Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foxtel Cup

+8
redandblack
JCL
Bloodntars
Thiele
blacky
Mark Beswick
bundy
firstblood
12 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Foxtel Cup  Empty Foxtel Cup

Post by firstblood Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:38 pm

Just a reminder....

Round 1, West Adelaide vs. Western Storm (Tasmanian team) @ Adelaide Oval, Tuesday 29 April, 8.05pm CST

Not sure of admission prices, but one would think it would be free as it was last year, a great opportunity for those who haven't had a look at the Adelaide oval and support the Bloods.  Very Happy
firstblood
firstblood

Number of posts : 414
Job/hobbies : The light keeper

Back to top Go down

Foxtel Cup  Empty Re: Foxtel Cup

Post by bundy Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:21 pm

Storm by 10 goals. rendeer 
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 460
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:18 pm

I'm backing us in this game - We can bring some league players in for an extra game for much needed game time - Perfect opportunity for us to win and get some form
Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:34 am

Entry is free
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:45 pm

Is car parking free?
Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:23 pm

wolves wrote:Is car parking free?
i haven't been to Adelaide oval or know where the car parking is.. but i would say it would be free.
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:40 pm

I'm guessing so as well - Like footy pk, I suspect it will only be one entrance and probably members side ?
Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:42 pm

where is the members entrance at Adelaide oval
blacky

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:03 pm

I think the Southern End. Going tomorrow find out

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 668

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:37 pm

blacky wrote:where is the members entrance at Adelaide oval
Northern end would be best place to park. Hardly no parking at the Southern end.
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:29 am

Spectator entry

· Admission to the match will be free.

· Spectators can enter through the North or South gates which are open from 7.30pm. All supporters shall be directed to the Western Stand Level 1 and 2 only.

Don't ask me about car parking. Smile
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodntars Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:38 pm

From the bloods website

FOXTEL CUP PRE-GAME REPORT
28/04/2014 4:52:15 PM

West Adelaide has named an inexperienced line-up for Tuesday night’s Foxtel Cup clash with Tasmanian side Western Storm at Adelaide Oval.
With the Bloods without a win in the IGA League competition and with several senior stars hindered by injury, as many as 10 uncapped players could be exposed in the national competition.
Among those yet to make his league debut is highly-rated key position player Sam Durdin, who will play his first match since injuring his thumb earlier this year.
Touted by many as a top-10 draft pick in this year’s AFL draft, Durdin (197cm and 85kg) has been named on the interchange bench along with Crows top-up player Jye De Zylva.
‘’We’ve got a great chance for them to get seen on the national stage,’’ Marks said.
‘’Realistically Sam is someone we expect to get drafted at the end of the year so this will be a great opportunity for him.’’
Captain Chris Schmidt (irregular heartbeat), defender Daniel Caire (hamstring), Shane Birss (knee) and Ryan Anderson (ankle) are among a host of senior players who couldn’t be considered for the contest.
‘’We’ve had an injury-interrupted start to the season,’’ West football services manager Andrew Marks said.
‘’But realistically a lot of the players who have come into the side (which played Port on Saturday) have already had a taste of league football.’’
Marks said the Bloods’ Under-18 assistant coach, Brett Leonard, is from Tasmania and has connections in his home state providing knowledge of the Western Storm’s playing group.
‘’Brett’s friend has been keeping tabs on how they have been playing,’’ Marks said of the Launceston-based club.
‘’So we have a little bit of information about them which is handy.’’
West is defending its Foxtel Cup crown after defeating East Fremantle in last year’s title-decider at AAMI Stadium.
Should they win, the Bloods will face either Box Hill or West Perth on June 24.
Last year’s SANFL premier, Norwood, will tackle East Perth at Patersons Stadium on Tuesday May 27.

Words by Zac Milbank

FOXTEL CUP ROUND ONE
West Adelaide v Western Storm
Tuesday April 29, 8.05pm at Adelaide Oval
Gates Open at 7.30pm
Entry is FREE

WEST ADELAIDE
F: Gallard, Hopton, Jennings
HF: Dijksman, Kirk, Black
C: Scott, J. Evans, Newell
HB: Wong, Carter, A. Anderson
B: Male, Hudson, Agostino

R: P. Nelson, Favretto, Silverlock
INT: Durdin, De Zylva, Vick, Middleton
EMG: Watchman, Turner, Minuzzo

Bloodntars
Bloodntars

Number of posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:38 pm

Northern Car park will be open

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by JCL Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:32 pm

After seeing that team, I've decided not to go to the game. I'm not sure what the opposition is like but I can see a flogging. I'm not sure why we agreed to play if we're not going to field a reasonable side.
JCL
JCL

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodntars Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:32 pm

Get along and support the boys JCL. Tassie league wouldn't be as strong as Div 1 amateur league.
Bloodntars
Bloodntars

Number of posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:51 am

We get a flogging  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
bundy
bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by redandblack Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:36 am

Bundy, do you have a pro-forma post where you just fill in the huge margin we'll get flogged by each week?  Very Happy 

Kick the thing backwards.
redandblack
redandblack

Number of posts : 210

Back to top Go down

Post by redandblack Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:37 am

Usually we get a bye after a Foxtel Cup game. No bye this yyear and a season defining game against Central on Sunday.

Presuming we asked to be in the Foxtel Cup this year might not be totally correct, of course?

Kick the thing backwards.
redandblack
redandblack

Number of posts : 210

Back to top Go down

Post by Coorong Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:46 am

redandblack wrote:Bundy, do you have a pro-forma post where you just fill in the huge margin we'll get flogged by each week?    Very Happy 

Well we are flogged each week so it saves him from typing. Big win tonight though, youth and enthusiasm against a side from a much lower league

Coorong
Coorong

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:31 am

redandblack wrote:Bundy, do you have a pro-forma post where you just fill in the huge margin we'll get flogged by each week?    Very Happy 

Yes i have been caught out.
bundy
bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by mickhurley Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:58 pm

Is this game being broadcast on the radio where I can listen on the Internet, RPH or life FM??
Go the Mighty Bloods
mickhurley
mickhurley

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by beaglex Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:00 pm

Bloodntars wrote:Get along and support the boys JCL. Tassie league wouldn't be as strong as Div 1 amateur league.

Correct the Tasmanian side I saw tonight would not be competitive in Div 1 Amateur league.

Why did we bother to play in the Foxtel competition this year. If we were serious about playing we should have had a few more regular league players in our side tonight. Surely 5 or 6 experienced players could have been included.

As the defending Foxtel Champion team it was a embarrassing result!  Embarassed Embarassed
beaglex
beaglex

Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by JCL Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:15 pm

I agree. I know we don't have the luxury of having a bye after the game but the inclusion of a few more regular league players would have resulted in a different outcome. I'm disappointed with what was put up with tonight. I would have thought the club would be keen to advance to the next round given the poor opposition and get some more money.
JCL
JCL

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:09 am

Just one maybe two league players would have been enough to win tonight. Winning Rd 1 would have meant minimum 20K if you lose rd 2. Also winning is a habit - We needed to win even if its just for the supporters. Not happy
Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:33 pm

wolves wrote:Just one maybe two league players would have been enough to win tonight.  Winning Rd 1 would have meant minimum 20K if you lose rd 2.  Also winning is a habit -  We needed to win even if its just for the supporters.  Not happy

Seems to me members and supporters don't count. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Sharpening MY knifes at the moment hope i'm wrong.
bundy
bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next