Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West v Port

+8
blackandred
loppy19
RODH2
Lachlan
aldo russian
Lee Harradine
Wolf Pack
Thiele
12 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

West v Port Empty West v Port

Post by Thiele Thu May 27, 2021 7:11 pm

LEAGUE

F: Gore, Keough, Karpany

HF: Fairlie, Beech, Chamberlain

C: Boyle, Squire, Dunkin

HB: Murphy, Sinderberry, Anderson

B: Hill, Ryan, Duval

R: Taverner, Meline, Stevens
I/C: Ellem, Morrish, Allan, Elliot, Redfern, Fairlie, Cleeland

In: Jono Beech, Bailey Chamberlain, Hayden Elliot, Patrick Fairlie, Kenny Karpany, Tom Morrish, Luke Redfern & Stuart Taverner
Out: – Isaac Johnson (Hamstring), Patrick Levicki (Achillies), Hugh Haysman (ill), Josh Schiller & Nick Steele

RESERVES
C.Allan, Bock, De Cesare, Faulkner, Fejo, Gordon, Heitmann, Hupfeld, J.Johnson, Kelly, Kirk, Laudato, Maguire, Martin, May, Rundle, Schiller, Sherlock, Steele, J.Stevens, R.Stevens & Taylor

UNDER-18

F: Hahn, Scully, Westdijk

HF: Young, Kovacic, White D

C: Desira, Thackeray, Sullivan

HB: Pridham, Midwinter, Singleton

B: Roberts J, Satanek, Martin

R: Steene, Burbridge, Kennedy
I/C: Harkins, Baltagie, McCormick, Roberts K

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 695

Back to top Go down

West v Port Empty Re: West v Port

Post by Thiele Thu May 27, 2021 7:13 pm

Congrats Josh Ryan 50th SANFL Game

Hamish Hartlett might line up for the Magpies

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Thu May 27, 2021 8:21 pm

Our side looks weak on paper.
I’m expecting an absolute hiding on Saturday.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 826

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu May 27, 2021 9:06 pm

With great respect to Lucas Meline who may turn out to be a good player, I don't think any of us thought he'd be in the starting middle group.

Josh Schiller in the Ressies, likely affected by his injuries I'd guess.

Last edited by Lee Harradine on Thu May 27, 2021 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2222

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Thu May 27, 2021 9:28 pm

The midfield has been an issue all year.
Stevens gets plenty of it but I think his disposal has been down this year.
But he has been a fantastic player for our club and his work rate is as good as any player.
Boyle has been a great pick up!
We’ve probably seen the best of Schiller - injuries have been a big issue as mentioned.
Lovell has played 1 game.
Waite can play but never gets on the park!
Maguire is in the 2s.
Squire looks a likely type.
Just my opinion but I would play Meline at Half Back and put Murphy on ball. We need to get more out of Murphy.

Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Thu May 27, 2021 9:51 pm

If we go in with that forward line containing C.Fairlie, Karpany, Gore and Chamberlain I'm assuming we'll be going inside our forward 50 by kicking the ball along the ground.
Bit of a contrast to the top team who have Reynolds, Hosie, McBean and Pink.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1416

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Thu May 27, 2021 9:53 pm

Spot on Wolf Pack. Murphy is very creative with his kicking and should have been used on ball well before now, especially given how poor our midfield has been.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Thu May 27, 2021 10:03 pm

It would be nice to see something different this week.
Cleeland at full forward- Maybe he could clunk a few!
Murphy on ball
Keough to the back line
Redfern to get a crack. He is tough and tackles hard.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Thu May 27, 2021 10:28 pm

I have been wanting Murphy to play in the midfield all year, but unfortunately he’s never been given the opportunity.
I was hoping Redfern or Morrish would play ahead of Karpany who has had a number of chances and so far he has failed to prove he is a league footballer.
I hope Elliott gets a chance he’s been very consistent in the Ressies.
Schiller had to be dropped and along with Ellam who’s form has been very poor. Cleeland will play at FF it shows what a complete lack of options we have when it comes to Key Position Players.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1055

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Thu May 27, 2021 10:45 pm

Murphy off half back works if you’ve got the talent forward of centre such as Glenelg with their multiple key forwards. We don’t have that.
I just think he would be more damaging if he played on ball and was able to deliver the ball more inside 50.
He’s 188cm so a bit bigger body in the middle.

Disappointing to lose McKenzie who is a big target up forward.
Could be the final games for Duval and Gore. My mail is that they will be both selected next Wednesday night.

Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Fri May 28, 2021 1:59 pm

I'd rather see a couple of the U18s get elevated than recycling players we know aren't good enough.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Fri May 28, 2021 2:14 pm

This weekend, it will be as important as ever to continue to observe all COVIDSafe practices.
As all SANFL venues operate under Covid Management Plans, if you've been in Melbourne since 20 May you'll be unable to attend as per SA Health directions.
Due to precautionary measures, there will be no public access to the playing field at Alberton Oval for PAFC v WAFC. This unfortunately means no kick and catch for this week. Match access will still be as normal.
Please remember to check-in using the QR codes, and listen to directions of officials at every match too.
Can't wait to safely see you at the footy!

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Fri May 28, 2021 3:41 pm

I would have thought the likely attendance at Alberton would be Covid safe just through lack of numbers.

Just kidding..... Smile
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2222

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Fri May 28, 2021 3:50 pm

It'll be pretty covid safe in our forward 50 I reckon.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Fri May 28, 2021 5:13 pm

.....cut it out, you two!! Laughing
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sat May 29, 2021 5:57 pm

A much improved performance this week.
Port kicked 4 or 5 in a 7 min period in the third qtr and that was the difference.
We lost the hit outs , clearances and inside 50s.
We were badly let down by our forward line. Beechy had a shocker, Ellem again was disappointing and Keough was down.
We have to find a couple of big key position players going forward.
We are horribly under sized across all areas of the ground.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sat May 29, 2021 5:59 pm

On a side note, the umpiring was diabolical and Port supporters are still the worst in the competition even though there aren’t that many anymore 😝
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sat May 29, 2021 10:15 pm

I thought that was a really good performance generally. A massive improvement from the last two weeks in endeavour and skill. We found teammates much more frequently with precise kicking and seemed to find more space this week. Incredible to think we ran them so close having been smashed in ruck and, as Wolf Pack said, with Keough and Beech offering very little up forward. (And Gore and Karpany for that matter.) Garner did a number on Beechy.

Ryan was very good, Dunkin excellent, Chamberlain very good, particularly his ball use, and Kaine Stevens probably our best. Squire didn't get a lot of it but I thought he was an important presence. Sinderberry was also much improved. Murphy showed how valuable he could be if we play him further up the ground. He's a great shot at goal on the run from 50.

It was really pleasing to see how well we played for a lot of this game. It appeared that the coach worked a lot on positioning and skills because they were much better and we looked more confident for it. Some clumsy tackles and a couple of bad turnovers cost us 4 or 5 goals which was the difference.

But yes, some talls who can take a mark around the ground would help. The players should take a fair bit out of that game and give South a shake.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sat May 29, 2021 10:58 pm

I agree the performance was much better today. We were better at the contest and I thought our ball use showed improvement.
Murphy played his best game for us, he surely must be moved into the midfield. Squire,P.Fairlie and Allan are similar types and Murphy adds that touch of class we so badly miss. I really hope he gets moved in their.

I thought our defence tried very hard considering the number of inside 50’s they had.
Ryan was high in our best players and he’s becoming more confident with every game he plays.
Chamberlain showed he should be in the team for the rest of the year he uses the ball well and generally makes good decisions.
Dunkin also had his best game for sometime.

Unfortunately we don’t have a Key Forward who can take the game by the scruff of the neck.
We got smashed in ruck and it showed in the centre square.

I watched the ressies and I really think Fejo should come into the side at the expense of  C. Fairlie who battles hard but isn’t what we need.

We need to find a couple of Mids with pace.

Secondly we need to change our forward structure we lack another tall when Ellam goes into the ruck.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sat May 29, 2021 11:22 pm

Going forward, I think Cleeland should play in front of Ellem. He would provide more in the ruck.
It feels like Murphy is a little wasted at half back.
Ellem has now played 8 games. He has kicked 1 goal.
Disappointing to hear that Murray Waite is unlikely to play again this year due to injury.
Will be interesting to see who will lose in the MSD this week. I think Duval will be selected and possibly Gore.
Also disappointing to see Brett and Gibson Turner playing well for Glenelg.....
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by loppy19 Sun May 30, 2021 8:48 am

Improved effort for sure, but can’t seem to stop teams kicking 4-5 goals quickly.
Turnovers from skill errors and our centre bounce work are killing us as usual. Don’t see any more improvement in this group and if we do lose Duval and Gore we have gone backwards.
It’s always good to see ex-west players do well in good teams isn’t it? Especially when a lot of them can’t crack our league team 🤣
loppy19
loppy19

Number of posts : 167

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Sun May 30, 2021 10:12 am

A more spirited performance this week against a bigger team stacked with professional players.
We held them well except for about the last ten minutes of the third Q when they broke free. Umpiring favoured the Port Power ressies in 50/50 contests and they kicked a few goals from doubtful frees. We moved the ball well out of the backline but fell down up forward.
Murphy our best. Stevens got a heap of touches but we were smashed in the middle all day. Thought Squire was good as well as Duval, Dunkin and Ryan. Again, our best players are from the backline. Boyle was busy but gets caught on his wrong side too much.
Afraid Ellem has to go back to the Ressies. Has had his chances and been found wanting at this time. Karpany kicked a lovely goal early but just doesn’t contribute enough. Morrish was seldom sighted but maybe needs another chance. Chamberlain looks promising. He made a terrible blunder, kicking back, but is young and promising. Beech and Keough both quiet. Beech doesn’t look fit.
We will need some height to match up against South next week. Cleeland didn’t play league or ressies and not listed as injured. Any clues?
Gibson Turner kicked 3 goals for the Bays senior side.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 269

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sun May 30, 2021 11:22 am

I think Duval has had a good year but I don’t think he’s ready for AFL.
He is a very good intercept mark, however in a one on one contest he struggles. Some of his opponents have kicked too many easy goals on him.

Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Mon May 31, 2021 7:56 am

I think Duval will be selected on Wednesday night. Plays a bit like Lever from Melbourne and Ridley from Essendon.
I didn’t think Noble would make it but he has turned in to a solid player at Collingwood.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Mon May 31, 2021 10:32 am

I wouldn't be surprised if Duval went but I would be if Gore did.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next