Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round v Port Adelaide

+7
bludntars
blackandred
GoBloods
Wolf Pack
Lachlan
aldo russian
Lee Harradine
11 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Round v Port Adelaide - Page 2 Empty Re: Round v Port Adelaide

Post by Lee Harradine Mon May 23, 2022 1:14 pm

We don't normally get such a crowd for a normal game we play in our zone. 2000 would have attended due to the Russell Ebert factor.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2180

Back to top Go down

Post by Bottle Top Mon May 23, 2022 1:48 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:We don't normally get such a crowd for a normal game we play in our zone.  2000 would have attended due to the Russell Ebert factor.

fair enough I guess,
I was thinking that playing the crows (albeit a reserves team) in the country would drag in a few more then the 1000 odd that turn up at Richmond for crows games
Bottle Top
Bottle Top

Number of posts : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Mon May 23, 2022 2:48 pm

Couldn't be worse. The crowd for the last game with them was 1122 and that includes all players and officials.

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2180

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Mon May 23, 2022 3:02 pm

blackandred wrote:Carmichael is good but his disposal is suspect. Kicks around corners - needs to straighten up.

This has been noticeable since his debut. I wonder if any of our several coaches have told him to stop kicking around corners. He is a very powerful kick though, in the mould of Bruce Lindner and is still our best player, along with Brand.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1356

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Mon May 23, 2022 5:18 pm

This week against South will probably be Carmichael’s last game for us anyway. Mid Season Draft is next week.
If he goes, that leaves a huge hole in the middle,
At least there is financial compensation now. $10,000 I believe.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 796

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Mon May 23, 2022 9:25 pm

Wolf Pack wrote:
At least there is financial compensation now. $10,000 I believe.

But do they give you room in the salary cap to spend it?
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1356

Back to top Go down

Post by Coolie Tue May 24, 2022 10:04 am

Gotch has been quoted in the paper as saying " We kept at it but with a bit of experience, shape and THAT AFL METHOD, they were able to get it back on their terms"
Just what is "THAT AFL METHOD" except to go across ground blah blah blah.  If he identified it on game day, what did he do to counter it?
My observation of the game (and I was there) was that  we played our best footy when  we ran straight,  moved the ball quickly, kicked long when needed and started to find targets.  NO to and fro across the oval that has constantly led to turnovers.  
This anal fixation on the AFL way is IMO the undoing of some of our games - put simply we do not have the talent or experience to play this style consistently enough - so why b... persist.
I came home pleased with our effort (albeit another loss) but at least with played good honest footy.
Coolie

Number of posts : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Tue May 24, 2022 1:09 pm

Coolie wrote:
My observation of the game (and I was there) was that  we played our best footy when  we ran straight,  moved the ball quickly, kicked long when needed and started to find targets.  NO to and fro across the oval that has constantly led to turnovers.  
This anal fixation on the AFL way is IMO the undoing of some of our games - put simply we do not have the talent or experience to play this style consistently enough - so why b... persist.
I came home pleased with our effort (albeit another loss) but at least with played good honest footy.

Coolie, I agree. Hopefully we play in a similar fashion against South at Noarlunga. They have been decimated by injury, so this might be a winnable game if we take the game on. Starting well will be paramount. We certainly cannot afford to give South a 4 goal head start, like we did against Port.

Go Bloods
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2