Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West v Bays.

+9
whispy
Lachlan
bundy
brodlach
Athol
Thiele
Jamo
westiesforever
Wolf Pack
13 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

West v Bays. Empty West v Bays.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:38 am

Thoughts?

In   Porps, Tucky, Middleton, Haysman and Helbig. Time for a win. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

West v Bays. Empty Re: West v Bays.

Post by Wolf Pack Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:44 am

Some handy ins there.....
We need a goal kicker or two.
Middleton to play deep forward.....
Bays will be a tough assignment. They have a strong forward line in Alleway, Kirkby, Milera and Rioli..
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by westiesforever Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:39 pm

When is Harts going to be back ? I think once he's back we should play Hardy at FF with Webby being our main ruckman interchanging with Willits up forward . We have the classy small forwards that can crumb effectively with those big guys there . I like Klemke down back he showed some good signs against adversity and looks pretty mobile too .
westiesforever
westiesforever

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamo Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:55 pm

westiesforever wrote:When is Harts going to be back ? I think once he's back we should play Hardy at FF with Webby being our main ruckman interchanging with Willits up forward . We have the classy small forwards that can crumb effectively with those big guys there . I like Klemke down back he showed some good signs against adversity and looks pretty mobile too .

Round 6-7 I am lead to Believe, hopefully sooner.

Jack Agostino maybe get a call up after a good first hit out vs Loxton last week.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
RED BLACK 2015.
Jamo
Jamo

Number of posts : 189
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager Timber Wholesale

Back to top Go down

Post by westiesforever Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:26 am

Definitely hope it's sooner although would want him 100% fit. Agostino and a few others would be handy this week too . Cheers Jamo Very Happy
westiesforever
westiesforever

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:07 pm

WEST
West Adelaide has been boosted by the return of premiership utilities Jason Porplyzia and Travis Tuck for the clash with Glenelg at Gliderol Stadium on Sunday.
Porplyzia has been troubled by a slight knee injury while Tuck experienced back spasms in the club’s last trial match against Sturt.
They have both been included on the five-man extended interchange bench but are expected to play in the final 21 against the Tigers.
Key forward Mason Middleton has been named at centre-half forward while promising youngsters Jack Agostino and Hugh Haysman have also been added to the 23-man squad.
‘’Our side is looking so much stronger this week,’’ West football manager Andrew Marks noted.
‘’Other than Adam (Hartlett) we are much closer to the side which played in the Grand Final last year.’’
Last Saturday’s debutant Harry Vick, together with Nick Favretto and Oliver Johnson, has been sent back to the Reserves.

League
F: Green, Webb, Fielke
HF: Stubbs, Middleton, Slattery
C: Stevens, Schmidt, Silverlock
HB: Turner, Klemke, Wasley-Black
B: Caire, Hardy, Hill

R: Willits, O’Brien, Schiller
INT: Tuck, Porplyzia, Agostino, Burgess, Haysman
IN: Porplyzia, Tuck, Middleton, Agostino, Haysman
OUT: Favretto, Vick, Johnson

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 669

Back to top Go down

West v Bays. Empty Live streaming

Post by Athol Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:10 am

I'm not able to go to the game today. Is there any live streaming of the game today?
Athol
Athol

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:19 am

There is through the SANFL site and App
brodlach
brodlach

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

Post by Athol Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:21 am

That's great, so live video, not just cores and stats
Athol
Athol

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:55 am

radio
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 460
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:49 pm

Well, that was a disaster!!!!
South next week at Noarlunga.
After today, we are in serious trouble.......
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:37 pm

Random thoughts.

1. Get stuffed umps. You were the worst ever seen today.
2. Won the hitouts and the clearances.
3. Very disappointing that when we get a clear hitout to advantage that we cannot get the ball to the forwards.
4. Foot skills well down again today.
5. Stubbs has found his feet quickly but O'Brien still a fair way off.
6. Lots of easy frees and poor discipline cost us again.
7. Greeny, Fielkes and Taite need to step up next week.
8. Contested marking has improved.
9. We need to change the team around for next week. Maybe McPherson into ruck and Willo into defense.
10. Time for an improved effort next game. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:43 pm

Correct on the umpires, ST
Glenelg 29 Frees
West 16....
I think we have a lot of players in the side carrying injuries including O'Brien.....
Schmidty looked proppy too...
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:00 pm

A woeful performance today.
To allow the opposition to kick 8.7 in the last qrt tells me we
didn't come to play.

The WANT for the contest was missing very badly.

