We will not play finals however we must not lose focus of our long-term goals for the Club. Whilst we could simply play out the season and reset for next year, I don’t believe this is what we want to stand for and this is most certainly not consistent with our team values. Living our values during adversity and uncertainty is the opportunity I see going forward. I aim to keep this at the front of my mind and will ask the players to do the same.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2226

Back to top Go down

Post by MR BLOODHOUND Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:59 pm

In the last 3 games they need to play some of the young players from the reserves to see what they can offer .
MR BLOODHOUND
MR BLOODHOUND

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:28 pm

What about trying to avoid another wooden spoon? If we pick up this year's that will be 7 spoons in the last 16 seasons. That sort of record tests supporters.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:46 pm

in the last 5 years we have finished bottom 3 times 7th once 9th once
so who do we blame the committee i dont think we can
we have had 5 different committees in that time
what we do need is stability
instead we have fractions in the club people who cant work together is the main cause of our problem
we have had people at the club who shouldnt have been there
rant over
blacky

Number of posts : 252

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:08 pm

Interesting report from the coach.
‘In a nutshell, the players didn’t follow pre game instructions from the coach’
That is a bit of a worry. Or is it that the group don’t have the ability.......
What Is absolutely diabolical is our football team have won 3 games in 2 seasons!
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:15 am

What an embarrassing club we have become.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1062

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down