Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

President’s Report

+12
Coolie
bruce cameron
Oldfella
mikeme
aldo russian
Lee Harradine
blackandred
Mockingjay
RODH2
blood bath
Thiele
Lachlan
16 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

President’s Report - Page 2 Empty Re: President’s Report

Post by bruce cameron Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:26 am

Mypaspective wrote:Bruce, in accordance with the constitution minutes of Board meetings have always been kept.
They are not available for members or public consumption due to the fact that they include many sensitive & confidential matters relating to all facets of the club’s business & football affairs in addition to SANFL information (which is always kept confidential between all the club Boards & SANFL)

If any member has any matters of concern on club issues they are encouraged to contact either the CEO or the President, who I am sure will respond (if they can) with answers without breeching confidences.

I sent Ben an email concerning my query about the publication of minutes. He emailed back and invited me to phone him so that he could explain the situation. His answer mirrored the comments made by Mypaspective quoted above ie It is standard practice. Ben encouraged me to contact the club if I had any specific concerns. Although I am still not happy with the idea of a nominated board, I am pleased that our president and newly appointed CEO have made themselves available to discuss my concerns/questions. Ben also indicated that the members forum held mid season was something that should become a regular occurrence, possibly twice a season.
Hopefully we'll recruit well and enjoy a much more successful 2020 season.
Go the Bloods
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:22 am

Thanks bruce cameron glad you got a satisfactory response ---- in dealings I have had with CEO I have come to the opinion that he is a class act and more than willing to communicate with members.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1046
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:15 pm

President’s Message to Members and Supporters – November 2019
I’m happy to report that the board and management of your club is working very hard towards preparing for the 2020 season. We are continuing to recruit key players who will form part of a team that is focussed on a successful year ahead. Players are returning to training this week, and there is an air of great anticipation in the group. As I indicated in my last message, the board had included a full salary cap in our planning for next year and I am now able to let you know that this will certainly be the case. Additionally, we have confirmation that there will be three AFLW matches played at our ground in 2020.
By now you will have seen the release of our 2020 membership packages, with all the options that are available to assist you to get on board. The club needs a strong membership base for next year and I encourage you to show your support and renew early. If you are not yet a member, why not get behind the club and join the momentum that is building for next season. Additionally, invite your friends and family to be involved. We need as many vocal, passionate supporters at all our games next year.
The 31st of October was the end of our financial year. I have already reported many of the milestones that were achieved by your board and executive during the period up until that date. I know that many of you have already seen the notice advising that Ben Hopkins has now been appointed permanently as our Chief Executive Officer, but I want to acknowledge the importance of this appointment and to thank Ben for the incredible energy and dedication he has already invested into the role during the period of his secondment to us from the SANFL. I also recognise and thank the SANFL for allowing Ben to serve the club during that time. Ben’s appointment as permanent CEO will benefit our club for many years to come, I am sure.
Now that we are into the new financial year, we now start the process of preparing the official financial reports and accounts of the club for last year. We have had an initial meeting with the auditors, and they will be ensuring that your Annual Report presents a true and fair picture of the club’s state of affairs as at 31st October. Our finance department is currently completing the October reports, and then we can work towards closing off the financial year. As noted previously, last financial year is expected to show a profit reduction on the previous year’s result, caused in part by many extraordinary and unforeseen expenses. However, the board is confident of improvements in the months ahead.
As I’ve said previously, I welcome your emails and messages with your thoughts and comments about any aspect of the club. Feel free to continue to provide these, and I look forward to catching up with you soon.
Go Bloods.
Murray Forbes
President

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 669

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:37 pm

Good to see a full Salary Cap reinstated. I wonder who the people were who had been working tirelessly towards that goal previously!?
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 366

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:43 pm

And they weren't successful.Well done to new committee.
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 460
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:47 pm

It’s very good news that we now have a full salary cap. It’s now up to the Football Dept to deliver quality players to our list next year.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1025

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:17 pm

Yes, it's excellent that we have a full salary cap. Bundy, The previous Board succeeded in reducing the cap difference by $20K last year, so it was always likely to be the last $20K gone this year, so well done to both Boards.  

One reason, IMO, is that the SANFL could see that the previous Board's argument that, for the sake of a $20K saving, we would lose far more by not being able to compete fairly, had become apparent.

I'm sure the new Board continued this argument.

This is also why I suspect they've also given us 3 Crows games.

All Boards of the club work hard, so I hope the current Board takes full responsibility for the results this year.  We will all support them to improve the results in this next year.

Finally, a lot of good West Adelaide people were cast aside  earlier this year & publicly told they weren't good enough, despite improving our financial position dramatically.  If that is for the club's benefit, that's fine, but I hope the new business Board understands the heart and soul that those people put into the club over many years.

We will put our faith in and support the Board. I hope they, in turn, recognise that clubs consist  not only of business acumen, but heart and passion for our club.

Together, that's a recipe for success. Separated, it's a tough road.

Go Bloods.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2181

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:18 pm

Hear, Hear, what Lee said.
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 366

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:51 pm

As we have seen recently, no individuals are bigger than the club.

People move on for whatever reason but the club will go on.

brodlach
brodlach

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:56 pm

Hear, Hear, what Brodlach said.
bundy
bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:04 pm

Correct brodlach, nobody has said differently.

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2181

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:22 pm

Big news coming out soon
blacky

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:55 am

'Continuing to recruit key players'? I don't know how we can continue something we haven't begun.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1362

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:09 am

You’re close to the marks there Blacky

Maybe they have Aldo but not getting announced until after the draft?
brodlach
brodlach

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:14 am

Agree Blacky. Speaking to i player while shopping yesterday,was a great catch up by the way and marks my words he said WAIT FOR IT. IT IS BIG NEWS.
bundy
bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:32 pm

Think everyone is around the marks
blacky

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down