Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West v Bays Side

+8
blacky
billrobs1
Bloodntars
Jamo
Mark Beswick
Lachlan
merrick
scorpion
12 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

West v Bays Side Empty West v Bays Side

Post by scorpion Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:43 pm

West v Bays Side SZSr8oh

West v Bays Side A63y1CZ
scorpion
scorpion

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

West v Bays Side Empty Re: West v Bays Side

Post by Guest Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:20 pm

Why would you drop Milne especially this week against the Bays. He has been played forward when he clearly is a backman.  Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by merrick Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:06 pm

No mention of Ezard
merrick
merrick

Number of posts : 93

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:10 pm

I agree with ST regarding Milne. His form has been down somewhat but he has been a useful contributor all year.
Secondly we are short on talls if he misses out. With both Hayes and Still coming back from injury and being suspect all year with injury surely Milne must play.
It also means Hayes will play CHB and I'm not sure he is fit enough to do that role for 4 quarters
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1024

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:02 pm

My take and I have no idea of the final 21 would be milne to play, R Anderson and Schiller. Homburg and the D-Man to miss but who knows..... may come down to weather conditions and we go extra smalls...
Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamo Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:52 pm

We need to find some goal kickers

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
RED BLACK 2015.
Jamo
Jamo

Number of posts : 189
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager Timber Wholesale

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:39 pm

Couldn't get to the game tonight.
Season over now that's for sure. The season has been so inconsistent that's for sure.

What happened to Daniel Webb?

Milne should have played we lacked talls
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodntars Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Webb injured his leg. Was limping off the field and was hit by both McCarthy and McGinty on the way off. Cowards.

Heard Milne injured his back at training.

Will give a bit of a report if and when I've calmed down.
Bloodntars
Bloodntars

Number of posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:50 pm

BloodnTars 
Thanks mate. Very disappointing yet again
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:57 pm

We were undisciplined and one could be forgiven for thinking money was gambled on the result this is obviously not the case but we were on the wrong side of many things which had many of our supporters wanting action after the game accepting we were our own worst enemy for our preparation for the contest

Players get dropped and coaches lose jobs over perceived poor performances.
Surely umpires must be ruled out of finals for the sake of football if game reviews show multiple questionable decisions I'll have to see if I can watch the video now I have cooled off and look at the game with less emotion

Last edited by wolves on Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by billrobs1 Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:16 am

Understand you are a bit upset at the moment Wolves but is this type of comment appropriate from a member of the WAFC Board?
Or
Is the WAFC going to officially request the SANFL to launch a formal investigation into corruption in the SANFL?

Have we been reduced to blaming the umpires for losing to the bottom side?
billrobs1
billrobs1

Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:26 am

As I said our players were silly in many many many cases to react and we do have discipline issues but yes I am upset with Aspects of interpretations last night and I guess the wrong call of overturning a point after all clear was given and the ball being in play at the opposite end of the ground was astounding
I feel for the coach with the display our players put up and the many supporters who were very upset with the way many things appeared from the fence.
Have somewhat cooled off after a sleep but I think and they are opinions only that we need some explanations or clarifications on parts of the game so we can move forward.

Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:42 pm

I noticed Webby had to get himself off the ground and no physio or anybody came to help him at all.

I don’t think the Bay players would have got into him if a physio was helping him off. I was a trainer for a long time and that would never have happened in my day.
 Idea 
blacky

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:44 pm

Just come home from Woodville oval watching lightning carnival for u8 u9 u10 about 2000 people at the ovsl from 10 am be interesting to see the crowd figures by days end
Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:46 pm

Webby was huge loss and looked like he was in for a great game
I remember birs getting games for interfering with an injured player at Norwood 2 years back     wasn't good look seeing webby bumped when he was obviously making his way off the ground in discomfort
  good point about not being assisted from oval    maybe there was a thought he could run it off at that moment in time      hope the big fella recovers quickly
Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:35 pm

just think the people who have the job of looking after our players on the ground are not doing there job probably
blacky

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:20 pm

Random thoughts.

1. Every umpire on the ground hated us last night.
2. It seems if we are undisciplined early the umpires make us pay for the rest of the night.
3. Won the rucks but lost the clearances. Nelson did very well and rucked 95% of the game by himself.
4. Webby done for the year with torn ligaments in his ankle. Time to reward Tommy Carter.
5. Think Beachy needed to go to CHF when Webby went down.
6. Well done to Still and Fielke. Both did very well up forward.
7. Don't know what Hilly did but he was targeted all night.
8. Special mentions to Alleway and McCarthy for attacking an injured player. Classy stuff scumbags.
9. Good to see Taite and Beechy continually show their class.
10. Bring on Norwood. OMG.  Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by redandblack Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:35 pm

Pretty much agree with most of that, ST.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kick the thing backwards.
redandblack
redandblack

Number of posts : 210

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:42 pm

Agree taite and beech were brilliant and Pete and still v. Good
Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:08 pm

Still has played only 6 games and is only one goal off being our equal leading goalkicker.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1358

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:51 pm

For Still to have only played 6 games and be one behind on the goal kicking is avery DAMNING STAT.

IF he was fit I think we would have won more games. It also tells me that we have struggled all year to find a key marking target if Still doesn't play.

Noticed once again that we had 10 players over the age of 26 last night which means over the next couple of years we need to start changing our list as a number of the players will retire at the same time.

From last night Birss,Hayes and Fisher I think will retire. Birss has been a fantastic player for us but his knee has meant its time to call it a day.
Hayes and Fisher have been great servants of the SANFL but its time.

Think we have to look at a couple of other current players as harsh as it may sound to be moved on as we need to free up some money to recruit some good young players 
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by billrobs1 Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:46 pm

No coaches report in the weekly members email again.

I am guessing MM you dont see the need to explain the teams performance to the members? Maybe even your own performance perhaps?

I think we are all fascinated to know how we can beat top four sides and then lose to the bottom side with virtually the same list.....please explain.

billrobs1
billrobs1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:42 pm

The major reasons why we have  been so inconsistent this year

1. A poor preseason
2. Poor recruiting. 

3. THE WANT OF THE PLAYERS. THEIR MIND SET HASNT BEEN RIGHT ALL YEAR

Some new blood needs to be injected into the playing group next year

Last edited by Lachlan on Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeO9 Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:46 pm

I agree with most of the criticism, especially on Alleway, but I got to give it to Glenelg. Their first quarter was stunning. I thought we would still win, but West's mistakes, which I thought had disappeared since Unley (I thought North played their best game of the season against us) and undisciplined play throughout the rest of the game cost them.
I sympathise with Mickan. His coaching abilities haven't been tested much this year. How can you know how and where players should perform when they aren't kicking and hand-balling straight and dropping marks.
The pleasure I've had in watching them beat Port and Sturt is equal to the disappointment with their poor skills in most of the games this season.
LukeO9
LukeO9

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Post by billrobs1 Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:50 pm

Sorry Lachlan, I can't understand how the points you mention are to be blamed for inconsistency.

I would accept them as reasons for being consistently bad but we have had numerous halves of footy this season when we have played at a quality level associated with teams in the top 2 on the ladder.

I like many others want to hear an explanation from the coach.

Whilst there were many who did not like his game plan you just knew what you were going to get with Collins and many of the most inconsistent players this season were consistent performers under him....why?

billrobs1
billrobs1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next