Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West vs Adelaide

+9
merrick1
TAAARS
ccrump
blackandred
loppy19
aldo russian
Wolf Pack
brodlach
Thiele
13 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

West vs Adelaide Empty West vs Adelaide

Post by Thiele Thu May 18, 2017 8:01 pm

WEST
West Adelaide’s ruck division has received a boost with the return of Daniel Webb for the game against Adelaide on Saturday.
The versatile bigman replaces Chol Majok in the centre square, with the latter squeezed out of the 23-man squad with Hugh Haysman.
Reliable defender Jack Agostino has overcome hamstring tightness while impressive teenager Izak Rankine is back after playing state basketball last weekend.
Utility Josh Stevens will be hoping to survive the cut from the extended interchange bench so he can make his Macca’s League debut.
League
F: Fielke, Watchman, Rankine
HF: Turner, Middleton, Bates
C: Batley, K. Stevens, Hill
HB: Wasley-Black, Klemke, Burgess
B: Caire, Keough, Green

R: Webb, Schiller, Schmidt
INT: Carger, Karpany, Agostino, J. Stevens, Favretto
IN: Agostino, J. Stevens, Webb, Rankine
OUT: Haysman, Majok
Under-18
Alaeddin, Boots, Baker, Caruso, Challis, Crump, Dunkin, Eichner, Fairlie, Fazzalari, Gulliford, Gutsche, Hannagan, Laube, McCulloch, McFarlane, Rana, Rugari, Satanek, Smith, Walton, Westley, Wright.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 668

Back to top Go down

West vs Adelaide Empty Re: West vs Adelaide

Post by brodlach Thu May 18, 2017 8:06 pm

Probably the best team put on the park this season. Can only hope for a win but Jenkins in for the Crows is a bugger
brodlach
brodlach

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Thu May 18, 2017 8:29 pm

brodlach wrote:Probably the best team put on the park this season. Can only hope for a win but Jenkins in for the Crows is a bugger

Agree that this is our best team of the season so far and Jenkins is a worry and Cheney back strengthens their backline. Jenkins hasn't played SANFL since 2012!!!
Still think we can jag a win this week. We need a forward to kick a few!!
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 796

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Thu May 18, 2017 10:08 pm

If Haysman's been dropped I think that's very harsh. There are several I believe who should have been ahead of him for a run in the Reserves.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1356

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sat May 20, 2017 6:15 pm

We played some really good footy to half time.
However, 14 goals to 3 after half time is not good enough.
I have noticed that some of our most loyal supporters are not coming along as much now..

I'm baffled how this club can be 2 wins and 22 losses since the premiership.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by loppy19 Sat May 20, 2017 6:26 pm

2nd half was a joke, set shots from 20metres out resulted in 0.3 from 4. We have no gear changes and our 1st 2 quarters were good but as soon as challenged, pretty much the entire team vanished.
Disposal by foot was atrocious, Schiller is not good enough and tilutns it over every time.

Worst team in the comp comfortably, not surprised fans are not coming to watch us get rolled every week for the last 2 seasons....
loppy19
loppy19

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Sat May 20, 2017 8:07 pm

When the Bloods were cheered off at half time, leading the Adelaide Crows by 7 goals to 2, they must have thought their work was done. They had tackled and pressured the Crows into error in the first half and taken their chances up forward to dominate the contest. How could we possibly lose from here?

But in the second half the Crows reserves booted 14 goals to our 3 to run out easy winners 16.10 to 10.10. Our tackling and pressure fell away allowing the Crows to dominate the centre through Scott Thompson and Reilly O’Brien.

We were still in front at 3Q time but failed to score a goal in the last while the Crows booted 7.

The game was won by them and lost by us in the centre. 202cm O’Brien had over 50 hit outs and Jenkins, who also booted 4 goals, would help out occasionally, the both of them feeding Thompson.

Schmidt again was our best followed by K Stevens. Schiller fought hard, mainly in the first half. Middleton, in his best game since the 2015 GF took 6 strong marks and booted 3.3. A graduate of the Daniel Webb Goal-Kicking Academy, he let himself down with poor kicking from set shots and could easily have had 6.

Bates looked good all day. Rankine had a quiet one. Batley started well but, like plenty of his mates, was largely unseen after half time. Keough had his usual strong game. Klemke and Agostino dropped out of the 23.

Today we played some of our best footy of the season (in the first half) but fell well short against a more professional, bigger, fitter and more skilful outfit.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 254

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 20, 2017 9:09 pm

Don't know why you waste your time with these dribble reports. Nothing you write has ever suggested that you know anything about football.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sat May 20, 2017 9:22 pm

I thought we played some good footy in the first half but also thought we were allowed a lot of space by Adelaide. I thought Stevens was far and away our best player. Schmidt tired in the 2nd half, understandably. I also thought Karpany was pretty impressive. Bates is, I think, just about our most talented player.

