Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RECRUITING.

+4
Oldfella
bundy
Thiele
Lachlan
8 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

RECRUITING. Empty RECRUITING.

Post by Lachlan Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:25 pm

Who at the club is in charge of making contact with Potential Recruits for next year.
Jason Porplyzia did this last year, however he has departed the club and hasn’t been replaced.

Can somebody on the board or from the club please advise.

I have sent an email and made a ph call to the club without a reply.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1023

Back to top Go down

RECRUITING. Empty Re: RECRUITING.

Post by Thiele Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:17 pm

Lachlan wrote:Who at the club is in charge of making contact with Potential Recruits for next year.
Jason Porplyzia did this last year, however he has departed the club and hasn’t been replaced.

Can somebody on the board or from the club please advise.

I have sent an email and made a ph call to the club without a reply.
Porplyzia looked after the Juniors and has been replaced by Paul Strathfield the u/18 coach

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 668

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:39 pm

Thiele,

Thanks mate. I knew that Porps looked after the juniors.

He also made contact with Potential Recruits last year. I doubt Strathfield will be doing that.

Therefore I would like somebody from the board or the club to advise who is making contact with Potential Recruits fro next year.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:46 pm

Lachlan wrote:Thiele,

He also made contact with Potential Recruits last year. I doubt Strathfield will be doing that.

Therefore I would like somebody from the board or the club to advise who is making contact with Potential Recruits fro next year.

Lachlan. It would be good if on our West Adelaide website they have who is allocated positions at the Club. Eg Dits Property steward etc.
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 460
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:16 pm

bundy wrote:
Lachlan wrote:Thiele,

Lachlan. It would be good if on our West Adelaide website they have who is allocated positions at the Club. Eg Dits Property steward etc.
They do but it needs to updated

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 668

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:46 pm

https://westadelaidefc.com.au/football/coaching-support-staff/

Above is football staff -- i agree Bundy that a list of management positions and incumbent would be benificial

Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1044
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeO9 Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:37 pm

Lachlan wrote:I have sent an email and made a ph call to the club without a reply.

Can someone suggest a reason as to why an avid supporter/member, an individual component of the foundation of the Club  would be disregarded in such a way by management?

Last edited by LukeO9 on Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
LukeO9
LukeO9

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:52 pm

It's extremely poor. If we don't get answers from management how are we supposed to trust their custodianship of our club?
And given this thread is about recruiting, and that we have a bye this week, and that there's only half a season left, and that it's pretty much universally agreed that we need to recruit heavily for next season...do we have representatives watching potential recruits interstate this weekend? And if not, why not.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1356

Back to top Go down

Post by olivertwist Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:04 pm

Hi Aldo, I recently attended the members forum night with the board, I believe contact with either Graham Barton or Ben Hopkins is your best bet for info on that topic of recruiting going off what was advised by the board members on the night. Graham wasn't able to attend that night but the need for starting our recruiting now in middle of the year was raised by a member as something of a concern. I think it would be handy if we had someone of Porps standing to continue the role...wonder what Jimmy Ezard is up too, he presents & speaks well, has well recognised past with us and formerly afl listed player who could be of use in speaking to potential recruits.
olivertwist
olivertwist

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:31 pm

I sent an email to the attention of Ben Hopkins about Recruiting and other matters a month ago and I haven’t had a reply.

I rang and left a message at reception 3 weeks for Ben to give me a call and I’m still waiting
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by olivertwist Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:19 pm

Sounds like Mr Barton by the one for answers on recruiting then, hopefully a response is forthcoming soon. Good luck with that, as a member happy to hear any update on that myself.
olivertwist
olivertwist

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:52 pm

With the lose of 2 players does that affect our salary cap at all.Does the club now have 2 less players to pay???
bundy
bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:31 pm

Too late for this year, Bundy.

Clubs have to put in their salary list at the start of the year and that can't exceed the cap.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2180

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:37 pm

Cheers.
bundy
bundy

Back to top Go down