Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Final after party

+3
Lee Harradine
TAAARS
7 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Grand Final after party Empty Grand Final after party

Post by TAAARS Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:10 pm

On the westies website it says for entry to the clubrooms after the game you must show your2015 membership badge,westonian badge etc. I have no problem only letting members in however can someone at the club please advise if your membership card is also ok for entry? Reason being I and I guess many others wouldn't know where that tiny badge is but are members (for many years) just the same. Also what about spouses,partners,etc who may not be members (may not even like footy) etc. Surely each member can have one non member accompany them inside the clubroom. Probably will be necessary to get them home if we win.
Can someone in authority please post above answers and ensure security is aware of the rules on the night.
I for one would be very peeved if I was refused entry over a piece of tin or couldn't take in my partner.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

Grand Final after party Empty Re: Grand Final after party

Post by Lee Harradine Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:25 pm

Good questions and I'll find out the answers. I would think a membership card should be fine.

I also think partners should be OK, but I'll check and get back.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2226

Back to top Go down

Post by 618315 Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:32 pm

I rang Club this afternoon with a similar enquiry re my 14 year old son. He is a Junior member but does not have a badge. I spoke to Scott and he was going to mention these concerns to the Venue Manager. Hopefully kids and partners are allowed entry to the Club on the night.

Number of posts : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:54 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:Good questions and I'll find out the answers. I would think a membership card should be fine.

I also think partners should be OK, but I'll check and get back.
was going to ask same thing as my wife is not a member but loves the club
blacky

Number of posts : 252

Back to top Go down

Post by redstripe Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:44 pm

I too have misplaced my 2015 badge - furthermore I would like my wife who is not a member but supports me and the Club - to be a part of the celebration should we win - just like she did in 1983.  I have my membership card.   Looking forward to the getting the ok for both of us and all others in the same predicament to be permitted entry to the Club.
redstripe
redstripe

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by JCL Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:06 pm

I would have thought the Club would want as many people as possible to be in the club rooms and spending money rather than restricting access. Can't wait for the game and hopefully we'll be celebrating that night.
JCL
JCL

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:35 am

Like most here my wife and I have also misplaced our members badge but both have members cards (used over the bar to get members prices) are these OK for entry.
testy
testy

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:33 am

OK, with help from the Club, this might answer some questions:

Your member's card will be sufficient for entry. However, if you go to the Club this week and show your membership card, they'll give you a new badge if you want one.

Now that we've leased the top floor to the Billiards and Snooker Association, we don't have access to the top floor, so there's a capacity of only 500 in the club. Bearing in mind the Licensing laws, etc, it restricts the numbers allowed in the club. It is likely that members will be allowed to have one guest, but the club doesn't want the situation of members being denied access if the club is full, while non-members are allowed.

The Club website will have details.

Please note, however, that the celebrations will be centred around the Mound Bar and the oval, which will be accessible to everyone.

On a personal note, the more people who sign up as members, the better. Anyone signing up this week for next year will have membership rights immediately.

If we don't get the result we want, come along anyway to support the players and help the club.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2226

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:25 pm

Found our badges, but did ring the club like many others to be told as Lee has said the plastic members card will get you in to the clubrooms.
testy
testy

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down