Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

richmond Oval home for crows female team ?

+9
Lee Harradine
Lachlan
RODH2
Thiele
bruce cameron
Admin
mikeme
aldo russian
Oldfella
13 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

richmond Oval home for crows female team ? - Page 2 Empty Re: richmond Oval home for crows female team ?

Post by Oldfella Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:54 pm

I believe that we are planning/provisioning the 3 games for attendance around 10K per game = total 30k attendance over 3 games.

Given from memory (help anybody) League SANFL games average attendance is about 2.7K then these 3 games represent the equivalent of 11 League SANFL games approximately.

All goes well is a huge potential Financial boost to the Club.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1044
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

richmond Oval home for crows female team ? - Page 2 Empty Re: richmond Oval home for crows female team ?

Post by Thiele Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:55 pm

Oldfella wrote:From when I arranged for the Department of Transport to place signs on South & Richmond Roads the biggest problem is all types of street directories (electronic, online or hard copy) all retain the registered name with the relevant Government Department until they are notified and then then notify the street directories (electronic, online or hard copy) manufacturers who eventually change the name. --- Clear as mud hey.

Must look at signs next time I drive through to see what they say hmmm wonder if Club has requested Department to change --- now I am retired the Club will have to pay for the new signs & may not get it approved Hmmm.

Editted to add --- the other local signs were provided by Council so the club must approach them for change -- my only involvement with these was to act as negitiator for club with council.

This means that fans (other teams or rural) trying to attend a game just cannot find a listing for "Hisense Stadium" as it is listed in the various street directories (electronic, online or hard copy) as Richmond Oval.

Quote "I would think buying the naming rights does just that for the duration of the sponsorship" you are correct as I understand it.

Hope above helps if not ask away.
Oldfella I drive home that way after work. Yes they have changed to Hisense stadium on Brooker terrace and Kingston Avenue

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 668

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:56 pm

Thanks mate thats is good news

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:04 pm

Oldfella wrote:I believe that we are planning/provisioning the 3 games for attendance around 10K per game = total 30k attendance over 3 games.

Given from memory (help anybody) League SANFL games average attendance is about 2.7K then these 3 games represent the equivalent of 11 League SANFL games approximately.

All goes well is a huge potential Financial boost to the Club.

10K per match would be exceptional. It's our chance to shine. Let's hope we can get our act together.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:09 pm

Agreed Bruce -- if we meet the challenges then they will stay in future seasons and that's great.

I heard that apart from a few training sessions needing to be relocated that the Crows have very limited impact on the West Adelaide side.

Seems a real win win situation but time will tell

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:06 am

I noticed that the Crows Facebook page has a promotion about their game at our home ground however the call it by its traditional name "Richmond Oval"

I have asked on the Clubs Facebook site the following "Given we have a sensational Sponsor who has paid for the ground naming rights "Hisense Stadium" will the club be taking steps to get this corrected so our wonderful sponsors are appropriately recognized."

As I previously mischievously posted "If I was the relevant Board Member I would be tearing my hair out and if I was the "new oval naming rights sponsor" I would be helping him tearing his hair out as well as realigning a few ring gears --- I am sure that the Sponsors understand a long time supporters mistake but from the Press or other professional? organizations is unacceptable".

Honestly think club is in a hard place on this basically a no win situation.

Critical we try to get the TV presenters to use the correct "Hisense Stadium" name

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:50 pm

I was at Castle plaza yesterday they were adverting the Crows game and it said Hisense arena

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:49 pm

The old girl came up well on TV today

Pretty decent crowd, hopefully the club made some decent coin
brodlach
brodlach

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:36 pm

Crowd 6,400

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:48 pm

I've copied this post from the TFSA site. Doesn't sound good.

"West Adelaide's catering efforts for AFLW matches continues to be farcical.

Yesterday, the kiosk and BBQ were opened, but the club forgot to provide tills for the outlets, resulting in the BBQ operating cash only and the kiosk to delay trading. Thankfully the AFC have provided a number of external caterers.

I hate to say this, but I hope Hisense Stadium never hosts AFLW matches in future seasons following the poor spectator experience West Adelaide have provided fans this AFLW season."
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1356

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:54 pm

Edited as I misread original post.

