Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Message from the Coach

2 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Message from the Coach Empty Message from the Coach

Post by Lee Harradine Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:17 pm

https://westadelaidefc.com.au/news/message-from-the-coach/

A few points after reading Adam's message:

He is correct in saying success will take time. He has been given little to work with and a salary cap $50,000 less than all his opposition. An unbelievable decision, IMO.

Given that, I'd hope there won't be a word of unfair criticism of our Coach for the year. He is approaching the task in the only way he can, teaching and gradually shaping a team that might bring success one day.

It seems we can look forward to a defensive style, a la Norwood and West circa 2012, if I read correctly. Time will tell whether that style still works or has been surpassed.

Finally, is this the first time ever we've been told not to expect success on the eve of the first game?

Good luck Harts, this forum supports you 100%.

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2181

Back to top Go down

Message from the Coach Empty Re: Message from the Coach

Post by bruce cameron Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:16 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:https://westadelaidefc.com.au/news/message-from-the-coach/

A few points after reading Adam's message:

He is correct in saying success will take time.  He has been given little to work with and a salary cap $50,000 less than all his opposition.  An unbelievable decision, IMO.

Given that, I'd hope there won't be a word of unfair criticism of our Coach for the year.  He is approaching the task in the only way he can, teaching and gradually shaping a team that might bring success one day.

It seems we can look forward to a defensive style, a la Norwood and West circa 2012, if I read correctly.  Time will tell whether that style still works or has been surpassed.

Finally, is this the first time ever we've been told not to expect success on the eve of the first game?

Good luck Harts, this forum supports you 100%.

Yes, best of luck, Adam. I think realistic expectations are really important. I for one became sick and tired of hearing about green shoots and success being just around the corner, particularly when it was followed by the incongruous statement that we need to remain patient.

“I want us to be off the bottom for starters. If we could win six games this year, l think that would be a pass.”

Not finishing bottom would be a pass. Winning 6 games would be a huge result given the circumstances we find ourselves in, however, this seems unlikely unless we start to address some of our offensive issues.

All the best, Adam
Go Bloods
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down