Members' Election

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Members' Election Empty Members' Election

Post by Lee Harradine Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:05 am

There hasn't been any notice that I've seen for an election for our Members' Board Rep.

Presumably that means that Troy Abbott is continuing unopposed, or there's only one nomination?

If the latter, I hope it will be a long-standing member, not another 'appointed' person.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 1508

Back to top Go down

Members' Election Empty Re: Members' Election

Post by Thiele Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:59 pm

Director Appointments

It is with pleasure that we can now announce the successful candidates in the Director nomination process for the Board of West Adelaide Football and Footballers’ Clubs.

Each commencing their terms at the conclusion of the Annual General Meeting, we welcome new Directors; Bradley Abraham and Emma Grigson-Gair.

Bradley will step into the Sponsorship Director role, and brings with him a wealth of experience in both Executive and Director roles from a broad range of organisations. A lifelong member of the Club, Bradley looks forward to bringing his expertise back to the Boardroom after a five year stint as a Director from 2008 – 2013. Bradley brings a strong background in generating sponsorship and also a unique perspective on the importance of membership and engagement. Nominated for a three year term, Bradley’s valuable skillset will complement the current Directors’ expertise.

Emma joins the Board with the portfolio of People, Culture and Governance Director and will commence a three year term at the conclusion of the Annual General Meeting on February 10, 2021. The holder of a Bachelor of Arts, Masters of Health Science and Bachelor of Commerce/Sports Management, Emma brings with her a broad range of experience developed through an extensive career in both the military and government. Emma has held executive leadership roles for over 18 years and has also utilised her skills in the sporting sector through Director roles in both netball and harness racing.

At this time we can also announce that Troy Abbott will commence a further two year Director’s term as Assets and Venue Director. As the only nominee in the recent call for candidates for Member Elected Directors, per the Constitution (20.4.4) Troy will be declared duly elected at the upcoming Annual General Meeting.

Annual Report

The 2020 Annual Report is now available. Click Here

For both environmental and cost reasons, there is only a limited number of these reports available in hard copy.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 624

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:14 pm

Good to see Brad Abraham appointed.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:47 am

Has anyone seen the financial report?

I haven’t as yet so anyone give a quick rundown?
brodlach
brodlach

Number of posts : 439

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:07 pm

Hi mate --- not really answering your question i think but Financial Report on page 31 of 2020 Annual Report and actual figures at the end as per normal.

What caught my eye was the statement "For FY20, I am pleased to report that the combined Clubs will achieve an operating profit circa $844,000." seems while Covid is bad for general public is, when well managed, good for Business ??

I do not fully understand Financial Reports so like you i wait for somebody to post a rundown

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 782
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:18 pm

In broad terms, all our trading was naturally badly affected by Covid.

Membership was the same as last year, very slightly down.

We got a huge amount of Jobkeeper and other Federal and State government grants, paid no honorariums. The profit was due to these receipts and the SANFL Land Divestment monies.

I think all SANFL clubs will announce bumper results, which will help the competition.

Covid - bad for trading, a huge windfall for the Club which should reduce our interest and other costs in future.

It will be interesting to see what our budget looks like for next year.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum