Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloods v Crows Reserves match report

+8
merrick
Lachlan
aldo russian
Lee Harradine
TAAARS
Wolf Pack
blackandred
12 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Bloods v Crows Reserves match report Empty Bloods v Crows Reserves match report

Post by blackandred Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:31 pm

Westies were totally outclassed today at Richmond by a Crows reserves side stacked with AFL listed players. Kicking 8 goals in the final Q the Crows ran out easy winners 18.13 to WA 9.4.

Van Berlo, Grigg, Ottens, Ellis-Yeoman,Lyons,Cheney were just a few of the class players who lined up against us.

The good thing about today was that it was easy to get a park. Also, some of the small group of Crows fans left as soon as it started to rain, being unaccustomed to watching footy in any discomfort. The bad thing was that the game reinforced all the negatives around having the AFL Reserves playing in the SANFL. Taller, stronger, faster, fitter and much more skilful the Crows reserves dominated a gallant Westies outfit. Having overcome early-season injuries they now have close to a full list of players available. A Crows fan told me this was easily the best team they have ever fielded in the SANFL.

As an example, the Crows had 3 players taller than 200cm:Osborn 205cm, O’Brien 201cm and Lowden 206cm. Our rucks were Middleton, 192cm and Hardy 196cm

Our best Q was the third where we kicked 4 goals to their 1 but in the last they put their feet to the floor and ran out easy winners in a one-sided contest. Westies showed some fight to come back a couple of times but they let themselves down with their poor disposal and turned the ball over from basic skill errors whereas the Crows ressies were a lot cleaner and clinical with the ball and their set plays. Westies, however, do need to take some responsibility for the mistakes they made going forward, when clear, they burnt the ball far too often.

Our guys battled against the unrelenting pressure. Schmidt was good against his old side. Schiller was in everything. We missed him last week. Klemke did some good things in his first game and should play next week. Hartlett struggled early against Podsiadley. He tried to strike up a relationship with the umpires but his negotiation skills let him down. Keogh matched up more effectively on the big Crows forward. Porplyzia, uncharacteristically, missed 2 set shots for goal in the third Q. His kicks failing to make the distance and it was left to Aaron Anderson and Kaine Stevens to chip in with 2 goals apiece in this, our best Q of footy. Beech took some good marks and Silverlock did some useful things.

No Agostino, Bonner, Willets or Homburg today.

We cling to third place having played one more game than South and Port. We simply must beat Sturt next week.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Bloods v Crows Reserves match report Empty Re: Bloods v Crows Reserves match report

Post by Wolf Pack Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:53 pm

I guess there is no point whinging about having the Crows in the competition.
We were never going to win today.
For 3 quarters I thought we were pretty good.
Hartlett looks like he will be out for a while......
Willits or Nelson in next week please.
Middleton to play forward. Hardy to play back for Hartlett.
Top 3 spot is on the line next week.......
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

Bloods v Crows Reserves match report Empty Re: Bloods v Crows Reserves match report

Post by TAAARS Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:06 pm

At a risk of being labelled a bad loser this was always going to happen one day. We could have lost by much more if the "Ravens" wanted to go for the hard ball. This is clearly a farce in my opinion and affects all the 8 SANFL teams. You never know what reserve side you will meet. Sturt got ambushed a few weeks back and now us. How can this be good for the competition when the ladder positions can be determined on the luck you have whenever you meet one of the 2 AFL reserve sides and their match day strength?
The shame of it is that our club led the charge to let them in. Who can forget our then President on TV being interviewed having called a meeting to settle the issue and the result of it.
Another farce is the TV coverage. Ch7 mainly covers games with an AFL team in it. How is this promoting the SANFL as promised? All I can see it promoting is both the AFL clubs. Instead of paying $1M/yr to 7 and with a cut to Eddie Mcguire the SANFL would in my opinion be far better off in promotion to go to or even buy out Ch 44 and use that money to upgrade their equiptment and have them broadcast up to 3 games a week. ie Friday night,Saturday and Sunday. But hell what would I know? I'm just a supporter that stands in the cold every week supporting our bloods!
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:30 pm

Many would agree with you, TAAARS.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2181

Back to top Go down

Post by 618315 Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:55 pm

Great post TAARS. I agree with everything you have said. Again, what would we know as we only stand in the cold every week, and have done for the last 50 plus years, and support OUR Bloods. Shame to all who allowed this to happen to OUR competition.

Number of posts : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:55 pm

Random Thoughts.

1. Got smashed in the hitouts and lost the clearances. Funny that.
2. West are the worst handballing team ever.
3. The under 18 kids need two to six weeks rest.
4. Blackandredandblack Keogh is spelt Keough.
5. Kicking for some in the team is average.
6. Don't think I saw one shepherd today. Teams with rubbish skills should at least be able to shepherd.
7. We should be moving towards improving our forward entries. Kicking it high to short players doesn't always work.
8. Great to see Ando doing well in the team.
9. Good start for Klemke.
10. Of the 28 forward entries how many were to our advantage.
11. Kurtze is the leagues best ruckman. If we don't bring in Willits next week we will lose and our season will go down the toilet.
12. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:18 pm

Get these teams out of the competition while there are still people around who are passionate about the SANFL.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1362

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:28 pm

Excellent, well written report again, blackandred.

Good to see Shane Birss at the game today, too.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:36 pm

Have to agree with Aldo. It's a complete farce having Port and the Crows in the SANFL
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1025

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:48 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:Excellent, well written report again, blackandred.

Good to see Shane Birss at the game today, too.

Its a bit rich patting yourself on the back for writing a good report. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Birss was just scouting Willo and Nelson for rucks for his team next year. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:10 pm

Well, ST, it was a pretty good effort to write it while watching presentations and having dinner with my brother and his wife at the time, so some praise is warranted.

Not as good as my effort in writing a report when I was in the Arctic Circle with no internet connection, though.

Then again, they tell me you reckon the moon landing was faked, so fair enough.

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by merrick Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:00 am

Lee how can we compete( GIVE ME AN ANSWARE )to this, I wont every member to on this web site to tell u guys this is not on F- ck them of and get back to the true SANFL 21 ALF listed players, they would beat the Brisband at the moment, not happy guys and so are many people who are great supporters at this game not just 2,or three heaps. They don't care ,sorry yes they do it helps themSELFS in the BIG LEAGUE. if this keeps happening ill join my local league MORPHIES.red and black.
merrick
merrick

Number of posts : 93

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:30 am

I'm with you, merrick. Yesterday wasn't a game of SANFL football played on anywhere near level terms.

Stick with us, though, we're heading in the right direction and need all the support we can get.

Last edited by Lee Harradine on Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by whispy Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:31 am

TAAARS wrote:At a risk of being labelled a bad loser this was always going to happen one day. We could have lost by much more if the "Ravens" wanted to go for the hard ball. This is clearly a farce in my opinion and affects all the 8 SANFL teams. You never know what reserve side you will meet. Sturt got ambushed a few weeks back and now us. How can this be good for the competition when the ladder positions can be determined on the luck you have whenever you meet one of the 2 AFL reserve sides and their match day strength?
The shame of it is that our club led the charge to let them in. Who can forget our then President on TV being interviewed having called a meeting to settle the issue and the result of it.
Another farce is the TV coverage. Ch7 mainly covers games with an AFL team in it. How is this promoting the SANFL as promised? All I can see it promoting is both the AFL clubs. Instead of paying $1M/yr to 7 and with a cut to Eddie Mcguire the SANFL would in my opinion be far better off in promotion to go to or even buy out Ch 44 and use that money to upgrade their equiptment and have them broadcast up to 3 games a week. ie Friday night,Saturday and Sunday. But hell what would I know? I'm just a supporter that stands in the cold every week supporting our bloods!

Spot on Taaars... i could see this coming and so could many others. We have sold our soul for the sake of a few dollars. I watched the Power v Essendon game Saturday night and if anyone says the AFL is in good shape in the way of the most stupid rules ever invented in our game, they are kidding themselves and it's filtering down through to the SANFL.
How fair is this system for the other 8 SANFL clubs with the Power and Crows involvement? As Merrick posted, if this keeps up then it's time to find an alternative hobby, i'm starting to lose interest.
whispy
whispy

Number of posts : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by JCL Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:13 am

Agreed - I've lost interest in the comp since the AFL reserves came in and the worst thing is our Club voted for it. Yesterday was a joke and our board helped create it.
JCL
JCL

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:40 am

Can anybody roughly do some calculations on what Cows team salary cap was playing Sunday and The Bloods salary cap was.and tell me its an even playing field BULL#HIT
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 460
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by beaglex Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:30 am

Yes blackandred first home game I could park close to the ground.

We were very competitive for the first 3 quarters but as I expected, with Adelaide's side, they ran away from us in the last quarter!

Can anyone from the club explain to me the reason we voted to have them and Port Power in the competition?

beaglex
beaglex

Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:00 am

The terms of the AFL sides in our competition can be varied at any time by the SANFl, so it's not binding long-term.

I can't answer your question, Beaglex, as I wasn't a Board Member at that time and the makeup of the current Board is quite different to what it was then.

To defend the Board at that time, however, there were a number of factors and promises they had to take into account at that time which have proven to be incorrect now.

I also believe West voted against one club joining at the final vote, but others might expand on that.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:03 am

The SANFL clubs can vote to eject them from the competition, but must give them 12 months' notice. So to eject them for the 2017 season they would have to notify those clubs by about November this year. I don't know what's stopping them.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1362

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down