Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team for Round 1

+6
Oldfella
firstblood
bruce cameron
Wolfman Jack
Lachlan
Lee Harradine
10 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Team for Round 1 Empty Team for Round 1

Post by Lee Harradine Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:29 pm

OK, what's your best guess at our Round 1 team:

Mine as follows:

Karpany Cleeland G Turner

Beech Middleton B Turner

Noble Stevens Waite

Agostino Levicki Willsmore

Dunkin Keough Ryan

Parella Snelling Schmidt

Int: Schiller, Batley, Wasley-Black

From memory, can't help feeling I've forgotten one or two Embarassed
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2226

Back to top Go down

Team for Round 1 Empty Re: Team for Round 1

Post by Lachlan Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:08 pm

FF Karpany Middleton G. Turner

HF Beech Keough Anderson

C Noble Snelling Willsmore

HB Dunkin Levicki Hill

FB Agostino Ryan Wasley-Black

1stR Parella Schmidt Stevens
2ndR Cleeland Schiller B. Turner

Int Cleeland Schiller B. Turner

If Hill doesn’t play Bately comes in on the half back line.

I would play Dunkin at half back as his decision making and ball use is better than Agostino.

He gives us more of an attacking opposition which I think we need.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1062

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfman Jack Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:08 pm

Lachlan, I like your side particularly Keough at centre half forward as we need more goal kicking power.
Also I like Willsmore on a wing & Dunkin at half back where their excellent kicking skills can be better utilised.
If Logan Hill doesn’t play, I would move Anderson to half back where he plays his best footy & bring Morrish in on a half forward flank - this would boost our goal kicking potential.
Wolfman Jack
Wolfman Jack

Number of posts : 107
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:17 am

FF Anderson Middleton Morrish/Karpany/G Turner?
HF B Turner Beech Wasley-Black
C Noble Snelling Willsmore
HB Bately Levicki Dunkin
FB Agostino Keough Ryan
Ruck Parella Schiller Stevens
Int Schmidt Cleeland Waite

Selections assume that Hill is short of a run. Difficult to chose between Turner, Karpany and Morrish. Karpany is the most versatile. Although Morrish kicked his 6 in the ressies, we haven't had many over the years who could do so. Turner's last effort was impressive, but is inconsistent. Difficult choice. The spine looks good
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:34 am

Wolfman Jack,

I agree with moving Ando to half back I also think he plays his best footy there.
As you say we need goalkickers and therefore Morrish should be given an opportunity.
Karpany and Ando who have played forward over the past 12 months don’t hit the scoreboard enough.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:07 pm

The League and reserves sides are up for round one on the Wesies website.

https://westadelaidefc.com.au/news/team-selections-league-reserves-round-1/
firstblood
firstblood

Number of posts : 414
Job/hobbies : The light keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:43 pm

Bloody hell FB ---- you do a full preseason and the coach does not even look at you (a 6 goal player)

Absolutely disgraceful but i blame the wanna be Kraut white anting you LOL

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1067
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:38 pm

That half-back line looks shaky.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1419

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:32 pm

I’m very surprised that both L.Evans and J.Evans have been selected, to me they struggled last year and have shown very little in the Preseason matches.
Wasley-Black and Anderson would have been my choices to fill those roles.
Both Evans boys should be in the reserves with I.Johnson and Morrish coming into the 23 man squad. They give greater Felixability than the Evans’. Willsmore and Schmidt could also play across half back.

Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:58 pm

I never believe the team released into the paper rather wait until the first bounce ----- just cannot believe 2 of our best players will start on the bench as listed.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:08 pm

Good luck and safe journey to our players at all grades for this season.

Thanks to all the backbone of the club (volunteer staff) and may you have great enjoyment from your involvement

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:29 pm

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:11 pm

three Quarter Time WA 6.5(41) PA 5.13(43)

Gibson Turner 3.1

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:49 pm

We battled hard and showed patches but Port were by far the better team and should have won by more!
Turner and Karpany were good up forward.
Middleton and Parella had 2 kicks between them and neither took a mark for the entire game🤭

Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 832

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:08 pm

We actually led by a few points in the last quarter, then it looked like a team of full time professionals against a team who'd knocked off work 3 hours before the game.

The lead was due to Port's inaccurate kicking, but considering we were annihilated in the centre clearances and our skills constantly let us down, I thought we showed a fair bit at times.

Gibson Turner is a livewire, Kenny Karpany was very good and Eliot Dunkin is a star.

One or two of our players were shown up at times, but a lot to look forward to.

Full summary tomorrow.

Can I also say how much I appreciate the many supporters coming up to say hello.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:22 pm

Given a choice you wouldn’t pick to play an AFL reserves side for your first game of the year. Packed with AFL talent, stronger, faster and fitter Port Power ressies were always going to be a challenge. The conditions didn’t help with a strong southerly blowing into the scoreboard pocket.
Having said this we were in front for a good part of the game including for a short time in the last Q before their strength and fitness wore us down with our players cramping and running out of steam. We played our best footy in the third Q and for the first ten minutes of the last but we had run our race.
PPR won the hit outs, the clearances and, most importantly, the centre.
You couldn’t ask more from Karpany and G Turner. They kicked 6 of our eight goals. Logan Hill will be better for the run but considering his poor preparation he played well. Beech tried hard, Snelling a little disappointing but worked hard and Dunkin impressive. I thought Murray Waite possibly our best over the whole game despite hitting the wall late. Not a night for big man and Parella and Middleton struggled.
Wasley Black and Batley dropped out of the team.
Our ressies went down narrowly to Sturt in the opening game.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 269

Back to top Go down

Post by The Axis Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:21 am

The game tonight showed the difference that our league has between the teams with professional full time footballers (more than half of PPR team) compared to our team with footballers that work with regular jobs/study.
Despite this we were competitive for the greater part of the game until the last 15mins where we were smashed in the centre and the floodgates gushed. We had some key players down on form tonight which hopefully will turn around. Can’t fault the endeavour though right to the end.
I thought Kenny was great tonight, probably his best game for us. I thought Murray Waite was also really good tonight and a bit stiff to not make the best list. Gibson was lively and his attack on the ball and player was very good. The 3 first gamers were also ok.
It was pleasing to see a good crowd and also many who stayed on for presentations.
One thing I did find annoying was the lack of respect from some sections of the crowd during presentations. When our ressies and league coach are giving there summation of the games I doubt it’s too much to expect people to be quiet and be attentive rather than laugh and joke about other irrelevant things. This was from a group sitting with a board member. I thought it was poor form. Looking forward to next week.
The Axis
The Axis

Number of posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:36 am

I think I'm more disappointed by last night than other posters. I thought we were very ordinary apart from about 10 minutes in the third quarter. Despite the scores, Port's superior movement of the ball up the ground made it inevitable that they would eventually convert that into goals.

I can't remember us winning one centre clearance. Our midfield was smashed. None of them had any influence on the game at all. That, at least, is a ray of hope in that you can't imagine that happening too often.

I'm surprised Middleton wasn't thrown into ruck - firstly because our rucks were giving us nothing, and secondly because he was out of the game up forward. He may at least have been able to take some marks around the ground.

Karpany was probably our best, I think, despite being responsible for the turning point (literally) of the match when he went backwards and scored for Port, the ensuing kick-in out of bounds resulting in a goal for them that started their surge. But it was going to happen at some point.
I thought Gibson Turner was always dangerous, Levicki and Ryan were very good, Levicki's first half especially and Waite got a fair bit of it.
Willsmore's a nice kick but he needs to get a few more of them.
And what happened to the idea of taking a player off when their lack of discipline costs you a goal?
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1419

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:00 am

We were outclassed all night. We were smashed in the centre and at stoppages. Parella was up against 2 ruckmen who were similar in age to him and he was well beaten, the coach gave him a rocket at 3/4 time which was justified.
Our midfield was well beaten and not one of them had an influence on the game.

I agree Willsmore needs to find more of the footy. He played on the wing, however I thought moving him into the centre square should have been made. I think he should spend more time in there so he can find more of the footy. Keough went there after 1/2 time, but had little influence.

Our endeavour was there our skill level wasn’t.

Its a must win game at Propect next week given the way we played there last year.

Weasley-Black surely comes back into the side at the expense of L.Evans, firstly he’s a better player and secondly he gives us more options.

Turner was good up forward, but we need more from our experienced players in Beech and Middleton. Schmidt could be a forward option. We only had 3 goal kickers for the night we need to find more avenues to goal.

Noble played most of the night at half forward, he plays his best footy on the wing.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:59 am

https://westadelaidefc.com.au/news/colvilles-corner-round-1-coaches-report/

Excellent Coach's Report on Round 1.

Have a look at the photo - if that's not photoshopped, it's fantastic.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:31 am

Lee Harradine wrote:https://westadelaidefc.com.au/news/colvilles-corner-round-1-coaches-report/

Excellent Coach's Report on Round 1.

Have a look at the photo - if that's not photoshopped, it's fantastic.
John Noble floating on air, he's got a leap high enough to be a ruckman. Smile
firstblood
firstblood

Number of posts : 414
Job/hobbies : The light keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down