Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glenelg vs. West: Post game analysis

+8
Lee Harradine
RODH2
Lachlan
testy
Thiele
Mypaspective
dl550
LukeO9
12 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Glenelg vs. West: Post game analysis Empty Glenelg vs. West: Post game analysis

Post by LukeO9 Sun May 17, 2015 5:25 pm

Wow.
LukeO9
LukeO9

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Glenelg vs. West: Post game analysis Empty Re: Glenelg vs. West: Post game analysis

Post by dl550 Sun May 17, 2015 6:10 pm

Nice win - should make a bit of a statement to the competition at least by now.
I didn't have the chance to go due to work commitments, but would have been a beautiful day for it - i envy you guys who went if you witnessed 30 goals!

Don't have a go at me or anything, just curious , for the guys who were there - was letting through 11 goals a bit of a downside? do you think we could have improved in this area? Or am i being picky and should just be satisfied with a 20 goal win? Wink

Looking forward to the match on Friday 29th against South. Good chance for us to test ourselves against a fellow finals contender and to again show the competition that we are serious this year. Hopefully the lights won't go out Very Happy
dl550
dl550

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

Glenelg vs. West: Post game analysis Empty Re: Glenelg vs. West: Post game analysis

Post by Mypaspective Sun May 17, 2015 7:06 pm

Just be bloody happy with a massive win mate.

The frees we're GL 22 to WA 6. Work that out when we win by 20 & were first to the ball for 95% of the day.

The green maggots were terrible, especially one of them who gifted GL at least 4 goals 5 metres out by baffling frees. So on that basis I wouldn't worry about the 11 goals against. The Bays were smashed all over the ground.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 372

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun May 17, 2015 8:09 pm

Very happy with the win. Think its the first time that I have seen us kicked goals. All played well

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 668

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sun May 17, 2015 8:35 pm

I think its the first time we have kicked 30 goals in a league game since 1985, you weren't even born then JT Very Happy

Don't worry about them getting 11 goals, we got 30, pretty to watch.

Someone mentioned they were undermanned, woopy doo, we made three forced changes
from last week.

Enjoy it for what it is worth, a fantastic win from a very committed footy team. Well done to the boys.

Last edited by testy on Mon May 18, 2015 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total
testy
testy

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun May 17, 2015 8:40 pm

testy wrote:
I think its the first time we have kicked 30 goals in a league game since 1985, you weren't even born then JT Very Happy
I was 6
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sun May 17, 2015 9:55 pm

A sensational win that's for sure.

Glenelg may have been undermanned however so were we
Hartlett,Webb,Snelling,Francis,Haysman and Agostino all missing
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1023

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Mon May 18, 2015 6:29 pm

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 18, 2015 6:52 pm

Random Thoughts.

1. Great win by the club today. Four quarter effort.
2. West showed today why the Collins era was rubbish. Its all about kicking goals.
3. Having said that Keough was excellent all day.
4. Good to see that if every under 18 from last year is drafted we will be ok.
5. Why is the trainer with the nice legs wearing long shorts.
6. Love watching Anderson play football. Very hard and very skillful.
7. Feel a little bit for Glenelg.
8. Who cares about the umpires when you kick 30 goals.
9. Well done to the boys in the state team. Taite should have been included.
10. Great having multiple goal kickers in our team.
11. Next. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Mon May 18, 2015 7:35 pm

Tom Keough was outstanding yesterday and his form this year has been fantastic. He deserves to be in the state team
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Mon May 18, 2015 7:54 pm

You are right S.T. - Collins getting us into Grand-Finals, and setting up junior development was crap, just look where it has got us....... Rolling Eyes
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 366

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 18, 2015 8:37 pm

RODH2 wrote: You are right S.T. - Collins getting us into Grand-Finals, and setting up junior development was crap, just look where it has got us....... Rolling Eyes

Pretty sure we had juniors before Collins came. I think we even won premierships in the juniors before he came. As for the Grandfinal. Well that was just embarrassing. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Tue May 19, 2015 8:10 am

ST, your continuing tirades against Collo are misplaced and it's time you got rid of the chip on your shoulder.

He had 6 years and took over the worst group I've seen in my time at West. He had to take a year to get rid of most of them and keep the few good players left. He was restricted in recruiting, but took us to 2nd and third.

He left us in good shape, as we can see.

