Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trial Teams for tomorrow night

+16
whispy
Mypaspective
firstblood
ccrump
Oldfella
Lee Harradine
Admin
testy
RODH2
blackandred
brodlach
Audamus
Bloodntars
Wolf Pack
aldo russian
Thiele
20 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Trial Teams for tomorrow night - Page 2 Empty Re: Trial Teams for tomorrow night

Post by Wolf Pack Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:16 am

It's all about being ready for our first game against the Crows.
It's a little concerning that some of our key players have injuries already.
Will our best defender be right for round 1.......
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 796

Back to top Go down

Trial Teams for tomorrow night - Page 2 Empty Re: Trial Teams for tomorrow night

Post by aldo russian Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:20 pm

I think the "brains trust" (who delivered our first flag in 32 years) along with most of us know what our best 21 is. So to my mind, the only useful thing to gain from these trials is to see where the rest of the group is, and to see who might be able to step up and fill a gap if one appears during the season.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1356

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:09 pm

Things identified

1 who didnt drop thier head when going got tough.
2 fittness levels
3 who can win a position against quality oposition.

And what aldo suggested.

Whilst a disappointment overall i felt was a lot gained from the game

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1044
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by ccrump Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:42 am

Not only our key backman may not be ready for round 1
But I've heard our 2 forwards who kicked 80 between them last year won't be ready either
ccrump
ccrump

Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:11 am

ccrump wrote:Not only our key backman may not be ready for round 1
But I've heard our 2 forwards who kicked 80 between them last year won't be ready either

Think Fielkes is playing in the trial this week. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:19 pm

WEST
West Adelaide will continue to provide opportunity for its youngsters when it tackles North at City Mazda Stadium on Friday night.
The Bloods will again rest star players Chris Schmidt, Jason Porplyzia, Shannon Green, Adam Hartlett and Daniel Caire while star recruit Zac O’Brien has a personal commitment.
‘’It will be a main dress rehearsal for us next week when we play Sturt in our last trial match,’’ West football manager Andrew Marks said.
Coach Mark Mickan will continue his search for a full back to replace Tom Keough, with Ben Klemke, Justin Hardy and Josh Ryan all putting their hand up.

League
Hardy, Silverlock, Helbig, Tuck, Fielke, K. Stevens, Stubbs, Pillion, Haysman, Hill, Willits, Slattery, Wasley-Black, Klemke, McPherson, Schiller, Hampton, Vick, Schott, Favretto, Johnson, J. Evans, J. Ryan, Turner, Karpany.

Reserves
Agostino, Wong, Smithson, Jaensch, Crump, Cua, Munn, L. Ryan, Taheny, Dolling, Langcake, Inglis, Majok, Scott, Stidiford, Fitzpatrick, Male, Middleton, Cameron, Burgess, J. Stevens, Kennedy, Noble, L. Evans, M. Middleton

Last edited by firstblood on Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : player name added)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 668

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:28 pm

M.Middleton added to the reserves side.
firstblood
firstblood

Number of posts : 414
Job/hobbies : The light keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:36 pm

firstblood wrote:M.Middleton added to the reserves side.
Thanks

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:09 am

Any update on the trials against North
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 372

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:21 am

Mypaspective wrote:Any update on the trials against North

North  7 - 13 - 55
West   7 - 9 - 51

A very even contest riddled with mistakes from both sides.
firstblood
firstblood

Number of posts : 414
Job/hobbies : The light keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by whispy Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:37 am

Wasn't exactly a game full of highlights but after all it was only a trial game.

A note to who ever at the club... can some one tell Mark Mickan to vote 'NO WE DON'T WANT IT' for the last touch out of bounds free kick rule.
Some decisions last night were so confusing even the players didn't know what was going on at times.
Get rid of this stupid rule, there are too many interpretations of who touched the ball last.
whispy
whispy

Number of posts : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:09 am

Thanks for the update. How many regular league players did North have out of this trial compared to us.

Don't worry Whispy the coaches, CEO's & League Directors of all 8 foundation clubs have opposed this ridiculous rule change & have been promised the league will re-assess at the end of the trials. The umpires are confused as well as the players.

The SANFL will be editing each decision from all trial game footage to make a final decision on keeping the rule or scrapping it. At the moment it is regrettably in until enough evidence is provided to remove it.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Back to top Go down

Post by whispy Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:38 am

Thanks for posting back re the out of bounds free rule kick Mypaspective, but you would think if all the SANFL coaches / clubs think it's a fast, then surely the SANFL should dump that rule.
I think if the rules stay it could inevitably cost any team a win from a mistake from a boundary or field umpire's interpretation of the rule.
whispy
whispy

Number of posts : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:53 am

Agree Whispy. Why would they want to complicate the game more than it already is. Let's hope they come to their senses.

Their reasoning was to try to get the players to play more through the centre of the ground & reduce boundary throw ins & congestion from playing wide around the boundary. From what I have seen it is not having a positive impact at all.

LEAVE THE GAME & RULES ALONE WE ALL SAY.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:49 am

Another pretty uninspiring performance in the trial match against North Adelaide saw us go down 7.9 to their 7.13. North had much more of the play than us and we seemed a little un-nerved by their hassle and speed. The scoreline was flattering to the Bloods.

That we could manage only 2 goals in the first 50 minutes of footy in a trial game against North should be sounding warning bells. We lack key forwards and still don’t have anyone that can take a strong pack mark around goal.

