bruce cameron
Lachlan
aldo russian
8 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

South v West Empty South v West

Post by aldo russian Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:01 am

Whether we finish this miserable season with a win or our 13th loss in a row, our team selection is bewildering. Meline gets special praise in the coach's report and is then dropped. (Mind you Karpany, who didn't get a touch in the first half, also got special praise for 'team acts'.)
Ed Allan, who's been ignored for most of the year presumably because they've decided he's not League standard (which I wouldn't dispute), gets picked in the squad for the last game. What's the point?
Lovell isn't good enough to make our side?
Lemmey goes back to play an U18 final? That's more important?
Redfern couldn't crack the side because of our 'midfield depth'?
I can't see the logic in any of this.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1056

Back to top Go down

South v West Empty Re: South v West

Post by Lachlan Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:51 am

Aldo

I couldn’t agree more with your post.

Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 811

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:36 pm

Lachlan wrote:Aldo

I couldn’t agree more with your post.

Ditto
Yep! Illogical and bewildering.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 259

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:18 pm

I think you’ll find Meline is in the 2s only because of the final next week.
However, I agree that team selection this year has been poor
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 556

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:39 pm

Aaaand yet another loss to complete another wasted Season. Disgraceful, from the Board down. (I don't include the volunteers or even necessarily the players, you know what I mean.)
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 266

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:44 pm

An utterly disgraceful performance to end a wasted year. The club cannot expect us to keep watching this. That is by far the worst collection of players I've ever seen represent us. I never want to see us that bad again. The club needs a massive shake up/clean out in many areas.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:03 pm

Three seasons ago, in a year where we won 8 games and the auditors noted a pleasing improvement in the club's finances, the Nominations Committee replaced several passionate club stalwarts from the Board, several who were lifetime supporters and volunteers, people who bled West Adelaide.

They were replaced by the sponsor and several business people, most of whom have already left, along with most of the staff and the CEO.

We've had a new Football Director, new Football Manager, and new fitness manager, with a high injury rate and no recruiting of any great worth at all.

It is sad to see us playing now and I sympathise with the players and coach, as they've been let down, not just by the Board, but also by the Club powerbrokers.

We're still expected to keep quiet and be positive.  That's the problem, not the solution.

The Nominations Committee now has to assess a couple of positions that will come up.  It will be interesting to see whether they think key KPIs have been met and, if so, how.

And whether they apply the same KPIs they did 3 years ago.

Supporters need to stand up and demand better or the future of our proud club is bleak.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 1573

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:10 pm

I have to agree that performance was woeful. Totally non competitive.

This year has been WITHOUT question one of the WORST by our club.
We have gone BACKWARDS if that’s at all possible.
We are an AMATEUR league side playing in the SANFL
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:13 pm

There is a positive!!!
We don’t play again for 6 months.
That was the worst 18 games of football I have seen from the WAFC including a pathetic goalless game at home.
As a member, I hope that we get an opportunity to hear from The Coach and The Board at some point during the off season.

Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:28 pm

Wolf Pack wrote:
As a member, I hope that we get an opportunity to hear from The Coach and The Board at some point during the off season.
Well, we hardly heard from them through the Season, and what we did hear was mostly platitudes. We probably won't hear from them until they are asking for money again.
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 266

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:05 am

I think it’s clear that we are missing real West Adelaide people to help steer the club out of the mess we are in.
Glenelg - Peter Carey and Nick Chigwidden on the Board.
Eagles - Club Champion Luke Powell is CEO
Norwood - James Fantasia and Justin Staritski on the Board.
We lack passionate Bloods people.
We have become an irrelevant club under the Current Boards Watch.

Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:09 pm

This is what our President said prior to the start of the season:

‘I know that 2020 has been a challenging year. Enough has been written about that already. Our focus now must be on making 2021 a success. Everything is in place for that to happen. We have a stronger, more robust platform from which to launch our campaign for next season’.

I think 2021 was even worse than 2020!!
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:28 pm

This year has been worse than 2020. We have been UNCOMPETITIVE bar 2 games.
We went backwards if that’s possible.

Our Recruiting just needs to get it done.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:24 pm

It’s difficult to think of anything positive while you’re freezing your nuts off on the mound at Noarlunga, watching another ordinary performance from the Bloods. Many will disagree but it’s not all negative for the broader football club.
Our Reserves finished in fourth spot and will play finals and our U18s won their semis down the Bay in another impressive performance. Get out and support them in their finals campaign. Let’s hope for another 2014 result for this young group.
Add to this our ladies team playing in the Grand Final earlier this year.
Now, while I agree with a lot of what has been said above I’m not inclined to put all the blame on the Board. I say this because at the beginning of the year the Board had been very proactive in putting in place a framework for an improved 2021. This is their role after all. There was an urgent need for some sort of circuit breaker after such a poor 2020. This was provided in the form of a new coach who came to us with excellent credentials. We tried for a marquee player, came close, but that never eventuated. Still, there was extensive recruiting, quite an achievement for a bottom side. We were all feeling pretty good at the time. I’ll leave it to the experts to assess what went wrong from that point but things actually went backwards. We were told skill levels would improve. We were told we would play a more direct style that would result in more goals being kicked. These things never eventuated.
Our key recruit ended the year in the Reserves. Only Murphy and Gore could be considered successful over the season. Recruiting can be very hit and miss at the best of times but we need to think big in 2022. Look at Gibbs and Broadbent at South, Douglas and Puopolo at Norwood.
It’s important now that the club is accountable for such a poor result and (again) takes action to improve things in 2022.
Go the Bloods.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 210

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:04 pm

Whilst it is fantastic to have the Reserves and Under18s playing finals footy, that has absolutely zero impact on our League Team for 2022.

Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:41 am

Wolf Pack wrote:

This is really important. Having driven away many supporters with our last few years' performances, the club now needs to maintain contact with its members with updates to give us some reassurance that major work is being done to improve us, to rekindle interest in disaffected supporters and to satisfy the need for information about our club during the long off season. You really can't give members too much info.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:16 am

Long term supporters have repeatedly offered help and been ignored.

Some Life Members don't feel welcome at the club any more.

Criticism is seen as being disloyal, not seen for what it is, a wish for a higher standard.

There's a lot of work to do.

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Bottle Top Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:33 pm

What a bitter disappointment.
West Adelaide Members voluntarily relinquish control of their club to unelected SANFL stooges.....3 years later here we are.
Bottle Top
Bottle Top

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:45 pm

In our last game, we only had 8 West Adelaide juniors in the team and even that count is generous.

Our last premiership had double that.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum