Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WEST V Port.

+10
Mypaspective
LukeO9
firstblood
billrobs1
Lee Harradine
brodlach
aldo russian
Lachlan
Bloodntars
Thiele
14 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WEST V Port. Empty WEST V Port.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:31 am

Thoughts for this week.

Out -  Middleton and Jimmy.
In -  Klemke and ???????   Newell, Wong, Schott, Johnson or Hampton.

Time to stand up and get a good win. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

WEST V Port. Empty Re: WEST V Port.

Post by Thiele Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:16 pm

Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 669

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:27 pm

Watchman in for Nelson. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodntars Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:29 pm

Noticed Middleton listed as a test so hopefully he pulls up ok. Jesse Watchman is listed as missing the season so we are in a bit of trouble. Need to scour the amateur and country ranks for a ruckman as Hopton is probably next and is more of a key position player anyway.

The side I'd like to see start

F: Fielke, Hardy, Stevens
HF: Beech, Middleton, Green
C: Silverlock, Schmidt, Schiller
HB: Anderson, Klemke, Wasley-Black
B: Caire, Hartlett, Helbig
R: Willits, Tuck, Porplyzia
Int: Homburg, Hill, Johnson

If Middleton not fit, maybe a Jennings, Newell, Turner or Hampton to come in and Hardy to chop out in the ruck when Willits needs a coupe of minutes rest (that Middleton would hopefully do).
Bloodntars
Bloodntars

Number of posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodntars Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:32 pm

Second Team wrote:Watchman in for Nelson. Shocked Shocked Shocked

According to this, Watchman is done for the season

http://www.sanfl.com.au/league/injuries/

WATCHMAN, Jesse Shoulder Season
Bloodntars
Bloodntars

Number of posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:56 pm

We are getting injuries to key players at a crucial time in the season.
I saw the Nelson incident and it was dumb

Fingers crossed Middleton plays.

Webb,Nelson,Solly and Watchman. All Ruckmen/ forwards unavailable

I hope Keough plays this week

Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1025

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:29 pm

Methinks Willits might be accepting the reprimand and not challenging it.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1361

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:29 am

I believe Keough has a broken big toe?
brodlach
brodlach

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:32 pm

Willetts 150th this week

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 669

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:58 am

Good luck to the boys today from Geirangerfjord, Norway.

A win before the bye is vital.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2181

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:58 pm

Random Thoughts.

1. WTF.
2. Well done to Brucey on a great 150 games.
3. Went in with lots of injuries and got some more.
4. Hope Nelson learns from being reported.
5. Can't see why we had every big man in defense for parts of the third quarter.
6. Really missed Tucky and Greeny today.
7. Kicking and handball skills by established players were average at best. If you run out of defense you should be able to kick it to our advantage.
8. Tough day out for the new kids.
9. 32 to 60 inside 50s makes it hard to win. Having said that Hardy was all over the ground which defeats the idea of getting a good forward into the club.
10. The bye is needed to get us back on track.
11. Hello to all the people in Geirangerfjord . Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by billrobs1 Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:59 pm

1st qtr some of the best sanfl footy I have seen.

Don't want to talk about the rest other than to say thanks to:
Porps
Harts and
Keough
billrobs1
billrobs1

Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:18 pm

I heard that the Port coach wasn't happy about the size of the visitors change rooms at City Mazda... perhaps he should have a good look at the visitors room at Alberton before whinging about ours.
firstblood
firstblood

Number of posts : 414
Job/hobbies : The light keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:20 pm

Went into the game with our weakest side this year however that's no excuse for our worst performance of the year.

1. We only had 32 tackles for the day which tells me we didn't put enough pressure on the ball carrier
2 We lacked intensity around the contest which allowed Port to break too many tackles
3 We weren't prepared to run both ways
4. Need to recruit another key defender next year
5. After 1/2 time we played a 7 and at times an 8 man defence with Porps and Hardy spending time there
6. Hopefully Fielke hasn't hurt his ankle too seriously
7. Nelson,Tuck,Ezard,Milne and Green available after the bye
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:40 pm

Lack of height was a concern today.
With Webb,Nelson,Solly,Klemke,Watchman,Milne
and Francis ( U18 carnival) all sitting on the sidelines it makes things very difficult.

Stevens,Porps,Schmidt and Hartlett were our best
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:19 pm

I am indeed at Gierangerfjord, ST. Just been on a spectacular drive to a mountain lookout.

Apart from not getting the 2 points, from afar today's result means roughly zero.

I look forward to getting our U18 lads back, along with the injured players.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2181

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:32 am

I don't expect us to beat AFL teams. I don't know why we play them.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1361

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:09 am

Aldo

Agree with you 100%
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeO9 Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:54 pm

Just an addition to the comments above.....one particular umpire seemed not to know about the new rule "a free kick is awarded against any player who makes forceful contact below the knees of an opponent (does not apply to smothers with the hands or arms)." A particularly serious occurrence of this infringement was missed in the first quarter. Not only was it not paid to Hampton, but he was penalised for a high tackle...you gotta be kidd'n me!
The same umpire again did not pay this free in last quarter, that time against a Port player. Both players appeared to be hurt from these clear violations.
I don't like complaining about the umpiring. After mentioning their horrible performance at the South game, I refrained from commenting on the holding-the-ball decision not given at the end of the Norwood game. But I have to comment on yesterday's instances. The new rule was brought in to counteract a trend at the time to take away a players advantage and to protect players that now have the potential of gaining substantial contracts. I can accept that this rule took a while to get use to and that it can be difficult for the umpires to adjudicate, but the instances I mentioned were clear and can only be attributable to incompetence.
LukeO9
LukeO9

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:09 pm

Come on guys, short memories. Adelaide have never beaten us & we have faired pretty well against Port in the past up until yesterday.

Take into consideration our unsettled side yesterday. No Nelson, Tuck, Green. Milne & also no Francis, Snelling , Haysman & Agostino plus Feilke copped an injury half way through. Our best forward line players in Feilke & Greeny were sorely missed. Also a couple of the other boys were carrying injuries & struggled.

Yes we were out worked & they were certainly faster yesterday after qtr time but hopefully after the bye we can regroup & get back to our early season form. I thought it looked like last Sunday's really tough game against Norwood had taken its toll.

Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 372

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:38 pm

And throw in Jimmy Ezard as well from last weeks side.

4 changes for any side would always be a big problem and we have to keep this in mind.
The FERALS were loaded with numerous AFL players and with the player losses we had it was always going to be a hard task to win.
With luck we should have a few back for our next game at prospect and the return of the "baby bloods" the week after.

testy
testy

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by captainblood Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:09 am

testy wrote:
And throw in Jimmy Ezard as well from last weeks side.

4 changes for any side would always be a big problem and we have to keep this in mind.
The FERALS were loaded with numerous AFL players and with the player losses we had it was always going to be a hard task to win.
With luck we should have a few back for our next game at prospect and the return of the "baby bloods" the week after.

That's the trouble with this current set up.
Power reserves are always going to loaded with AFL players. It's their seconds team and that's never going to change. Apart from being professionals against part timers it's the make up of the team where they have a real advatage IMO.
They have drafted tall of late and a lot of these are really mobile players. Team like ours just can't get that much size and quality into one squad. Plus their few top up players aren't scrubbers.
Don't get me wrong,we have a nice team and our juniors are some of the best I've seen in ages but they'll be gone next year.
I'm getting more and more concerned about the unfair nature of their inclusion in the comp but that's an argument for later.
I do hold high hopes for our team but the bye hasn't come quick enough.
We looked out on our feet and undermanned last week. Hopefully the sore players are freshened up and we start getting our complete squad settled. The under age champs have hurt us this year (good luck to the boys.)
North at Prospect is not a happy hunting ground and we now need some wins on the board.
We need to finish top 3 at the end of the minor round to have a decent crack this year.
captainblood
captainblood

Number of posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:03 am

LukeO9 wrote:Just an addition to the comments above.....one particular umpire seemed not to know about the new rule "a free kick is awarded against any player who makes forceful contact below the knees of an opponent (does not apply to smothers with the hands or arms)." A particularly serious occurrence of this infringement was missed in the first quarter. Not only was it not paid to Hampton, but he was penalised for a high tackle...you gotta be kidd'n me!
The same umpire again did not pay this free in last quarter, that time against a Port player. Both players appeared to be hurt from these clear violations.
I don't like complaining about the umpiring. After mentioning their horrible performance at the South game, I refrained from commenting on the holding-the-ball decision not given at the end of the Norwood game. But I have to comment on yesterday's instances.  The new rule was brought in to counteract a trend at the time to take away a players advantage and to protect players that now have the potential of gaining substantial contracts. I can accept that this rule took a while to get use to and that it can be difficult for the umpires to adjudicate, but the instances I mentioned were clear and can only be attributable to incompetence.

For those who haven't seen the incident... i did a short recording of it.. judge for yourself. If you want a better look, click on the [ ] icon (full screen) near the bottom right to see if the Port player have eyes for the ball only? As i posted on TFSA, should this be a reportable offence?.

firstblood
firstblood

Number of posts : 414
Job/hobbies : The light keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:39 pm

Looks even worse on the replay.
That umpire should be dropped this week.
Cannot believe a free kick was awarded to the diving Port player.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 797

Back to top Go down

Post by loppy19 Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:51 pm

I hope the club is making a formal complaint about the umpiring, Hampton could have sustained a broken leg, ACL or any other type of serious leg injury. The umpiring is a JOKE, worse than ever before. But then again the SANFL in general has gone downhill, so why wuld that be any different.
I must admit to beign confused, was at Alberton when the Magpies played their "last" game. Went on Saturday and saw the Magpies and their reserves team as well along with Port fans carrying on that they were supporting the Magpies and not the Port Power reserves. The whole concept is a JOKE, and the comp is compromised with 8 teams having one set of rules, the Crows another (more or less as what was required) and the Port Power reserves basically making up there own rules. Call me antiquated, old school non-visionary or whatever, but it is a farce.
Will never ever attend another West vs Crows/Power game again. Don't care what anyone says, a comp is a joke unless all teams have the same rules and salary cap.
loppy19
loppy19

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next