Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club membership

+11
Lee Harradine
Jamo
Richmond Rocker
JCL
Mark Beswick
merrick
bludntars
firstblood
aldo russian
Bloodntars
Audamus
15 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Club membership - Page 2 Empty Re: Club membership

Post by Mark Beswick Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:38 pm

merrick wrote:Well mr Beswick answer my question who gets to park in the southern car park u guys on the commity. Listen I live at Morphettvale don't use the other things on the membership, so it no point now me buying one ill just get a season ticket stuff the club membership every year something is removed. All I get out of it is a sticker for my car a hat and a badge, one less member now.

I, like you Mr Merrick purchased my membership and carpark ticket (have done for many years) in 2014. I often failed to get a park owing to getting late to some games owing to game times clashing with my sons u10 games for Lockleys FC,

I also purchased an extra membership for my wife who didn't get to go to any games last year. I will be doing this again in 2015. I have always purchased my membership not for the token gifts, but to contribute to the finances of our club. I respect your decision however. The suggestion by following posters about car parking elsewhere around the ground is not yet out of the question. Perhaps???? Concerns it effects the mini-league are merited - maybe we could use the new park just before half time as a warm up?

Like the suggestions from fellow posters - keep them coming
Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:10 pm

aldo russian wrote:
Second Team wrote:
aldo russian wrote:Maybe people should look at club membership more as a way of helping the club rather than a way of getting something out of a club that's trying to right itself financially.

If the club is now financially sound with the new restructure then the membership packages should be adding value and not trying to take things off loyal supporters. This has not been thought through at all. Shocked Shocked Shocked

So you think that two weeks after an information night the club is financially secure?

Well you seem to know everything. How long will it take. A week, a month or a year? Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:12 pm

Our two memberships are not based on what we can get out of the club either, it is more a donation to the club and has been looked at that way for nearly 40 years from both myself and my wife, we also purchase one seat in the grandstand for home matches, but each to there own as to whether or not people rejoin as members for season 2015.

Message to the club, car parking is not available to officials/members at pretty much half of the clubs in the SANFL, due to the fact we have lost what was once a car park to now a useless playground that the council in there wisdom saw fit to build, opposition officials/members should be EXCLUDED from using our reduced car parking facilities. By doing this we would not have to exclude our own members from using our OWN facilities.
testy
testy

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:50 am

Second Team wrote:
aldo russian wrote:
Second Team wrote:
aldo russian wrote:Maybe people should look at club membership more as a way of helping the club rather than a way of getting something out of a club that's trying to right itself financially.

If the club is now financially sound with the new restructure then the membership packages should be adding value and not trying to take things off loyal supporters. This has not been thought through at all. Shocked Shocked Shocked

So you think that two weeks after an information night the club is financially secure?

Well you seem to know everything. How long will it take. A week, a month or a year? Shocked Shocked Shocked

I can understand how it must seem to you that other people know everything.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1356

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:37 am

aldo russian wrote:
Second Team wrote:
aldo russian wrote:
Second Team wrote:

I can understand how it must seem to you that other people know everything.

Read that back when you are not drunk. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:31 am

Looks like it's even bypassed the 'keeper and gone straight through to long stop.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1356

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:44 am

Didn't bypass all of us.

I haven't stopped laughing Very Happy lol!

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2180

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:25 pm

Just need the third member of the secret society to join in and it will be complete. Its great to see the old gang having a laugh. Shocked Shocked Shocked

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ae/Healthywealthy.jpg

Last edited by Second Team on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:56 pm

Second Team wrote:Just need the third member of the secret society to join in and it will be complete. Its great to see the old gang having a laugh. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Good to know you have not lost your sense of humour ST. Very Happy

testy
testy

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:40 pm

testy wrote:
Second Team wrote:Just need the third member of the secret society to join in and it will be complete. Its great to see the old gang having a laugh. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Good to know you have not lost your sense of humour  ST.  Very Happy

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Coorong Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:37 am

Lee Harradine wrote:Didn't bypass all of us.

I haven't stopped laughing   Very Happy  lol!

Ditto Ditto silent
Coorong
Coorong

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by beaglex Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:34 pm

I can understand membership costs can increase and don't have a problem with it. I do think that if there is an increase I wouldn't expect benefits to be reduced but at least stay the same as they were. Also with our financial issues I would expect the club would want all members to not only renew but also get them to sign up new members.

If the opposition players/officials will now be using the Southern car park, where did they parked before? Also do our players /officials get car parks at away grounds?
beaglex
beaglex

Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:48 pm

Hi beaglex

I didnt use any opposition car parks this year - Trolled the back streets or Unley, Norwood and Prospect for parks like everyone else. I didnt go to Alberton but was fortunate to have a friend at Elizabeth with parking. I hitched a ride to woody oval although I did score a carpark to glenelg oval.

So I guess the answer is NO unless being invited as an official guest to a luncheon and these are limited usually to one and a partner. Does that help?
Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:01 pm

Ditto. Always parked in the streets, but as I get there an hour and a half before the Reserves game, it's not so hard.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2180

Back to top Go down

Post by beaglex Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:37 am

Mark Beswick wrote:Hi beaglex

I didnt use any opposition car parks this year -  Trolled the back streets or Unley, Norwood and Prospect for parks like everyone else.  I didnt go to Alberton but was fortunate to have a friend at Elizabeth with parking.  I hitched a ride to woody oval although I did score a carpark to glenelg oval.

So I guess the answer is NO unless being invited as an official guest to a luncheon and these are limited usually to one and a partner.  Does that help?

Lee Harradine wrote:Ditto. Always parked in the streets, but as I get there an hour and a half before the Reserves game, it's not so hard.

So why are we offering the southern car park for opposition players/officials?
beaglex
beaglex

Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2