Reserves 5.15
League 7.30pm

West v Norwood Saturday March 20th Hisense Arena
Reserves 10am
League 1pm

West V North  Friday 26th March
Reserves 5pm
League 7.30pm

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 609

Back to top Go down

Trial Games Empty Re: Trial Games

Post by Lee Harradine Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:07 am

OK, where do you think we are placed?

I'm happy with our defence - Josh Ryan, Dunkin, Levicki, Hill & Co.

Our midfield should go from one of the thinnest to one of the best - Stevens, Lovell, Maguire, Boyle, Waite, Schiller, etc.

Ruck depends totally on Taverner, but he's well up to it.

Our forwards are a slight worry for height.  Isaac Johnson and Beech will be good, I think Keough will play CHF, Ellem's effectiveness will depend on his fitness, but I think we really lack a key tall.

Hopefully one or two of our lesser profile recruits might also step up.

A lot to look forward to.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 1473

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:50 pm

It's hard to know how much improvement to expect. Will there be marked improvement by individuals, and as a team? Several of the recruits will obviously make us better. I expect and hope that we will be much more competitive but how many wins that translates to, and what other teams we can expect to finish above on the ladder is hard to gauge now. You'd like to think we'd get off the bottom though.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 938

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:25 pm

Lee,

I agree with you, our biggest issue will be our forward line. I think both Rana and McKenzie will be given opportunities and they will need to step up, Ellam needs help. I would play Murphy forward and through the midfield, he may have played in defence for Nth Melb, but our defence is ok.

Our Ruck division is very thin and Tavener who has played 2 League games is going to need to continue to step up. He has shown he was it takes, but he’s playing his first full League season. I like what I saw though last year.
Babic the young Ruckman we recruited is very young and raw and he is going to take a significant amount of time to develop. He’s a project player so we need to be patient.

We also need to improve our fitness and obviously the powers that be have recognised this. We have suffered far too many injuries and I think our fitness has been the worst in the comp for the past 3 years.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 751

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:03 pm

I think we should play Murphy back. Josh Ryan is our number 1 key defender with Levicki and maybe Hupfield as the second and third options.
I think Murphy will do more damage as a defender.
Keough, Beech, Isaac Johnson and Ellem are good enough to kick us a score. Karpany and Haysman as the crumbers.
I hope to see an improvement in our skills and faster more attacking football.

Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 441

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:14 pm

I think Josh Gore from the Suns will be exciting to watch and will play some league footy.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 441

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:23 pm

I'll be looking for a new game plan that involves kicking the ball towards the goals. Also, an improvement in skill levels but that could be hard to achieve in the short time the new coach has been at the club.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 194

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:10 am

Over the weekend the West Adelaide Senior Men’s program had 64 players go to the Riverland for our 2021 Pre Season Camp.
The camp was a great opportunity for all players and coaches to strengthen relationships and spend time and getting to know each other.
The staff and players stayed at Padaley Lodge in Lyrup, where the activities included puzzle making, trivia, lawn bowls, leadership and game education. The camp also included a solid session of match simulation on Saturday morning where all players displayed great intent. Local coaches from Riverland Football Clubs were invited to attend this session and also had the opportunity to chat with Senior Coach Brad Gotch at the conclusion of the morning session.
There was plenty covered over the weekend and the coaches and the high performance team were satisfied with what was achieved during the trip.
No doubt this experience and weekend will further build on the squad and club as we head into the season.
Senior Coach Brad Gotch was very pleased with the experience saying, “I placed the football match simulation at the start of the camp and the players intensity and work rate exceeded my expectations which was pleasing.”
“As the work rate was so high we were able to concentrate on team building exercises and education throughout the rest of the camp.”
“The session Sunday morning around divisional requirements and education will help the players immensely to fast track their football requirements.”
“All in all though the behavior of the group in representing our club deserves recognition and the way we conducted ourselves in the area will hopefully go a long way to building stronger relationships with our Riverland partners.”
The West Adelaide Football Club thanks all the Riverland clubs who attended the open training session on the Saturday morning and the Lyrup Bowling Club for hosting us for our lawn bowls tournament. We also thank the owners and staff at Padaley Lodge for the use of their facility for all West Adelaide FC Riverland camps.
brodlach
brodlach

Number of posts : 429

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Today at 10:41 am

If anyone wants a bit of a footy fix, we have an under 21 side playing an under 23 St Peters OC side tonight (Friday 26th Feb) in a trial  starting around 7pm.
firstblood
firstblood

Number of posts : 383
Job/hobbies : The light keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum