Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ANNOUNCEMENT - MEMBERS' DRIVE TO THE TOP

5 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

ANNOUNCEMENT - MEMBERS' DRIVE TO THE TOP Empty ANNOUNCEMENT - MEMBERS' DRIVE TO THE TOP

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:59 am

A while ago I flagged that the Club would be making it possible for members' and supporters to donate towards specific needs, such as recruiting.

The Club website is now set up to accept donations for this and other purposes.

This is as per the website:

[b]The Club over the past 12 months or so has taken bold steps to solve our financial problems with the Unit Trust Head Lease which has injected much needed funds to pay old debt, a re-structure of the administration to cut $200,000 of costs and investment in football to ensure that we stay strong on the field to make the Bloods the PREMIER Club in the SANFL.

We need a combined effort and your assistance to be sustainable and successful and your contribution can make a difference.

The Club now has the facility to direct debit funds on a monthly basis (any amount from $5 or more), therefore if you wish to be involved with a monthly direct debit or donation please download the Information.

W often ask the club to recruit players, such as key position players, midfielders, etc.  Good players usually come with a $15,000 transfer fee, so the Club has to be careful and is restricted by finances in what it can achieve.

Here is a chance for all members and supporters to donate, knowing exactly where the money will be going.

Any donation at all, whether one-off or on a monthly basis, no matter how small, will give you a direct say in what we can achieve.

All comments and suggestions are welcome and I will report anything necessary to the Board and reply.

http://westadelaidefc.com.au/members-drive-to-the-top/

Last edited by Lee Harradine on Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2181

Back to top Go down

ANNOUNCEMENT - MEMBERS' DRIVE TO THE TOP Empty Re: ANNOUNCEMENT - MEMBERS' DRIVE TO THE TOP

Post by Lee Harradine Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:07 am

This could make the difference between us recruiting a very good player to round off a lremiership side or not.

I've pledged, I hope some others will also.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

ANNOUNCEMENT - MEMBERS' DRIVE TO THE TOP Empty Re: ANNOUNCEMENT - MEMBERS' DRIVE TO THE TOP

Post by wouldhe Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:11 pm

This is a great way to get real buy in from the fans to become somewhat of a shareholder. I wonder how the funds will be managed. I am assuming all pledges paid to the club would then be reported in the financial reports the club produces. Will the club be able to produce figure confirming all monies were spent in the manner the pledge was made ie: recruiting etc?

This would be very important to me if i were to make a pledge to the club.

wouldhe
wouldhe

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:26 pm

Yes, it would be accounted for, audited and reported.

Updates will be given here.

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:41 am

We're actively recruiting.

The success of this members' drive will have a direct effect on what we can do.

(I've also been asked about the situation when we recruited Brad Mangan, due to the efforts of fans and Board members and others at the time, when Brad went back to Victoria after one year.

We were reimbursed for that, so it only cost us one year's worth.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:47 am

How were we reimbursed????
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 460
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:24 pm

We received a transfer fee back.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:15 pm

From the player????Just interested not being smart.
bundy
bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:18 pm

No worries. We play a transfer fee to the player's club if they're a State League.

With Brad, Williamstown would have paid us a fee.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:00 pm

Lee

I'm definitely going to pledge some money for recruiting.
I sent you a PM to clarify one issue
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1025

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:31 pm

Can confirm what Lee said, we got a transfer fee back from Williamstown FC
Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:15 am

Cheers
bundy
bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:15 am

We're all enjoying the ride, but it's still tough to run a footy club financially.

I'd ask all supporters to consider making a pledge for recruiting, no matter how small, to keep us at the top.

PM me if any details are needed.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:31 pm

Lee is spot on
We are in an improved position but have a way to go. Any support but especially financial at any level small or generous will help significantly
Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down