Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trial Games

+9
Lee Harradine
aldo russian
brodlach
Wolf Pack
inthruck
blackandred
Oldfella
firstblood
Thiele
13 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Trial Games Empty Trial Games

Post by Thiele Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:59 pm

Friday 8th March v Sturt Reserves 4.45 League 7.20pm
Saturday 16th March V Glenelg reserves 11.30am League 2.10pm
Friday March 22nd V Centrals Reserves 4.45pm League 7.20pm

All at City Mazda

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 684

Back to top Go down

Trial Games Empty Re: Trial Games

Post by Thiele Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:41 pm

Internal Trial Saturday morning from 10 am Free BBQ

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:43 pm

Tomorrows teams....

Black Team

1 Agostino
2 Karpany
5 Snelling
8 Willsmore
13 Noble
16 Hupfeld
19 Turner B
20 Middleton
21 Head
25 Wasley Black
27 Turner G
29 Anderson
34 Schiller
35 Evans J
36 Patterson
41 Evans L
44 Bentley S
46 Caruso
47 Klemke
49 Laube
50 Noonan
52 Osborn
53 Morrish
60 Sinderberry
63 Westley
65 Parrella

2nd half only
45 Majok

Grey Team

1 Kirk
5 Earl
6 Stevens R
7 Gutsche
9 Haysman H
11 Hill
12 Dunkin
13 May
14 Waite
15 Batley
17 Fairlie
18 Lynch
19 Gallaway
20 Stevens K
21 Schmidt
22 Bentley J
25 Beech
26 Keough
27 Pillion
28 Rana
29 Majok
30 Cleeland
Fielke

2nd half only
11 Forbes
21 Barrett
29 Moore
firstblood
firstblood

Number of posts : 414
Job/hobbies : The light keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:01 pm

Please note that some numbers being worn are not their permanent numbers. eg Beech is 25 in grey when his permanent no is 4.
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:24 pm

Due to health sadly did not get there.

Anyone who attended please can you tell me how did it go from team and individual perspective

No injuries i hope

Thanks in antis

Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1057
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:42 pm

I got there at half time. The free bbq had closed down.

The published team numbers were not accurate. I couldn't find recruits Willsmore and Cleeland. Frustrating.

No scores were kept. Crowd about 50. Mainly parents and a few tragics like me.

I liked Lachlan Evans run from the backline. It will take a very good player to keep Elliot Dunkin out of our first senior side. He should be assigned the role of kicking out from full back.

Ruck stocks looked a little thin. Is Tyler McPherson still at the club?
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 267

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:14 am

blackandred wrote:I got there at half time. The free bbq had closed down.

The published team numbers were not accurate. I couldn't find recruits Willsmore and Cleeland. Frustrating.

No scores were kept. Crowd about 50. Mainly parents and a few tragics like me.

I liked Lachlan Evans run from the backline. It will take a very good player to keep Elliot Dunkin out of our first senior side. He should be assigned the role of kicking out from full back.

Ruck stocks looked a little thin. Is Tyler McPherson still at the club?

In fairness to the team numbers not being accurate after 1/2 time, there were players who swapped sides, some players only played 1/2 a game and their jumpers were given to others to play the second 1/2 as we had shortage of grey jumpers.
Your right about Dunkin, loved watching him play in the reserves last year, i'm confident he'l give league footy a big crack this year.

firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:46 pm

Thanks for feedback on here and PMs --- very much appreciated

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by inthruck Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:38 am

I haven't seen Josh Smithson's name on any trial lists. Is he a chance to come back to the club or is he likely lost to wherever he went last year? Very much looked the goods at Under 18 level.
inthruck
inthruck

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:49 pm

inthruck,

From memory he is playing up at Bute --- i have not heard of anything about him planning to return to try the big time again but definitely would be welcome back at westies as he did have a bit of talent.

Life style choice i think.

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:12 pm

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:02 pm

We may have only kicked 6 goals and lost the game (St 9.11 WA 6.10) but there was a lot to like about the trial match on Friday evening.

Our recruits all performed well. Willsmore and Cleeland look to be ready made SANFL players. Cleeland can pitch into the ruck and could be useful down forward. Snelling was in everything and will make a huge difference to our midfield this year.

Parella seems to have taken a massive step up. He would have broken even in the ruck but his field work was terrific. Lots of marks and a nice long kick. He even played on from a mark at one point.

Haysman seemed to be injury free and getting back to 2015 form. Hupfeld made an impact up forward with his big body. 4 or 5 players dropped out at half time replaced by fresh bodies.

The difference between the 2 teams was the value Sturt got from its small forwards whereas Gibson Turner and Karpany couldn’t get into the game.

Sturt play a tight defensive game and make it hard to break away but we put together a few excellent passage of play. Our skill level seemed to have improved from last year which is pleasing – but still fell short of Sturts..

I didn’t see Josh Ryan, John Noble, Logan Hill and Chris Schmidt out there so some useful players to come back.
blackandred
blackandred

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:44 am

It’s only pre season but we’ve kicked 13 goals in 2 games.
I thought the new rules might open the contest up and minimise the congestion which makes the game terrible to watch
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 814

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:23 pm

16’s beat South by 59 points
brodlach
brodlach

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:33 am

I'm concerned too by our low scores. But hopefully when we play our full-strength side we'll have more quality smalls and mids who can go forward and score.
Great start to the season by the U16s, top of the ladder.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1393

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:04 am

There are some absolute guns in the under 16’s. A number of kids who other years would get a game are not even emergencies the squad is so deep
brodlach
brodlach

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:09 am

aldo russian wrote:I'm concerned too by our low scores. But hopefully when we play our full-strength side we'll have more quality smalls and mids who can go forward and score.
Great start to the season by the U16s, top of the ladder.

