Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club membership

+11
Lee Harradine
Jamo
Richmond Rocker
JCL
Mark Beswick
merrick
bludntars
firstblood
aldo russian
Bloodntars
Audamus
15 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Club membership Empty Club membership

Post by Audamus Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:30 am

Memberships for 2015 are now available. The official club web site has details, but last time I looked I could not find Past Players and Officials or concession club membership details. It looks like $65 club membership with no concession and concessions for silver and bronze membership.
Audamus
Audamus

Number of posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Club membership Empty Re: Club membership

Post by Bloodntars Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:44 am

$25 increase on silver membership from last year is a bit steep but at least we get a cap this year instead of socks and jelly beans.
Bloodntars
Bloodntars

Number of posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:28 am

Last year no one at the club was able to explain to me why Gold membership had dropped from $1,400 to $900. It seemed like a very Tony Abbott thing to do. Now it's bounced back up to $1,000. Very odd.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1419

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:14 am

Audamus wrote:Memberships for 2015 are now available. The official club web site has details, but last time I looked I could not find Past Players and Officials or concession club membership details. It looks like $65 club membership with no concession and concessions for silver and bronze membership.

If you look hard enough on the website, you can find the cost of a normal membership and with concession... normal membership $65, with concession $55 up by about $10.
firstblood
firstblood

Number of posts : 414
Job/hobbies : The light keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by bludntars Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:59 am

i wonder if life members will get there entitlements in 2015 as in 2014 i started with nothing until a FEW complaints to the CEO
bludntars
bludntars

Number of posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by merrick Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:57 pm

No car park pass this year in the silver consession
merrick
merrick

Number of posts : 93

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:50 pm

One less car park owing to the newly opened playground/park
Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:34 pm

I'm sure if the kids are not around you can park on the lawn. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by merrick Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:32 pm

So who gets to park in the Southern car park then , last year lost seat in stand now no car park pass with silver concession membership. Think ill just buy a season ticket.
merrick
merrick

Back to top Go down

Post by JCL Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:41 pm

I've been a silver member for a number of years but I really can't justify the cost this year. I'll probably buy a season ticket instead.
JCL
JCL

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:15 pm

We are investigating some other possibilities for parking but will have to wait and see if it comes to fruition - We need all members to pull through with us as mentioned at the info night.
Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by merrick Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:00 am

Well mr Beswick answer my question who gets to park in the southern car park u guys on the commity. Listen I live at Morphettvale don't use the other things on the membership, so it no point now me buying one ill just get a season ticket stuff the club membership every year something is removed. All I get out of it is a sticker for my car a hat and a badge, one less member now.
merrick
merrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Richmond Rocker Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:06 am

If we had some form of public transport to Richmond Oval then you wouldn't need as many car parks. Just amazes me that this has not been pushed by our club. Its bad enough being off the main roads but to have to walk through the suburbs and around the ground to gain access is appalling for older and travelling supporters. Especially for night games.
Richmond Rocker

Number of posts : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:08 am

merrick wrote:Well mr Beswick answer my question who gets to park in the southern car park u guys on the commity. Listen I live at Morphettvale don't use the other things on the membership, so it no point now me buying one ill just get a season ticket stuff the club membership every year something is removed. All I get out of it is a sticker for my car a hat and a badge, one less member now.

The opposition players / officials can use the Southern car park.
Chatting with a fellow forum member who came up with a good idea, why not use the area behind the old scoreboard for the opposition teams, they can come in through the outer gate off South Rd,  it's a fairly large area which should accommodate opposition clubs parking that will open up more spots for members in the Southern car park, the only problem is finding a volunteer to direct traffic at the gate.
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Richmond Rocker Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:19 am

Plus if you travel from the North down South Rd you cant turn right into Richmond oval due to the worlds most useless by-pass that has been built and enters at that intersection so the entrance has effectively been cut off. There should have been a ring road around the oval to the club from South Rd.
Richmond Rocker

Number of posts : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:32 am

Richmond Rocker wrote:Plus if you travel from the North down South Rd you cant turn right into Richmond oval due to the worlds most useless by-pass that has been built and enters at that intersection so the entrance has effectively been cut off. There should have been a ring road around the oval to the club from South Rd.
Yep, a bit awkward coming from the North but it would be used for the opposition so who cares..they can crack a u-turn down Deakon Ave. Very Happy
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamo Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:02 pm

aldo russian wrote:Last year no one at the club was able to explain to me why Gold membership had dropped from $1,400 to $900. It seemed like a very Tony Abbott thing to do. Now it's bounced back up to $1,000. Very odd.

The Club lost money last year on gold memberships Sad

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
RED BLACK 2015.
Jamo
Jamo

Number of posts : 189
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager Timber Wholesale

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamo Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:04 pm

Westonian membership is the best value

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
RED BLACK 2015.
Jamo
Jamo

Number of posts : 189
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager Timber Wholesale

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:20 pm

Maybe people should look at club membership more as a way of helping the club rather than a way of getting something out of a club that's trying to right itself financially.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by merrick Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:41 pm

Maybe the club should look after its loyal members and supporters instead taking things out of the packages like changing no seat in the grandstand which I didn't use now no car park which I used  ive been going and watching this mob for last 50 years.This how to encourage people to support the club ( Silver member ). Silver member gone from $95 to $145 a 50% increase on concession big jump. Surprised

Last edited by merrick on Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
merrick
merrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:08 pm

aldo russian wrote:Maybe people should look at club membership more as a way of helping the club rather than a way of getting something out of a club that's trying to right itself financially.

If the club is now financially sound with the new restructure then the membership packages should be adding value and not trying to take things off loyal supporters. This has not been thought through at all. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:04 pm

None of the benefits of the restructure will be in place for a while yet, so it would have been irresponsible to offer what we don't yet have.

The members expect us to be financially responsible.

We lost a major car park and can't replace it out of thin air.

I suppose nembers fall into two categories, those who look at the value and those who look at the club's needs.

I am a Life Member, but also take out a Westonians membership, even though I can't be there for most of the benefits. I know a Gold Pass member who lives interstate and can't get to games, but does it to help the club.  I know members who are struggling financially, but still find enough to pay their membership every year as a priority to help the club.

We're all different and to each their own, but the club is struggling financially right now and needs all the backing from members it can get.

We'll soon be in a strong position, we hope, but we're very grateful for every support we can get from members.

It has been thought through and taking a car park off specific members is only because a car park we didn't own was 'taken' from us.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2226

Back to top Go down

Post by bludntars Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:15 pm

first blood over behind old scoreboard is where the mini league warm up etc as not enough room inside old cricket rooms as they have the old lockers that were going to be sold three years ago and got all the line marking gear so how about keeping the mini league area clear or shall we get rid of that as well as westies have lost a lot and gained nothing
bludntars
bludntars

Number of posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:13 pm

Second Team wrote:
aldo russian wrote:Maybe people should look at club membership more as a way of helping the club rather than a way of getting something out of a club that's trying to right itself financially.

If the club is now financially sound with the new restructure then the membership packages should be adding value and not trying to take things off loyal supporters. This has not been thought through at all. Shocked Shocked Shocked

So you think that two weeks after an information night the club is financially secure?
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:35 pm

firstblood wrote:
merrick wrote:Well mr Beswick answer my question who gets to park in the southern car park u guys on the commity. Listen I live at Morphettvale don't use the other things on the membership, so it no point now me buying one ill just get a season ticket stuff the club membership every year something is removed. All I get out of it is a sticker for my car a hat and a badge, one less member now.

The opposition players / officials can use the Southern car park.
Chatting with a fellow forum member who came up with a good idea, why not use the area behind the old scoreboard for the opposition teams, they can come in through the outer gate off South Rd,  it's a fairly large area which should accommodate opposition clubs parking that will open up more spots for members in the Southern car park, the only problem is finding a volunteer to direct traffic at the gate.

Brilliant idea FB

Plenty of space at the Northern end for the mini league kids to warm up. Means they might not climb up on the old scoreboard too. Someone is going to get hurt one day
brodlach
brodlach

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next