Our skill level by hand and foot was well below the standard required at SANFL level.
I understand we have had a few problems with personnel however that's no excuse.

Fielke,Green,Silverlock and a few others need to lift and quickly.

Ben Klemke never seems to be able to get through a game without being injured.

I thought Stubbs was our best player. Hardy beat Alleway and Slattery was good up
forward until moved in defence to cover Klemke.

The team as a whole needs to have PRIDE IN THEIR PERFORMANCE AND QUICKLY.
2015 IS LONG GONE.

OUR reserves are very young therefore the 21players who represented the league side today
Need to have pride in their performance and show the way.

A WIN NEXT WEEK IS A MUST AGAINST SOUTH AT NOARLUNGA. NOTHING ELSE WILL BE ACCEPTABLE.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1025

Back to top Go down

Post by whispy Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:10 pm

Yes a tough one next week at Norlunga....but it makes you wonder how the Panthers managed to get their first 3 games all at home.
whispy
whispy

Number of posts : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:18 pm

Despite some danger signs in the first half and some pretty appalling umpiring the Bloods were only down by 21pts at 3Q time and in with a real chance if we could just get some system going.

But the Bays booted 8.7 to our one solitary point in the last as we were embarrassed by a far superior outfit. If the last Q fade-out was not so serious it would be funny. We regularly gave Glenelg the ball. We kicked out on the full with great accuracy. We fumbled, we were slow, our backline was ill-disciplined, our skills dreadfull and we gave away stupid frees. We were so bad it was laughable. I’m guessing here but the ball might have spent 2 minutes in our forward line in the last Q.

There are two ways of looking at this. Firstly, we could not possibly play that badly again – could we? The coach has got plenty of material to work on for next week and the players will react in a positive manner. We had some pretty good footballers out there today, right? They just had a (real) bad day. Put it behind us and move on.

The other is to look at the number of players unfit and underdone. Perhaps a few resting on premiership success. Our poor pre-season. The lack of depth and therefore the absence of pressure on poor performing players to improve. Our fitness is a real issue and this is something that will not improve quickly. 2 games, 2 losses with total margin of 149pts. 39 goals to our 16.

Take your pick.

The stats from this game were pretty meaningless due to us coughing the ball up nearly every time we got it. But Glenelg had 50 more kicks and 22 more marks. Of general interest only, the Bays got 29 frees to our 16.

There were 15 of our 2015 GF team playing today.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:10 am

I think 5 frees were called team frees (when the ball comes off the foot and the other team gets it. We got one of these as Glenelg tended to keep the ball in play. In real terms, the frees would normally have read 24 to 15...

Even though we got our hands to the ruck tap first, I thought we rarely won a clearance with the tap. Glenelg seemed to read our ruckman better and were too often first to the ball. Plenty to work on.
Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:45 pm

It could be one of those crappy years like in 2014 where injuries take it's toll.
We probably expected Homburg, Anderson and Brind to be league regulars this year and sadly, they won't be.
Throw in Hartlett and Helbig and there are holes everywhere.

Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:55 pm

Mark Beswick wrote:I think 5 frees were called team frees (when the ball comes off the foot and the other team gets it.  We got one of these as Glenelg tended to keep the ball in play.  In real terms, the frees would normally have read 24 to 15...  

Even though we got our hands to the ruck tap first, I thought we rarely won a clearance with the tap.  Glenelg seemed to read our ruckman better and were too often first to the ball.   Plenty to work on.

Statistically we won the hitouts and the clearances. When the rucks hit it to the mids we handballed a couple of times too many and lost possession. This needs to be fixed.
Also if our backline can't kick the ball straight then don't kick it near the boundary line.Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PMSL Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:36 pm

Didnt realise that Umpires are worth 75 points?
Ghee Whizz they must have made some big blunders for that to be the difference.

Who ever said that Free Kick Counts have to be the same anyway?
PMSL
PMSL

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by postie Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:09 pm

Sorry to disagree but frees can and do make a difference to a match. i was there and some of the frees were blantantly bias. having said that did they affect the match possibly in the first three quarters.but we succummed in the last quarter. in my opinion we have not recuited enough players to cover the ones we have lost . i am not talking about numbers but quality.will i be there on sunday my oath and the matches after as well. i do not question the endeavour of the players but they need to improve their disposal. go boys regroup this week
postie
postie

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:23 am

https://youtu.be/iriNXn4vyFI

For those that think that our best players can kick then watch the last quarter of last weeks game. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down