Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andrew Hayes/Mark Mickan

5 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Andrew Hayes/Mark Mickan Empty Andrew Hayes/Mark Mickan

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:18 am

Andrew Hayes has been answering questions about his knee reconstruction on Talking Footy SA.

His answer to a question about our Coach was interesting and is as follows:

Mark is very intelligent and completely selfless. He's the type of bloke you can go up and have a conversation with about anything which i completely wasn't use to and most importantly he listens to the other coaches and even the players, another thing i wasn't use to. Everybody listens to what the coach says but Mark has a good balance of voicing his opinion and plans and also getting the players point of view. There has been times during the past couple of years where players have had fairly serious injuries and all of the players are constantly updated by text or email as to whats going on and how the player is going, whether this is from Mark or Andrew Marks its only a small thing but it is a nice touch. When i did my knee i was getting constant calls from Mickers and Marksy asking not only how the knee was going but how i was dealing with the whole situation. When i did my shoulder I don't think i heard from anyone (bar teammates) for at least 2 weeks. No player is bigger than a club but the most important part of a club is the players.
He is not the best coach I've had because he's a decent bloke, he's the best because he's not stubborn with his ideas and game plan, if something needs to change it will and thats what makes it obvious that its about winning for the football club not about him.

The full thread is at :

http://www.talkingfootysa.com/t2954-knee-reconstruction-andrew-hayes
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2225

Back to top Go down

Andrew Hayes/Mark Mickan Empty Re: Andrew Hayes/Mark Mickan

Post by billrobs1 Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:54 pm

Andrew sounds like a really top bloke.

Sorry but I have to ask the really hard question though....

Does a "decent bloke" like MM have it in him to delist Andrew at the end of his current contract on the basis his body just doesnt seem durable enough to cope with SANFL footy??
billrobs1
billrobs1

Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:43 pm

That's a really interesting question billrobs. I guess it might not quite be as black and white as that, i.e maybe they ask him to take a dramatic pay cut if he wants to continue.
Great to read in Andrew's post that the club is doing some of these things so well, i.e. communication with the players and looking after their welfare. Not only is it the right thing to do by the players, it will only help the club by reflecting well on it.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1417

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfman Jack Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:34 pm

Very positive comments on our coach.
Wolfman Jack
Wolfman Jack

Number of posts : 107
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamo Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:42 pm

***NO COMMENT***

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
RED BLACK 2015.
Jamo
Jamo

Number of posts : 189
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager Timber Wholesale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down