You might have your personal reasons for still harping on about our coach from 2 years ago, but I think it's time to let go.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2180

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Tue May 19, 2015 8:11 am

7.Feel a little bit for Glenelg.WHAT ST a soft spot creeping through.I Never have a warm fuzzy feeling for the opposition,after they have gloated when they have rubbed our face in their manure. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 460
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by JCL Tue May 19, 2015 8:40 am

I'm sick of reading the same repetitive nonsense ST writes about Collins. He turned our Club around from a basket case. ST obviously didn't have to put up with the seasons we had before Collins arrived, or if he did, I wonder why he hasn't continued to write about former coaches years on.

JCL
JCL

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective Tue May 19, 2015 9:28 am

Can we please move on from Collo ST. I think we know your views.

He came to the club at a time when we needed straightening out & restructure. He did a great job of setting strong foundations for our future.

The main criticism I & many others had was he coached a negative, slow & hard to watch style which drove people away despite winning.

Now we need more supporters to start turning up to watch our new attacking, high scoring & exciting style of footy. Please encourage other friends & supporters to turn up. If we all get one more to come & watch our attendances will get a real boost which of course turns into money for the club.

Where are all the prophets of doom who were questioning our choice of new coach now. Silent at this stage I guess!!!!! How things can quickly change with good recruiting, planning & preparation pre-season.

Let's all remain positive & enjoy the moment.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 372

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 9:42 am

Mypaspective wrote:Can we please move on from Collo ST. I think we know your views.

He came to the club at a time when we needed straightening out & restructure. He did a great job of setting strong foundations for our future.

The main criticism I & many others had was he coached a negative, slow & hard to watch style which drove people away despite winning.

Now we need more supporters to start turning up to watch our new attacking, high scoring & exciting style of footy. Please encourage other friends & supporters to turn up. If we all get one more to come & watch our attendances will get a real boost which of course turns into money for the club.

Where are all the prophets of doom who were questioning our choice of new coach now. Silent at this stage I guess!!!!! How things can quickly change with good recruiting, planning & preparation pre-season.

That sort of sums it up doesn't it. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Tue May 19, 2015 10:10 am

Mypaspective wrote:Can we please move on from Collo ST. I think we know your views.

No, I think this sums it up more importantly.

The real question is why you feel the need to keep harping on about a coach from 2 seasons ago?

We're playing great footy, just enjoy it.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2180

Back to top Go down

Post by billrobs1 Tue May 19, 2015 10:32 am

Mypaspective wrote:

Are you saying MM did a great job last year Myp?
Come to think of it I cant remember you coming out and saying anything positive about the coach last season? Unless you used another Pseudonym?

Credit must go to MM and all the Football Operations staff for the results so far

billrobs1
billrobs1

Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeO9 Tue May 19, 2015 11:13 am

Mypaspective wrote:

I didn't find AC's style hard to watch, but I agree it was slow and could be considered negative. I see that style somewhat as "all or none", in that if its not done well (like Norwood), it looks awful. Its a powerful style that can shut down the much more watchable free-flowing fast (fff) style. West were good at it, and got us into the finals, but not as good as Norwood. I think Norwood showed how that style was superior to the fff style in 2012-13 (i.e. Norwood vs. North 2013 GF), and when done well, it looks good.
I believe AC was right....Norwood could only have been beaten via the same style. Personally, I was entertained by West under AC.
I don't dispute the notion that AC's style drove people away. The choice then under AC, for me, was do I want to watch pretty football (like last week!) or do I want to see West win a Premiership. I enjoyed the attempt.
With a new coach comes a different style. In just 1.3 seasons MM has formed a competitive team playing good fff football. I'm glad this now satisfies all supporters and note the absence of comments on MM's performance on this years Forum.
So now the test...now that the players seem much more comfortable, as their confidence levels have skyrocketed from last year, I'm VERY much looking forward to seeing how our current team prospers against Norwood.
LukeO9
LukeO9

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Tue May 19, 2015 11:18 am

Well sad, Luke09
RODH2
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeO9 Tue May 19, 2015 11:33 am

RODH2 wrote: Well sad, Luke09
Actually I'm quite happy.

Just kidding.
LukeO9
LukeO9

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Tue May 19, 2015 1:08 pm

Some People here can make you feel sad, sometimes!!! (he said!) lol!
RODH2
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Tue May 19, 2015 1:35 pm

The next three weeks will decide how good this team is as we play
South,Norwood and Port
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Tue May 19, 2015 7:51 pm

Broken record comes to mind. Rolling Eyes

Feel sorry for glenelg, you aren't a true Bloods supporter if that is the case. Sorry my arse.

The next 3 weeks are going to be a great test for the team and I am confident we can prevail with the same team effort we have seen so far this season.
testy
testy

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next