Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2015 GRAND FINAL Westies v Eagles.

+16
bruce cameron
mailman
billrobs1
redstripe
bundy
aldo russian
Bloodntars
firstblood
frenchy
TAAARS
Thiele
captainblood
Wolf Pack
Lachlan
merrick
westiesforever
20 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2015 GRAND FINAL   Westies v Eagles. Empty 2015 GRAND FINAL Westies v Eagles.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:38 am

Thoughts for this week.

In Harts, Fielkes, Hill and Taite.   Out Agostino inj, Brind inj and two more.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

2015 GRAND FINAL   Westies v Eagles. Empty Re: 2015 GRAND FINAL Westies v Eagles.

Post by westiesforever Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:22 am

Reckon Milne will be unlucky if Harts is back, tough one to call on who drops out for Silverlock but whoever it is will be super unlucky. I reckon it'll be out of Homburg or Haysman unfortunately.
westiesforever
westiesforever

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

2015 GRAND FINAL   Westies v Eagles. Empty Re: 2015 GRAND FINAL Westies v Eagles.

Post by merrick Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:43 am

If we win a grand final , the players that got us there should get a medal, even if they miss this game, thanks u young guys that came in today , ive been a supporter for 50 years to every game  the only games in the last 10 that ive missed is the ones at Centrals oval as I live at Morphett vale, I don't want to loose my car,.Play that sort of footy and u will beat the eagles.Just stop that Jarrod, good luck guys , and a young lady ( Kathey Grose ) a true westies supporter that  has found out she has lung cancer that never smoked in her life hope she will be there.
merrick
merrick

Number of posts : 93

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:55 am

Selection is going to be very difficult this week that's for sure.
However that's the way it should be.
I thought Milne was very good in defence and his decision making
and ball use was first class

Really need Hartlett to play and he and Keough need to stand up against
Wundke and Ainger this week if we are going to win.

We can beat the Eagles we just need to bring the same intensity
and self belief like we did against Central

PEOPLE ONLY REMEMBER WINNERS
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1023

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:48 pm

Can Milne and Hartlett play???
Milne gives us a second option if Wundke and Ainger get on top.
He can also go forward and kick goals. He kicked 4 against the Eagles in round 1.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 796

Back to top Go down

Post by captainblood Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:27 pm

Great win, now the selection headaches begin.
One bloke who we must keep in my opinion is Milne.
He has the capacity to play both ends of the ground and gives us some flexibility and a different look when trying to tackle Ainger and Wundke.
Harts, Keough and Milne can all be used in various combinations if one player is getting dominated.
Middleton and Milne can also rotate and play that tall forward. We got nothing out of that position in the 2nd semi.
Keough could also become an option and given a run in the forward line if we're in trouble; if Milne is selected.

Really need to get our run going this week, don't allow the Eagles time to set up and get that zone of theirs in place. Still thought we over possessed the ball a touch, need to get the ball out of the stoppages quickly and into the open field.
If we chip the ball around in the back line we will get punished but if we're prepared to run and work hard we'll be hard to shake.

PS..Wasley-Black when your in range have ping mate, you're a long kick.
Go Bloods.
captainblood
captainblood

Number of posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:38 pm

Bloods poster in the paper Thursday

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 668

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:09 pm

How many Grand finals have we been in since our last premiership 3? Bloody hell gotta be due to win one. No pressure on us unlike the Eagles who would be expected to win. Hope we can ruin there day! I reckon we will if we play 4 committed qtrs.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by frenchy Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:18 pm

TAAARS wrote:How many Grand finals have we been in since our last premiership 3? Bloody hell gotta be due to win one. No pressure on us unlike the Eagles who would be expected to win. Hope we can ruin there day! I reckon we will if we play 4 committed qtrs.

This is number 4? 1991, 2003, 2012 now 2015.

I only vaguely remember 91, but this feels like the best chance we've got. Won't be easy but it's doable.
frenchy
frenchy

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:20 pm

So we get stuck using the small cricketers change rooms on the Western side while the Crows and Power rooms remain unused and empty. I believe it's not the Power or Crows fault but some other mob who run Adelaide oval..
The Eagles get the large visitors room at the Southern end and i suppose they were first into the Grand Final and deserve that room.
But it's happened though the entire finals for other SANFL teams as well.

Just seems crazy that there are 2 good size rooms not being used.
firstblood
firstblood

Number of posts : 414
Job/hobbies : The light keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodntars Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:56 pm

AGLES
Woodville-West Torrens ruckman Marc Borholm is a shock omission with injury ahead of Sunday’s SANFL IGA League Grand Final against West Adelaide at Adelaide Oval.
The former Bloods bigman will cruelly miss the most important match of the year after being diagnosed with a fractured tibia in his leg.
Borholm suffered the injury during the first term of the Second Semi-Final and despite playing the entire match, was only able to train at ‘’30-40 per cent’’ on Wednesday night.
‘’The fact he was able to play the whole Second Semi-Final showed how courageous he is,’’ Eagles coach Michael Godden said.
‘’He tried to train on Wednesday night but was just not able to go to the standard required for a Grand Final.
‘’We’re all really devastated for him as he’s fought so hard for his spot in the team. His absence will present a challenge for the whole group.’’
Former Essendon rookie Fraser Thurlow has replaced Borholm in the centre square while Tom Whittlesea – the Eagles’ best in the Reserves Second Semi-Final – could also play to lend a hand in the ruck.
Reserves Magarey Medallist Matt Appleton, Joe Sinor and Giles Ellis have also been included in the 23-man squad to replace knee victims Angus Rowntree and Angus Poole.
Premiership midfielder Scott Lewis will play his 150th SANFL match after making his debut with West Adelaide as a teenager in 2005.

