Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West v South

+5
Wolf Pack
aldo russian
TAAARS
Lee Harradine
Thiele
9 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

West v South Empty West v South

Post by Thiele Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:15 pm

eague

F: McCormick, Corbett, Hansen

HF: N. Stevens, Ellem, Gore

C: Johnson, Morrish, Obst

HB: Laudato, Minchella, Patton

B: Sinderberry, Delahunty, J. White

R: W. Ryan, K. Ryan, Frost

INT: Searle, Squire, Bock, Park, Maguire, Tozer, Redfern

IN: Maguire, Redfern, Tozer

NEW: Kobe Tozer (Norwood/Queensland)

Reserves
(7) Joel Stevens, (25) Lachlan Tredwell, (32) Liam Westdijk, (34) Dylan White, (35) Adam Bunworth, (37) Finn Higham, (41) Sam Davidson, (42) Charlie Haysman, (45) Jack Sullivan, (47) Riley McMillan, (48) Rhys Mooney, (49) Archer Byrne, (52) Riley Hill, (54) Jack Hutton, (56) Jesse Thackeray, (57) Cooper Patterson, (58) Lachlan Williams, (59) Max McKenzie, (61) Jack Oates, (62) Alex Morgan, (65) Xavier Hampton, (66) Oscar Talbot

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 695

Back to top Go down

West v South Empty Re: West v South

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:10 pm

Must be the first unchanged side for a very long time?_
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2226

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:36 pm

Bugga,that was one game we let get away.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sun Jul 28, 2024 9:16 am

It's disappointing that yesterday was so predictable. You knew, as a long-time West supporter, that after beating a top 5 side, this was a game we were likely to drop.
I thought we were pretty bad from start to finish. I thought our midfield was down, despite Ryan winning the rucks. (By the way can someone suggest to him that when he gets the footy he looks to give off a handball instead of the blind kick around the corner?)
Ellem, Minchella, Stevens and Corbett were tall. That was about the extent of their contribution.
Our kicking was generally terrible, as were some of our choices of targets. The only fluid movement of the ball up the ground was by South.
Selection didn't help us. The continued selection of underperforming players when we do have options is baffling and costly.
I thought Delahunty and Wyatt Ryan were probably our best, and then Kobe Ryan.
Some blame the inconsistency of youth, but I don't think poor skills have much to do with your age. This was a depressing reminder of how far we have to go. We will need to rally to finish the year feeling positive.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1419

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:29 am

A really weak performance against very ordinary opposition.
There has been no significant improvement in the side from last year.
5 wins this year. 4 wins and a draw last year.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 832

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Sun Jul 28, 2024 5:15 pm

A scrappy and disappointing performance from the team in wet and windy conditions.
Our key forwards, Ellem, Gore, Stevens and McCormick managed one goal between them. Add to this young Hansen who had 2 set shots 30m out and missed both! Only Redfern, who came in for Sinderberry, was a multiple goal kicker.
Wyatt Ryan is improving with every outing. Our midfielders were smothered by South’s pressure. Park and Delahunty played well. Only Park and Johnson can be relied upon to kick long. South played the big ground well. They kicked long to tall forwards who could take a grab. Our tall forwards are clearly incapable of taking a grab and changes must be made. Tozer must replace Ned Stevens who is badly out of form.
Our run home is problematic and it’s quite possible, on current form, we won’t win another game.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 269

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomshooten@gmail.com Sun Jul 28, 2024 6:07 pm

We have some good forwards.but the problem is our ball movement is so slow by the time the ball gets to them the forward line is crowded or like with Glenelg the designated star loose man Curran is ready to intercept. Delahunty is the example of this , watching him now where he is receiving a lot of ball in the backline. Maybe he wasn't out of form at all. We should never be doing short chips with a 5 goal wind , cheap possessions has killed this club for 5 years. Finally we need to stop this eastern side boundary side obsession, all it does is stifle fast movement /scoring and stuffs up our rotations as our players can be stuck on the bench for up to 10.minutes, play the corridor instead
Tomshooten@gmail.com
Tomshooten@gmail.com

Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sun Jul 28, 2024 7:00 pm

Our speed of ball movement was and has been to slow for far to long.
We need to recruit 2 or 3 players with pace it’s another area that is a major problem.
And lastly we don’t have enough QUALITY KEY POSITION PLAYERS WHO CAN MARK THE BALL WHEN NEEDED.

Our list lacks talent to be a top side at SANFL LEVEL.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1062

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Rossetto Mon Jul 29, 2024 4:08 pm

I haven't felt as deflated after a game of football for a long time as I did not Saturday. What made things even more challenging was that the Eagles lost on Sunday, meaning we missed a chance to get within a game of the final five with three rounds to play. A lot has been said about the things we could have done better, so I won't add that. What I will say is that we really missed Sinderberry's commitment, attack on the football and general steadiness in possession.
Daniel Rossetto
Daniel Rossetto

Number of posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down