Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WEST V BAYS.

+8
whispy
blackandred
Lachlan
westborn
Mypaspective
Wolf Pack
Thiele
aldo russian
12 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

WEST V BAYS. Empty WEST V BAYS.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:41 am

Maybe we forget all match ups this week and worry about picking our best team. No other team in the SANFL worries about matching up with us.  Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

WEST V BAYS. Empty Re: WEST V BAYS.

Post by aldo russian Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:52 pm

Maybe our best team depends on getting our match ups right.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1358

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:40 pm

West will be without a first-choice defender for its game against Glenelg on Sunday.

Needing a win to stay in the race for the top five, the Bloods will miss the presence of reliable backman Jake Wilson, who is out with an ankle injury.

His role has been filled by Brett Turner on paper, but whether Turner lines up at full back where he has been named remains in question.

Forgotten ruckman Daniel Webb and key defender Josh Ryan have also been added to the Bloods’ 23-man squad.

F: Green, Bates, Karpany

HF: Anderson, Middleton, Beech

C: Batley, Stevens, Noble

HB: Rankine, Burgess, Hill

B: Agostino, B. Turner, J. Evans

R: Parrella, Keough, Schiller

INT: Porplyzia, Wasley-Black, J. Ryan, Laube, Webb

IN: Webb, J. Ryan, B. Turner

OUT: Wilson (ankle)

Reserves
Hupfeld, Waite, Haysman, Pillion, Peter, McPherson, L. Ryan, Kirk, Eastman, Heitmann, L. Evans, I. Johnson, Dunkin, Majok, O. Johnson, G. Turner, Osborn, Halkias, Fairlie, Jaensch, Lynch.

Under-18
Caruso, Dalgleish, Haysman, Gilbert, Earl, Groom, Milde, Stakic, Morelli, Boylan, Rana, Thilthorpe, Georgiadis, Neumann, Nunan, Westley, Hocking, Tuckwell, Kent, Chamberlain, Tierney, Sinderberry, Henty-Smith, Kennedy, Wulff.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 668

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:47 pm

Another wasted year
So what are the excuses now
Does everyone get along or is there trouble in the house
Someone not doing there job
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:19 pm

The wheels have fallen off!!!
Hopefully we can turn it around next year.
Since the flag, we have been garbage. Plain and simple.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 797

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:42 pm

Cummon u guys get real. Don’t be so negative.

We have always known that this season we needed to have all of our best players on the park to be competitive. As soon as our main forward target, Mason, pulled out today we were always going to struggle.

My personal hope at the start of the year with a new coach & cap restrictions was to win 7or 8 games this year & hopefully that will still happen with 3 games left. I would consider that progress over the past 2 seasons.

We have shown some good improvement in many games, even in some losses. Our attacking quick game style is exciting but we haven’t been able to sustain it for 4 qtrs. Admittedly some of our poor football is unwatchable.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 372

Back to top Go down

Post by westborn Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:55 pm

I think our list is stronger this season, compared to our last two. We lost a good chunk of the premiership team remember so it takes time to rebuild. I think we're on the right track but need to recruit better; and yes, I know we have no money.
westborn
westborn

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:36 pm

Sturt won a flag in 2016
Won a flag in 2017
And will play finals again this year.
They have lost players along the way!
We won a flag and have finished bottom or close to it since.
Not good enough.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 797

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:46 pm

We need to find another Chris Burgess, he is our only tall defender that can take a mark. Both Wilson and Ryan are more dour defenders who spoil the ball.

Burgess is also our only tall forward other than Middleton that can take a mark.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1024

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:06 pm

The last 2 weeks we have been murdered at the centre bounce. On small ovals like Norwood and Glenelg this spells disaster. We need midfielders who can get the ball out. Parella is improving. He gets his hand to the ball but cannot put it to advantage.

Today at Glenelg we couldn’t take a mark in the forward line to save ourselves. Middleton didn’t play and that left a huge hole. After a terrible second Q where we couldn’t kick a goal Burgess was sent forward and in the third took 4 marks and kicked 3 goals. Well done him. Injuries to Beech and Noble didn’t help. Logan Hill worked hard all day. Aaron Anderson did some good stuff.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 255

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:40 pm

We were never in the hunt today.
Our ball use once again was very ordinary.
Burgess Best, Anderson second, daylight third.

We simply don't have enough quality league footballers.

I think we have a quality coach he just needs to be given GREATER Talent to work with.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by whispy Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:14 pm

Hotdip wrote:Another wasted year
So what are the excuses now
Does everyone get along or is there trouble in the house
Someone not doing there job
I heard there are big problems off field with one particular person who needs to move on. Gavin Colville must be wondering why he took the job on with what he has to work with...again, off field problems.
whispy
whispy

Number of posts : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:03 pm

Awful. Again, no midfield. Again, disgraceful disposal. Some players would be good footballers if they could kick, but they can't and so they aren't. There are guys getting 30 touches out there and putting 25 of them down the opposition's throat.
I think it's now time, with finals gone, to stop giving games to players who keep making the same mistakes or who aren't giving enough consistently. Get some valuable game time into some players who may improve us.
I don't think we've helped Connor Noonan, Elliot Dunkin, Gibson Turner, Isaac Johnson or Keelan Laube by dropping them after their first game (first available game in Johnson's case.).
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:10 pm

I agree with Aldo that our skills today were really poor. We also felt the absence of talls Wilson and Middleton, then losing Noble and Beech.

Burgess was excellent, Josh Ryan did a good job and Andre Parella continues to improve.

It"s clear we need to recruit strongly and our financial position has improved to a stage where we can do this now.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2181

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:39 pm

Aldo you are spot on.

Dunkin,I.Johnson, Laube and perhaps Fairlie should play the last 3 games.

Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodntars Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:48 pm

Lachlan wrote:Aldo you are spot on.

Dunkin,I.Johnson, Laube and perhaps Fairlie should play the last 3 games.

Yep agree. As much as I love Porps and Webby, unfortunately their time has come and it is probably time for them to step aside and let those mentioned above show us what they’ve got.
Bloodntars
Bloodntars

Number of posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:29 pm

From the coach's report:
"Our skill level is a longer term challenge. Ultimately, we will need to decide whether individual players can in fact improve in this area, or whether we need to find others to take their place."

I'm encouraged by these words, but they would make a large number of our players nervous.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:28 pm

Josh Scott has accepted a 2 match ban for rough conduct involving John Noble, and is contesting a further 3 match ban for the same charge involving Jono Beech.
Interestingly the SANFL site describes it this way:

"Conduct: Carless"

If only John H. Ellers was still involved at the Bay.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeO9 Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:28 am

There seemed to be something missing last week, more than just Wilson and Middleton.
LukeO9
LukeO9

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:25 am

Luke09 --the #1 defender and #1 forward out of a very young side will tear a hole and disrupt any team. Having said that some younger players need to grab not waste oportunities

Thought Gavins coaches comment were right on the money especially the need to turn over players if thier skills are proven not up to league standard

I see us as being in year 1 of a 3 year rebuild with a considerable amount of young potential league players but they must put thier hand up when given the oportunity --- a great example of what i mean is young burgess who has moved himself from fringe league status at best to first selected league player status

I have great confidence for the future under Gavin and his coaching panels leadership

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1045
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum: