Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West v Central

+6
loppy19
bruce cameron
Thiele
aldo russian
Lachlan
Wolf Pack
10 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

West v Central Empty West v Central

Post by Wolf Pack Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:42 pm

So with Adelaide beating Sturt we are on the bottom again.
A loss this week and we will probably collect a third straight wooden spoon.

I think we can beat Central this week. They will be without Hoskin who is their best player and always has a day out against us.

Lovell, Maguire, Redfern and Hupfield in.

Ellem, Sinderberry, Karpany, Morrish out.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 796

Back to top Go down

West v Central Empty Re: West v Central

Post by Lachlan Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:54 pm

My Team against Central

FF Beech Ellam Gore
HF Johnson Keough C.Fairlie
C Boyle Stevens Chamberlain
HB Murphy Duval Dunkin
FB Elliot Ryan Hill

1st R Taverner Squire Lovell
2nd R Ellam Meline Maguire

INT Anderson,Meline,Fejo,Maguire

In - Johnson,Maguire,Lovell,Fejo
Out - P.Fairlie,Morrish,Karpany,Sinderberry

If Johnson doesn’t play I would bring In Redfern
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1023

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:00 pm

I'd go with that side lachlan. I think Ellam had his best game last round and because his mobility is greater than Hupfeld's that's a factor for Elizabeth Oval. Also I don't think you could ruck Hupfeld.
I'd almost think about bringing Johnson back via the Reserves, because while he's kicked a couple of goals I don't reckon his form's been great. A 4-point game this one.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1356

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:19 pm

West Adelaide has regained a star midfielder for its clash with Central at X Convenience Oval.

Former Hawk Kieran Lovell has overcome his hamstring strain to be named inside the centre square.

He will be joined by debutant Ronald Fejo, who will use his pace on the wing after being recruited from NT club Wanderers.

Fellow recruit Mitch Maguire will return to half-forward while Jade Cleeland and possible debutant Luke Redfern have been added to the extended interchange bench.

League

F: Gore, Keough, Ellem

HF: C. Fairlie, Beech, Maguire

C: Boyle, Squire, Fejo

HB: Anderson, Sinderberry, Dunkin

B: Hill, Ryan, Duval

R: Taverner,. Lovell, K. Stevens

INT: Meline, Elliot, Cleeland, Karpany, Redfern, Chamberlain, P. Fairlie

IN: Cleeland, Fejo, Lovell, Maguire, Redfern

OUT: Murphy (hamstring), Morrish

NEW: Ronald Fejo (Wanderers), Luke Redfern (Coolamon Rovers)

Reserves
C. Allan, Babic, Bock, De Cesare, Faulkner, Gilbert, Gordon, Haysman, Heitmann, Hupfeld, I. Johnson, J. Johnson, Kelly, Kennedy, Martin, Morrish, Patterson, Rundle, Schiller, Sherlock, Steele, Taylor

Under-18
F: Hahn, D. White, Satanek
HF: Baltagie, Young, Westdijk
C: McCormick, Burbridge, Desira
HB: Sullivan, J. Roberts, K. Roberts
B: Martin, Midwinter, Pridham

R: Steene, Thackeray, Kennedy
INT: Oates, Whitbourne, Blackwell, J. White

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 668

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:20 pm

Earlier start time on Saturday Reserves 10.55 League 1.35. Due to 7 broadcast of the game. The power is on delay

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 668

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:41 am

Finally we get Lovell and Stevens in the same side. Probably our best looking midfield for the year.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:24 am

aldo russian wrote:Finally we get Lovell and Stevens in the same side. Probably our best looking midfield for the year.

Yes, and over the next 4 rounds a perfect opportunity to demonstrate our perceived improvement. Wins against Centrals and Adelaide, and competitive performances against North and the Eagles (after recent humiliations) would suggest we have improved. Brad talked about the importance of a consistent four quarter effort. This has been our Archilles heel for such a long time. So important that we fix this.

Our best quarters this year have often come immediately following very poor ones. The optimist might suggest that this is our response to a poor effort : the pessimist might suggest that this has resulted from the dominant team taking its foot off the gas. Let's hope for some consistency over the coming weeks.

Go Bloods
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by loppy19 Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:58 pm

Another pathetic result.
2nd qtr was a joke, completely gave up and stopped doing everything needed. Lots of undisciplined free kicks, McGuire and a few others not good enough at all.
At least we are back in our comfort zone on the bottom of the ladder. Same s*** different year.
loppy19
loppy19

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:40 pm

aldo russian wrote:Finally we get Lovell and Stevens in the same side. Probably our best looking midfield for the year.
hate to see our worst
blacky

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:51 pm

As a supporter, the most disappointing thing is that we really aren’t seeing anything that would suggest we are on the way up.
I don’t think we’ve improved at all.
We sit last because we are the worst team in the comp.
Have to agree with Loppy on the 2nd qtr. It was terrible.
Our players don’t attack the contest for long enough in games. We only see it in dribs and drabs.
Skills are poor and we don’t run hard enough defensively.
Central are fairly ordinary themselves and were missing their most important player (Hoskin).
The ruck is a big problem. Taverner certainly gets ample hit outs but how many are to our advantage. He had 1 disposal for the game and has had 3 kicks in the last 3 games.

Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:53 pm

Our club's capacity to disappoint its supporters is unequalled. I stupidly thought we'd win today. Very solid performances against Port and South just teased us.
They seemed quicker (and we don't have much genuine pace in our midfield group), and had quicker hands in close under pressure. They chased us much harder or at least more effectively than we did them. We coughed it up a lot by hand and foot. We also seemed outnumbered very frequently which smacks of a lack of running hard.

Very disappointing games from several important players. Kaine Stevens was fantastic, he singlehandedly tried to pull us back into the game with sheer effort. Keough did well but should have been more damaging. Meline was good, particularly in the second half and Ryan was solid as usual. Fejo looked accomplished and comfortable at this level.

The prospect of a third consecutive wooden spoon is just dispiriting. (And not a great look on the CV of the new Board.) Please, somehow, let it be someone else this year.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:49 am

Another disappointing performance against ordinary opponents.
After 1/4 time we simply caved in. We should have been further in front at the end of the first qrt, but we missed a couple of crucial shots at goal.
SECONDLY ONCE AGAIN OUR FORWARD LINE OTHER THAN KEOUGH WERE POOR. We simply need to recruit a couple of big genuine forwards.

Kaine Stevens was best he simply carried us on his back for the whole game. Dunkin has been outstanding since moving to half back. Keough was also high in our best players however he missed a couple of goals he would normally kick.
Boyle was good, but his decision making needs to improve,he must do the instinctive thing.
Meline is doing ok as well.

How could we allow a player like Gillard kick 5 goals is beyond me.

Our midfield lacks pace and young Redfern should be given an opportunity.

OUR KEY POSITION PLAYERS SIMPLY DON’T DO ENOUGH. None of them can take a mark in a pack. Duval is the only player who can do this.

We must find 3 good quality KPP, 1 Good Ruckman and 2 Midfielders with pace.

We had 5 recruits from this year in our side yesterday and we still couldn’t win. Lovell will be better for the run. Maguire is a worry he lacks pace at SANFL Level, perhaps he needs to get fitter..

A very ordinary performance yesterday, I was hoping for more this year, but so far I have been extremely disappointed. It’s totally unacceptable.

Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1023

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:58 am

Well that was a waste of an afternoon.
Whenever we play Centrals or Adelaide we are playing to avoid the wooden spoon. These games become our finals. Next week will be, possibly, our last chance to get off the bottom as our run home is tough.
Frustratingly, our team against Centrals was one of the best we could put on the park. Only Murphy was absent due to injury. We had more than one hundred possessions in the first Q but could only manage 2 goals. We were a class above and it looked like we were cruising to victory. At Q time both teams turned around their initial efforts and the rest is history. We sat back and waited for someone else to do the hard work and Centrals bent down and got the hard ball. From that point we never really looked a chance. These games really hurt because our expectations are higher. Dunkin, Stevens and Hill our better players. Fejo looked OK. Meline getting better each week.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 254

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:19 pm

What's hurting me is that we are the laughing stock of the league and opposition supporter's are having a field day
It bloody hurts 🤬
We also have so called supporter's of our club enjoying how we are going
Time for them to get over it 😡😡
blacky

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:43 pm

It would be nice to hear from the coach this week.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:02 pm

It would be nice to hear from the (beeping) Board, and all!!! Rolling Eyes
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 366

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:46 pm

aldo russian wrote:Our club's capacity to disappoint its supporters is unequalled. I stupidly thought we'd win today. Very solid performances against Port and South just teased us.

Ditto

Bitterly disappointed again.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:06 pm

Each week, we get a report from the Under 18 Coach which is a good thing, but we haven’t had a report from the Senior Coach since the North game on the 9th of May.
I think it’s a poor reflection on the club particularly as we are bottom and headed for a third straight wooden spoon.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:20 pm

Wolf Pack wrote:Each week, we get a report from the Under 18 Coach which is a good thing, but we haven’t had a report from the Senior Coach since the North game on the 9th of May.
I think it’s a poor reflection on the club particularly as we are bottom and headed for a third straight wooden spoon.

WP, there's a report on the club's Facebook page re the South game, but not on our web page. I agree Wolf Pack, it is important that the coach communicates with members/supporters after each and every game, regardless of the result. These need to be posted on the web site even if they have been posted elsewhere.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:58 pm

8 players out with hamstring injuries at the moment. That needs looking into I'd have thought.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeme Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:31 pm

I have spoken to someone at the club asking for anything that gets posted onto facebook also be posted onto the website, hope that this will happen going forward..... but who knows what will be posted on either.
mikeme
mikeme

Number of posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down