Bad error by club --- not world ending but a bad unprofessional look.

Having said this the kiosk and BBQ have been cash only for as long as I can remember --- wondering if when they need to be upgraded to card payments.

Last edited by Oldfella on Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:07 pm

There are tills and there are card facilities, is there more to this than meets the eye, I wonder, in that a volunteer BBQ shouldn't be expected to run a CC system..........!?
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 366

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:12 pm

aldo russian wrote: the club forgot to provide tills for the outlets, resulting in the BBQ operating cash only and the kiosk to delay trading.  ."

This is the part I miss read that there were no tills for the outlets which is a major blunder.

Did not think there was card facilities in BBQ or Kiosk but pleased if I am wrong.

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:58 pm

Contrary to that original post I've also been told the AFC aren't involved in the catering at all and that there weren't any major issues.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1356

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:08 pm

Aldo, you are very correct and I may mention this to original poster on other site LOL

Since my original post I have had a few more thought too Aldo.

Given that both the BBQ & Kiosk staff open well before the bulk of the crowd arrives and I presume identified very quickly that they did not have a till then they would have chased this up with the relevant club person.

So my question is how long did this take? I was not there but does any one know how long.

While a mistake obviously, perhaps a storm in a tea cup

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by redblack32 Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:41 am

Does seem like a storm in a tea cup.
But little things like this seem to happen a fair bit at our club.

redblack32
redblack32

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:57 am

Another post copied from the TFSA site provides some balance I feel.

I attended the AC V CA match and arrived just after half time
It is the first AFLW game Ive attended

My observations

First thing I noticed was that the ground was in magnificent condition

I walked around the oval twice, trying to find someone I knew To my surprise not one person
That prob meant a new era of different people attending these matches. What I did notice is the amount of young kids that attended. It was certainly unusual too hear a few young girls barracking in a vociferous manner

There were kids sections with amusements

There was a wheelchair only section

There seemed to be enough vans and food outlets from what I saw

There were people lined up at the BBQ outlet. I didnt eat , but the BBQ at Richmond Oval is perhaps the best when I attend SANFL matches

It was a great atmosphere and it was announced that 7,000+ people had attended

Post match the oval was full of boys/girls/men/women having a kick. There certainly was an abundance of young girls having a dob

From what I observed, Richmond Oval is definitely an excellent venue to stage these games

Why has it taken so long for a womens national football league ?
It would have been nice to have this comp starting about 40 years ago , when I was a young single bloke ...

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:15 pm

don't know if its true Roo said on his breakfast show this we would get close to a Million Dollars for the 3 games https://www.triplem.com.au/story/a-million-bucks-for-4-games-roo-weighs-in-on-the-aflw-debate-157345?fbclid=IwAR1DABVKz1-hrvkk71EdR0idX2TzuiE0ebyRjc5EEhkTd0J6nsab43HtkZ4

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeme Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:39 pm

Thiele wrote:don't know if its true Roo said on his breakfast show this we would get close to a Million Dollars for the 3 games https://www.triplem.com.au/story/a-million-bucks-for-4-games-roo-weighs-in-on-the-aflw-debate-157345?fbclid=IwAR1DABVKz1-hrvkk71EdR0idX2TzuiE0ebyRjc5EEhkTd0J6nsab43HtkZ4

Roo is responding to a quote on another radio station that it would cost a million dollars to play the 4 games for the AFL. Nothing to do with westies making Money..
mikeme
mikeme

Number of posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:42 pm

mikeme wrote:
Thiele wrote:don't know if its true Roo said on his breakfast show this we would get close to a Million Dollars for the 3 games https://www.triplem.com.au/story/a-million-bucks-for-4-games-roo-weighs-in-on-the-aflw-debate-157345?fbclid=IwAR1DABVKz1-hrvkk71EdR0idX2TzuiE0ebyRjc5EEhkTd0J6nsab43HtkZ4

Roo is responding to a quote on another radio station that it would cost a million dollars to play the 4 games for the AFL. Nothing to do with westies making Money..
Thanks

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2