Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West Vs Glenelg

+7
aldo russian
blackandred
Lachlan
Oldfella
LukeO9
Wolf Pack
Thiele
11 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

West Vs Glenelg Empty West Vs Glenelg

Post by Thiele Thu May 25, 2017 6:26 pm

West Adelaide coach Mark Mickan will be tossing up whether to take an unchanged line-up into the game against Glenelg.
Despite the Bloods succumbing to Adelaide by six goals last round, the Bloods are yet to cut any players from their 23-man squad.
Reliable defender Jack Agostino and utility Jack Evans have been added to the five-man extended interchange bench.
League
F: Fielke, Watchman, Rankine
HF: Turner, Middleton, Bates
C: Batley, K. Stevens, J. Stevens
HB: Agostino, Burgess, Hill
B: Caire, Keough, Green

R: Webb, Schiller, Schmidt
INT: Carger, Karpany, Wasley-Black, J. Evans, Favretto
IN: Agostino, J. Evans
Reserves
Waite, Haysman, Head, Klemke, Pillion, Peter, McPherson, L. Ryan, M. Noble, Iannucci, I. Johnson, Inglis, Majok, Holliday, Vassallo, Halkias, Male, Fairlie, Lynch, J. Noble, L. Evans.
Under-18
Fazzalari, Eichner, Gutsche, Caruso, Alaeddin, Boots, Baker, Crump, Walton, Neumann, Smith, Wright, Laube, Milsom, Rugari, Gulliford, Smithson, Challis, Rana, Singh, Westley, Satanek, Dunkin, Hannagan.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 667

Back to top Go down

West Vs Glenelg Empty Re: West Vs Glenelg

Post by Thiele Thu May 25, 2017 6:27 pm

Triple Header with 18s at 9.25

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sat May 27, 2017 10:58 pm

Surely it's time to have a look at some other players at league level.
This group can't get it done.
Put Keough forward.
Middleton to the back line.....
Give McPherson a run in the ruck.

Just try something. FFS we haven't won a game since round 13 2016!!!!

Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 782

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeO9 Sun May 28, 2017 8:39 am

I don't agree with the paper reporting Glenelg's resurgence in the last quarter got them to a win. The game was definitely lost by West in the 3rd quarter with so many inside 50s without goals.
Congrats to the team for getting into a position to win late in the last quarter.
LukeO9
LukeO9

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Sun May 28, 2017 2:11 pm

Nat at game yesterday so listenned to radio and reviewed game player stats -- radio call indicated that both shots at goal in last 2 minutes should have been kicked so unluck loss.

However overall comments on radio and review of stats seems to indicate we were not realy in the game --- bays up in all areas and individually 8 of our players had 10 or less than possessions. Did we have injured players as some players with low stats are senior players who are state class imo,

Kane stevens is having a sensational year and must be a dark horse for the magary medal in a poor side?

Not sure of how to view end results -- any coments from those who were there
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1038
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeO9 Sun May 28, 2017 3:09 pm

Oldfella wrote: both shots at goal in last 2 minutes should have been kicked
The miss by Middleton (as an apparent graduate of the Daniel Webb Kicking Academy) allowed the remote possibility of a win. Soon after, an outstanding punch from a pack at half-forwand flank put the ball rocketing into the '50' and set-up K.Stevens for kick against a stiff breeze wind. We know the result of that kick, but no criticism here, given his great play during the whole game and the incredibly clever goal he kicked against a strong side wind just a few minutes earlier that set up the possibility of an unlikely win. No criticism of Middleton either, as he played one of his best this year.
20 mins into the last quarter the game was effectively over. As I posted before, to get into a position to win that game from a 'no hope' situation was great to watch.
LukeO9
LukeO9

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sun May 28, 2017 3:31 pm

Kaine Stevens is a very good player but hasn't a hope in hell of winning the medal.
Hard to poll a vote when you lose every week.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 782

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sun May 28, 2017 4:59 pm

Stevens and Middleton were by far our best players, DAYLIGHT was third
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1011

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sun May 28, 2017 5:01 pm

We certainly lack depth in the midfield, we have lost Tuck and O'Brien and they haven't been replaced.
WE NEED TO RECRUIT A COUPLE OF BIG BODIED INSIDE MIDS.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1011

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Sun May 28, 2017 5:14 pm

Heartbreaking to see us go down in another close one. But a lot to like about the way we approached the contest. If you could hear the language coming from the bays coaching box you could tell they were upset.  Our intensity was excellent but the execution poor. We held them to 5 goals in 3 quarters but let them in for 5 in the last.  Thought we were gone when Middleton was moved back but the move paid off. Still we had our chances and poor kicking let us down again.
K Stevens and Middleton our best. Bates did some good things but needs to share the ball a little better.
Wonder what the AFL reserves teams think of the changerooms on the eastern side of the oval?
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 252

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Sun May 28, 2017 6:23 pm

Thanks guys -- last question how did the reserve go

Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun May 28, 2017 6:33 pm

Oldfella wrote:Thanks guys -- last question how did the reserve go
Lost by 46 points. 18s got up

Last edited by Thiele on Sun May 28, 2017 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Sun May 28, 2017 6:36 pm

Thanks mate

Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sun May 28, 2017 9:48 pm

I also thought Middleton and Stevens were our two best, though they - like the majority of the team - need to improve their kicking. Stevens is a real leader.
Keough also did a good job in defence.
I thought in the last quarter we got smashed in ruck and in the midfield, and the Bays grabbed the momentum which we probably surrendered with our last three misses at goal in the third quarter. Our kicking is our biggest problem, it has been for some time and it isn't getting any better.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1343

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Mon May 29, 2017 9:11 am

blackandred wrote:Heartbreaking to see us go down in another close one. But a lot to like about the way we approached the contest. If you could hear the language coming from the bays coaching box you could tell they were upset.  Our intensity was excellent but the execution poor. We held them to 5 goals in 3 quarters but let them in for 5 in the last.  Thought we were gone when Middleton was moved back but the move paid off. Still we had our chances and poor kicking let us down again.
K Stevens and Middleton our best. Bates did some good things but needs to share the ball a little better.
Wonder what the AFL reserves teams think of the changerooms on the eastern side of the oval?

If they complain there's something wrong. The new change rooms are much better than the old one under the grandstand which is going to be demolished i think, there's a lot more room for players and medical staff, the only downside is carting equipment across to the other side of the ground, but then it's not much different to Norwood oval where you have to walk a mile to set up on the benches.

I would say Port have the smallest rooms for away teams followed by Norwood.
firstblood
firstblood

Number of posts : 414
Job/hobbies : The light keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeO9 Tue May 30, 2017 8:16 am

Just like to add to my post where I described the 20 min-mark of the last quarter, where the game appeared to be over: at that time, there was no let up from the West Cheer Squad who kept encouraging 'til the end.
LukeO9
LukeO9

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Tue May 30, 2017 8:28 am

Yes, exactly right. I went to thank them at about that time.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2163

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Tue May 30, 2017 11:49 am

I noticed them too and one in particular, I think it's Craig - his passion is outstanding.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1343

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Wed May 31, 2017 6:49 pm

A little birdie told me that we had 3 player's reported on Sat
Rankin
Keough
Watchman
Can anybody tell me what penalties were received
blacky