The positives to come from the game were, the impressive form of Justin Hardy at full back and the goal sense of Trent Stubbs who kicked half our score. Nick Favretto booted 2 goals and would have had 6 if he could kick straight. Big Tyler McPherson rucked well in support of Willets.

Slattery, Klemke and Josh Ryan would seem to be competing for a backline spot and while none shone out they were useful with, perhaps Slattery having the edge at this time. Tuck has played forward in the last 2 trials but we are a better team with him in the midfield.

Brett Turner did some useful things on the last line and young Kenny Karpany looks to have pace and promise.

Brad Helbig limped off late in the game after a heavy knock. Taite Silverlock ran himself into trouble far too many times due to his lack of a right foot. Errin Wasley-Black seems to have recovered well from his finger injury and did OK.

Good to see Aaron Anderson out at the huddle.

The ressies went down 13.13 to 11.11.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 254

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:33 am

Are we just being cautious with guys like Webb, Hartlett, Green or can we put a line through them for round 1?......
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by postie Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:17 pm

We will see who plays next week.which should give us a better indication of who is going to be available for round one.
postie
postie

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:48 pm

A very uninspiring performance by us last night.
North certainly had more of the ball and more inside
50's than we did.

North were nearly at full strength they only had Shannon and Thiele missing.

We certainly lacked a couple of key marking forwards.

I agree with 'BlackandRed' We look better with Tuck playing through the midfield,
he can go forward when he is resting. We definitely need Webb,Middleton and Green.

I thought Hardy was our best player and he will certainly play Full Back in the opening
round. I thought Klemke got better as the game went on and if Harts isn't
Available I would play him ahead of Slattery.
I don't think Slattery is a defender he gives away to many easy free kicks and his disposal
Isn't great. When he last played, Collins played him through the midfield and up forward.
I think we have enough depth in our midfield, however he maybe a good forward option.

I thought young Haysman played very well.

Stubbs was useful with 4 goals,however I would like to see him have a run through the midfield.

Of the young kids I thought Pillion showed something.

McPherson did some good ruck work early,however he tired as the game went on.

Karpany and Hampton both have pace and talent.

Turner if he sets his mind to it will play league footy for many years.

Favretto has talent however he needs to work harder when he doesn't have the ball.

We need our experienced players back next week as we play Adelaide in the 1st round
and they will be at full strength.

Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1023

Back to top Go down

Post by postie Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:51 pm

Hi Lachlan i agree with some of your thoughts but unfortunately i thought i saw Klemke shoulder pop out again after a great tackle. a couple of players you have mentioned in my opinion will not be availiable. Middelton was iced up and he was in the b grade game. no reflection on him . I think our weakness is we need a tall forward as there is going to be occasions you just bomb the ball into the forward line. but i enjoyed last night and the players were intense when i went out to the huddle. and we are the reigning premiers and i do not know how many more e will see .
postie
postie

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:59 pm

Key West Adelaide trio Chris Schmidt, Jason Porplyzia and Adam Hartlett will all miss the club’s final trial match against Sturt at City Mazda Stadium on Friday night.
Captain Schmidt (ankle) and key defender Hartlett (knee) are in doubt for Round 1 while star veteran Porplyzia (strained knee) may not return until Round 2.
Goalsneak Shannon Green will return but his attacking partner Aaron Fielke is unavailable due to a personal commitment.
Bigmen Ben Klemke (shoulder) and Mason Middleton (ankle) will also miss against the Double Blues but should be OK to play in Round 1.
Young recruit Josh Ryan will be given the opportunity to stake his claim for Tom Keough’s vacancy in defence.

League
O’Brien, Hardy, Silverlock, Helbig, Tuck, K. Stevens, Stubbs, Pillion, Caire, Haysman, Hill, Willits, Green, Wasley-Black, Schiller, Vick, Favretto, Johnson, J. Ryan, Turner, Karpany.

Reserves
Slattery, Smithson, Crump, Cua, Munn, Hampton, L. Ryan, Taheny, Schott, Dolling, Langcake, Inglis, Millen, Majok, Scott, J. Evans, Waite, Stidiford, Fitzpatrick, Male, Cameron, Burgess, Noonan, J. Stevens, Noble, L. Evans.

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:05 pm

Once again there is experienced personnel missing from the line up.
I hope a couple of key forwards will be available for the first round.

There have been a number of quality players unavailable for pre season matches which is a major concern going into round 1.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1023

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:18 pm

Not recruiting a defender this year will be a mistake.
Harts and Klemke have injury problems and the season hasn't started.
Young Ryan is not ready and Hardy is all we have....
It's a worry!
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:29 am

Yes we are all a bit nervous. Most of the injuries happened after the Christmas break as the vast majority of the senior group were going gang busters b4 the break. It looks like we could have a slow start this year.
Please don't blame recruiting. You have to have faith that our coach & the recruiting committee have done their very best. It is a tough gig & they tried extremely hard without much success to recruit a key defender.

Our main recruits should be very good considering how we were hammered in both the main & rookie drafts late in the year.

You must also understand our financial constraints & the salary cap. After a premiership it is a juggle to satisfy all the players requests as they were all looking for more money.

I applaud the way we have been able to satisfy all our premiership players as well as pick up a couple of good recruits.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:38 pm

Hardy will take over from Keough.
O'Brien will take over from Snelling.
Stubbs will take over from Beechy.

Both Stubbs and O'Brien are quality players and will prove to be gun recruits. Hardy is fit and set for a great year. Add Slatts and we have done very well. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:45 pm

I like your optimism ST!!
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next