F: N. Hayes, Wundke, McGregor
HF: Schwarz, Ainger, Allmond
C: C. Hall, Lewis, Martyn
HB: Goldsworthy, Thompson, Jarrad
B: P. Raymond, Von Bertouch, Giuffreda

R: Thurlow, Petrenko, Boyd
INT: Whittlesea, Batley, Appleton, Ellis, Sinor

IN: Thurlow, Whittlesea, Appleton, Sinor, Ellis
OUT: Rowntree (knee), Poole (knee), Borholm (leg)

WEST
West Adelaide is set to be boosted by the return of star pair Adam Hartlett and Taite Silverlock for Sunday’s SANFL IGA League Grand Final at the Adelaide Oval.
Both struck down by soft tissue injuries during the major round, Hartlett and Silverlock proved their fitness at training on Wednesday night.
Hartlett, named at centre-half back, injured his quad in the first term of the Second Semi-Final while Silverlock strained his hamstring in the second half of the Qualifying Final.
‘’Adam came up really well at training and is ready to go,’’ West football manager Andrew Marks said.
‘’Taite got through the whole session and they have both been given the all-clear from our physio which is positive.’’
Defender Logan Hill and goalsneak Aaron Fielke have also been included after missing the Preliminary Final due to having concussion from separate incidents in the Second Semi-Final.
‘’They have been checked throughout the week and last night (Wednesday) and are all OK to play,’’ Marks said.
McDonald’s SA Under-18 players Jack Agostino and Jadyn Brind – who made his League debut in the Preliminary Final – are the unlucky players to miss out at this stage, with two more to be trimmed before the bounce.
‘’It’s very difficult for them to miss out,’’ Marks said.
‘’They certainly didn’t do anything wrong last week, we’ve just opted to select the experienced players who have done the job all season.’’
Key forward Daniel Webb, originally from Flagstaff Hill, will play his 100th SANFL match in the Grand Final after making his debut for the Bloods in 2009.

F: Haysman, Webb, Fielke
HF: Green, Tuck, Beech
C: Hill, Stevens, Schiller
HB: Porplyzia, Hartlett, Wasley-Black
B: Caire, Keough, Helbig

R: Willits, Schmidt, Snelling
INT: Anderson, Milne, Homburg, Middleton, Silverlock

IN: Hartlett, Hill, Fielke, Silverlock
OUT: Agostino, Brind
Bloodntars
Bloodntars

Number of posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:19 am

So in the 3 games against the Eagles this year we've had, in total, more scoring shots than them (63 to 61) but kicked fewer goals (34 to 39). It kind of suggests accuracy in front of goal could be a key, especially seeing that our only win came when we kicked 15.5.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1356

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:20 pm

Bloods by 39pts
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 460
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodntars Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:21 pm

Fark this week is dragging.
Bloodntars
Bloodntars

Number of posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:16 pm

Bloodntars wrote:Fark this week is dragging.
Yep
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 668

Back to top Go down

Post by redstripe Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:59 pm

We have the team to do it - and do it well
Go the mighty Bloods!
redstripe
redstripe

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:19 pm

West by 5 goals. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by billrobs1 Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:57 pm

Still can't believe we are playing in a GF. So excited!!!

A fair dinkum chance.

I believe in our guys and think we will get up by 2 goals.
billrobs1
billrobs1

Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by mailman Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:28 pm

all we have to do is start well and not have to play catch up football. remember they only beat us by 14 points last time and they are weaker now. but in saying that do not not underestimate them. go you bloods you have done us proud . will be there supporting loudly. 32 years is a long time.a lotof us are getting a bit old in the tooth to wait for another flag.
mailman
mailman

Number of posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:32 am

It is, but we're almost there. The meet the players in the mall today will build the anticipation even more. It's imperative that every Westies supporter get to this function and the game tomorrow. The players and the club deserve nothing less. It's also important that we all wear the colours and be in good voice. The players need to know we're there.
Go you Mighty, Fighting Bloods
May the Force be with you
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:18 am

If your bored and sick of waiting, watch this video... All the highlights of West Adelaide's 1983 season. Also take note of how Richmond oval looked like back then Smile

firstblood
firstblood

Number of posts : 414
Job/hobbies : The light keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:16 pm

It's time for the West Adelaide Football Club to win a Premiership.
We can beat the Eagles if we take the game on from the first bounce

I strongly believe we can win
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1023

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:36 pm

Lachlan wrote:It's time for the West Adelaide Football Club to win a Premiership.
We can beat the Eagles if we take the game on from the first bounce

I strongly believe we can win

I agree with you lachlan, with our ins and there outs this is a great chance to come home with the bacon. I feel confident we can win and am very excited about tomorrow, I wish the players all the best.
testy
testy

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by redstripe Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:02 am

Really enjoyed the 1983 highlights reel that was posted by First Blood.  The style of game looked faster and more exciting than the AFL is now.  I know I am showing my age when I say - "just man up and make the other guy compete" instead of this zone rubbish.  If the Crows and Freo had gone to man on man they might have had a better chance!  Furthermore I would really like to see the statistical research that proves that hand pass links of 5 or 6 around centre or half back significantly improves the probability the chances of scoring a goal.  Seriously - does any one know of a reputable source that addresses this issues If so please post the source details to this forum so I can follow up and get some better understanding of current game theory.  So much for rant!   Go Bloods for Premiers 2015!!!!!
redstripe
redstripe

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by merrick Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:29 am

I was there in 83 lets hope im smiling in 2015 come on BLOODS just do it.
merrick
merrick

Number of posts : 93

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum