Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reserves trial match report

3 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Reserves trial match report Empty Reserves trial match report

Post by blackandred Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:21 pm

In the context of the upcoming season the Reserves trial at Richmond today was pretty meaningless. But for those sad footy tragics longing to see a football kicked in anger this was our season opener.

Westies ran out easy winners 12.10 to the inaccurate Eagles 7.16. The Eags seemed to dominate much of the match in that they held possession but Westies were able to break free and kick quick goals on a regular basis. The Bloods conceded height and body weight but combined better as a team and were slightly pacier. Both teams lacked key forwards but Adam Grocke did make a brief appearance.

You would expect Adam Hartlett to dominate against such inexperienced kids and he did. He made the defensive zone his own through strong marking and handballs and some of his kick-offs were going 60-70 mts, albeit with the aid of a blustery wind. DeSylva, Hopton and Middleton kicked multiple goals. Ryan Anderson looked good and booted a great running goal in the 3Q and young Wong snapped a miracle major from the SE boundary line. The young ruckman Hausler was terrific and dominated the hit outs. Others to do well were Thompson, Schiller, Vick and Favretto.

Some general comments:
The oval looks sensational. It surely must now be the best in the SANFL.
The Eags senior squad showed us up a little by rocking up en masse, to support their ressies, impressively dressed in their club clobber.
There were a smattering of our senior squad there – Ezard, Caire, Webb, Macreadie, Birss – I’m sure I missed a few.
Ryan Willets dropped in.
At one stage in the last Q both teams had had 19 shots for goal but Westies had kicked 6 more goals.
Some of these kids will play senior footy this year but it’s hard to see them competing with the stronger AFL trained bodies when we play Port and the Crows.
The new covered benches are enormous. When we play South at home they should accommodate the whole crowd. Rumour has it that on a clear day they can be seen from outer space.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 254

Back to top Go down

Reserves trial match report Empty Re: Reserves trial match report

Post by Mark Beswick Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:53 pm

Injuries - Kirk?

How are Webb, Hardy, Newell going with their interruptions....?

Did Kaine Stevens play?
Who rucked?
Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:22 am

wolves wrote:Injuries -   Kirk?

How are Webb, Hardy, Newell going with their interruptions....?

Did Kaine Stevens play?
Who rucked?

Being a bit nosy there Wolves. Smile
What injuries we have with players is generally kept in house so i won't post what's wrong or how long a player is out for...
But in answer to a couple of your questions.......
Newell is ok.
Kaine Stevens did not play.
Hausler (not sure of his first name) rucked most of the game and did very well considering he hasn't trained at Westies at all.
firstblood
firstblood

Number of posts : 414
Job/hobbies : The light keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:53 pm

I hope to get to the next trial and watch the U18's for a quarter or so sunday - I like the look of some of the kids coming through - they should be very competitive (18's) this year.

We still have a few weeks to be cherry ripe anyway and I am looking forward to the new system all grades will play this year - From what I hear, it will be more attacking without throwing away what we have gained with Andy AND should be better for the spectators.

If you are not a member, sign up - we could be in for a good ride! I think you'd agree firstblood  : Surprised 
Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down