We get run over too easily though, and I think part of that is we are nowhere near physical enough. We have several players who exert no physical presence. And there's a real lack of authority in defence, where several players are not good enough in man-on-man marking contests.

We need some midfielders, we need some talls, we need some players who can kick. And we need a win - that's 13 losses in a row now.

aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sat May 20, 2017 9:24 pm

Second Team wrote:Don't know why you waste your time with these dribble reports. Nothing you write has ever suggested that you know anything about football.

You could always write one and explain the game to us.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sat May 20, 2017 9:34 pm

It's unreal to think how far we have plummeted.
Our players make so many mistakes it is ridiculous.
Key forwards missing goals from 25m is a joke.
I have never seen a team turn the ball over more than we do.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by ccrump Sun May 21, 2017 7:19 am

I also thought Karpany was pretty impressive. Bates is, I think, just about our most talented player.

Agree 2 disagreee
Karpany needsss 2 understand
If u burn people who can walk a goal in n decide to kick it
u kick it.1st n3rd quater
Agee Bates is talented
So clean when he touches
Schmidt prom only the other 1 who the same
ccrump
ccrump

Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Sun May 21, 2017 12:10 pm

Second Team wrote:Don't know why you waste your time with these dribble reports. Nothing you write has ever suggested that you know anything about football.

Reckon might have something to do with the "Daniel Webb goal kicking academy" remark somehow? lol!
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by merrick1 Sun May 21, 2017 2:03 pm

I don't go to see the footy , I go for the BBQ
merrick1
merrick1

Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Mon May 22, 2017 10:10 am

blackandred wrote:When the Bloods were cheered off at half time, leading the Adelaide Crows by 7 goals to 2, they must have thought their work was done. They had tackled and pressured the Crows into error in the first half and taken their chances up forward to dominate the contest. How could we possibly lose from here?

But in the second half the Crows reserves booted 14 goals to our 3 to run out easy winners 16.10 to 10.10. Our tackling and pressure fell away allowing the Crows to dominate the centre through Scott Thompson and Reilly O’Brien.

We were still in front at 3Q time but failed to score a goal in the last while the Crows booted 7.

The game was won by them and lost by us in the centre. 202cm O’Brien had over 50 hit outs and Jenkins, who also booted 4 goals, would help out occasionally, the both of them feeding Thompson.

Schmidt again was our best followed by K Stevens. Schiller fought hard, mainly in the first half. Middleton, in his best game since the 2015 GF took 6 strong marks and booted 3.3. A graduate of the Daniel Webb Goal-Kicking Academy, he let himself down with poor kicking from set shots and could easily have had 6.

Bates looked good all day. Rankine had a quiet one. Batley started well  but, like plenty of his mates, was largely unseen after half time. Keough had his usual strong game.  Klemke and Agostino dropped out of the 23.

Today we played some of our best footy of the season (in the first half) but fell well short against a more professional, bigger, fitter and more skilful outfit.

What is it with the very personal attack on aplayer.
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 460
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by The Axis Tue May 23, 2017 10:18 pm

bundy wrote:
blackandred wrote:When the Bloods were cheered off at half time, leading the Adelaide Crows by 7 goals to 2, they must have thought their work was done. They had tackled and pressured the Crows into error in the first half and taken their chances up forward to dominate the contest. How could we possibly lose from here?

Bates looked good all day. Rankine had a quiet one. Batley started well  but, like plenty of his mates, was largely unseen after half time. Keough had his usual strong game.  Klemke and Agostino dropped out of the 23.

What is it with the very personal attack on aplayer.

Well said Bundy. Personal attacks achieve nothing and I doubt would be done if the author of such wasn't behind an alias
The Axis
The Axis

Number of posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed May 24, 2017 1:03 am

Criticism of a player's goalkicking is hardly personal abuse. As for using an alias that's what most posters use, including those complaining

Personal abuse rules generally apply between posters, as has been stated previously.

We suggest personal grievances are left behind. We're 0-6, so constructive criticism is to be expected, as is the alternate view.

Blackandred's summaries are looked forward to by many losters.
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamo Wed May 24, 2017 5:40 am

People need to see the bigger picture!
Westies is more than a Football club to me, It's Family
We all hate losing but if we keep improving the Wins will come Smile
Win Loss or Draw Red Black for Life

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
RED BLACK 2015.
Jamo
Jamo

Number of posts : 189
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager Timber Wholesale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 25, 2017 1:14 pm

https://youtu.be/vFqC7rhWmXE

Hoping to catch up soon Black and Red.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down