Sorry, having a few technical problems quoting:

A few thoughts for those who didn't attend.

Our first quarter was dominant. Parella only rucked in this quarter and our centre clearance work was excellent.  It was noticeable that SChmidt, who started on ball, seemed to then play across half-back and was effective at distributing the ball.  Keough was similar and we looked really well structured and moved the ball quickly.

Stevens and Schiller didn't play the first half.  As far as I could see, Glenelg had almost their full side playing. 

After the first quarter, both sides dominated play at times, but neither side attacked effectively and the defences were on top, although that was often due to poor skills going inside 50.  Our goal kicking is still a problem.

Some individual players:

Ago went off early after a heavy clash.

Kenny Karpany's field kicking still needs improvement, but he kicked the winning goal from a nice set shot.

Jono Beecj kicked two goals early and was close to our best all day.  Dallas Willsmore didn't seem to get a lot of the footy, but was very efrfective when he did.  Kaine Stevens came on at half-time and his 3rd quarter was outstanding.  One pirouette out of a pack was Isaac Rankine Mark II.

Murray Waite's first quarter was excellent and he played pretty well,  Coming along nicely.  Jade Cleeland was quiet, but his l;ast quarter was better.  he releived Chol Majok in ruck and competed pretty well 

John Noble was pretty good, doing John Noble things and Hugh Haysman showed some nice things.  I thought Brett Turner was one of our best all day.  Mason Middleton was strong again, took some good marks, including an impossible low grab off hos toes.  His kicking last year was excellent, but he nissed one from 20 out in front and didn't make the distance twice from inside 50.  Great target, though.

Gibson Turner couldn't get into the game, but chased well.  Forget this one, the game didn't seem to suit, partly due to our poor delivery into the forward 50.

Isaac Johnson kicked a couple and was OK, Elliot Dunkin was pretty quiet and Patrick Levicki did some good things and some not-so-good things.  Chol rucked pretty well.  We played Dustin Head, Jack and Lachie Evans in defence most of the game.

Final thoughts?  It was a trial, we'll be OK.

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:09 pm

Thanks Lee for the update, Icouldnt get to the game.
Well don’t to the U16’s.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1038

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:41 pm

Final thoughts? It was a trial, we'll be OK. (Lee Harradine) Yeah, how does this quoting thing work?
I remember well the trial we played against the Eagles at Thebby, late 2014. It was pitiful and seemed pointless, but 10 months later we won a flag. So perhaps not too much should be read into trial form.
Although our ball use and decision making have a long way to go, there have been some pleasing signs in the two trials we,ve played so far. These two areas need significant improvement if we are to make top three. These are especially critical when going forward, as they can be the difference between kicking 6-7 goals and 12-14 goals ie the difference between winning and losing. Although our first quarter was outstanding, our dominance should have resulted in an eight goal quarter rather than four. The best teams get maximum reward for effort. However, I'm excited about our prospects this year and can't wait for round one.
May we be blessed with few injuries.
Go you Bloods
PS
My 92 year old mother has just bought a membership and is allowing herself to be talked into attending a home game, (thanks to Sean) health permitting. She has never attended a SANFL game before.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:50 pm

I thought Isaac Johnson was one of our best players and Patrick Fairlie was very effective.

Goalkicking is a problem. Beechy is our only forward with any real goal-sense. Many of our set shots are falling in the square so we need to work the ball closer to goal. Would like to know Inside 50 stats. We kept the Bays goalless in the first Q, they then kicked 2 quick ones from free kicks, we dominated for the first half yet we won on the last kick of the day!

Keough went forward in the last Q but we need some innovative selection measures to conjure up some goals. I have a feeling a few regulars might start in the 2s as the kids are knocking down the door.

Great to see Schmidt back. Still havn’t seen Logan Hill or Zac Bates.

blackandred
blackandred

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:07 pm

I'd be having a look at Wasley-Black as a forward. He has been surprisingly effective up there in the past, and I don't think he's in our best 6 defenders, as he's undisciplined and pretty loose.
And maybe we have to get some of our best kicks, e.g. Willsmore and Dunkin, to float forward a bit.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1393

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:32 pm

Aldo,

I agree with you, I actually think in time Dunkin will make a good midfielder. We have played Hupfeld up forward in our first 2 trials and at present he isn’t up to it. Cleeland is obviously a work in progress and perhaps we need another marking tall up forward other than him and Middleton. I think Cleeland needs to get into the weights room.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1038

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:41 pm

[quote="my 92 year old mother has just bought a membership and is allowing herself to be talked into attending a home game, (thanks to Sean) health permitting. She has never attended a SANFL game before. [/quote]

THIS IS FANTASTIC 👍👍👍👍👍☺

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:01 pm

PLEASE NOTE THIS WEEK TRIALS ARE DIFFERENT START TIMES

RESERVES 5.20
LEAGUE 7.50

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfman Jack Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:59 pm

Lachlan,
I agree that we need another strong marking forward to help Mason out. We are too predictable in kicking to Mason all the time. Cleeland is getting his hands on the ball but dropping all attempts to mark. Whether that is just nerves only time will tell.
The advantage of Hupfeld is he has good skills & is a strong & accurate kick for goal but he needs to impose himself on the game.
Gibson Turner has really trimmed down but unfortunately he couldn’t get into the game on Saturday. Hopefully he will find form & become a regular goal kicker for us.
I was impressed with Ken Karpany’s game & happy to see him kick the winning goal.
Whilst our last three quarters were poor, it was pleasing that when we were headed in the last quarter, we were able to control the run of the game & manufacture a win.
As had been stated, it was only a trial.
Wolfman Jack
Wolfman Jack

Number of posts : 107
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next