Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trial Teams for tomorrow night

+16
whispy
Mypaspective
firstblood
ccrump
Oldfella
Lee Harradine
Admin
testy
RODH2
blackandred
brodlach
Audamus
Bloodntars
Wolf Pack
aldo russian
Thiele
20 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Trial Teams for tomorrow night - Page 3 Empty Re: Trial Teams for tomorrow night

Post by Oldfella Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:58 pm

Second Team wrote:Hardy will take over from Keough.
O'Brien will take over from Snelling.
Stubbs will take over from Beechy.

Both Stubbs and O'Brien are quality players and will prove to be gun recruits. Hardy is fit and set for a great year. Add Slatts and we have done very well. Shocked Shocked Shocked

To my shame i am actualy forced to agree with you - hope this does not become a habit☺☺☺
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1040
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Trial Teams for tomorrow night - Page 3 Empty Re: Trial Teams for tomorrow night

Post by Lachlan Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:30 pm

I think we have close to the best midfield in the competition with
O'Brien,Stevens,Schiller,Schmidt, Porps, Tuck ( when he plays there) and you can add Stubbs,Fielke,Silverlock and Haysman.
Players such as Hill and Helbig can also be used in the midfield.

I think our recruiting this year has been sound. Very few if any SANFL side failed to secure a key position player unless they were players such as Harvey,Sellar and Kirby who all end back at their original club.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1022

Back to top Go down

Post by JCL Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:06 pm

Have people received their season tickets/membership packs? I'm not sure whether season tickets will be sent out prior to Thursday with the Easter break coming up or whether we'll be able to pick them up from the Club prior to the game on the 26th.
JCL
JCL

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:36 pm

Suggests you ring the club office JCL.

I understood the membership packs were being sent out this week or Mid March. Ask for Bridget or Scott.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 372

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:22 pm

Lachlan wrote:I think we have close to the best midfield in the competition with
O'Brien,Stevens,Schiller,Schmidt, Porps, Tuck ( when he plays there) and you can add Stubbs,Fielke,Silverlock and Haysman.
Players such as Hill and Helbig can also be used in the midfield.

I think our recruiting this year has been sound. Very few if any SANFL side failed to secure a key position player unless they were players such as Harvey,Sellar and Kirby who all end back at their original club.

Johnson, two Forts at Central are a few others

We are the Reigning Premieres, why does everyone need to be so negative
brodlach
brodlach

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:31 pm

Second Team wrote:Hardy will take over from Keough.
O'Brien will take over from Snelling.
Stubbs will take over from Beechy.

Both Stubbs and O'Brien are quality players and will prove to be gun recruits. Hardy is fit and set for a great year. Add Slatts and we have done very well. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Agree with you ST, the recruits we have attained are all quality.

We are the current premiers of the SANFL and are now the hunted, but I have faith in the off season recruits we have attained and I congratulate the coaches and admin staff responsible for that.
No negatives from me, last years premiership was one of the best feelings I have had since I have been involved with the club.
testy
testy

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:47 pm

Tonight's trial game performance was well below the required standard.

We'll get several players back for Round 1, but might lose 1 or 2 from tonight.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2174

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:06 pm

We looked horrible tonight. Skills were shocking. Couldn't find a target by hand or foot.
But trial games count for ZERO!!
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:10 pm

Brodlach

Johnston I agree with however I don't rate the two brothers from Centrals
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:20 pm

Random thoughts from tonight.

BLOODY HELL. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:43 pm

We haven't had any tall marking forwards in any of the 3 trial matches.
Key personnel unavailable meant we needed our second tier players to stand up and so far in the trials they haven't.

How are both Tuck and Silverlock?

Last edited by Lachlan on Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:25 am

You are right Lachlan. I haven't seen anything from our second tier players to suggest they are capable at league level apart from McPherson.
Tuck, Silverlock and Haysman all injured last night.
What will our league side look like for round 1.

Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:16 pm

We were thrashed by Sturt last night in the fourth and last trial match of the 2016 season. The Blues kicked 12.15 to West 4.4 but, once again, believe it or not, the scoreline flattered the Bloods. They had 27 shots to our 8.

So after these 4 games we have seen plenty of Schott, Karpany, Turner, Josh Ryan, Favretto, the 200cm McPherson, Vick, Jamie Hampton, Pillion and Choi Majok.

We havn’t seen Middleton, Webb, Brind, Agostino and Homburg. We’ve only seen Schmidt and Porps in the first trial in early Feb.

Josh Ryan is a big kid and has shown promise playing on the last line. McPherson has looked good in ruck and regularly gets first hand to the ball. But none of these hopefuls have staked a strong claim to play senior footy next week. Having said this some of them might have to do just that.

Last night Tuck limped off early , Silverlock and Ryan suffered hand injuries and Hugh Haysman was carried off on a stretcher at the final siren. Hopefully, the neck brace he was wearing was simply a precaution.

Again we played a lot of kids but going into the last Q we still had Stevens, Helbig, Haysman, Willets, Stubbs, Schiller, Hill and Wasley-Black on the ground and were outscored 6.7 to zero!

Our attacking, play-on style looks good when it works but it is high risk and creates a lot of turnovers. We seem obsessed with centering the ball in the backline which gifted Sturt so many scoring chances last night.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 253

Back to top Go down

Post by beaglex Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:24 pm

Mypaspective wrote:Thanks for the update. How many regular league players did North have out of this trial compared to us.

Don't worry Whispy the coaches, CEO's & League Directors of all 8 foundation clubs have opposed this ridiculous rule change & have been promised the league will re-assess at the end of the trials. The umpires are confused as well as the players.

The SANFL will be editing each decision from all trial game footage to make a final decision on keeping the rule or scrapping it. At the moment it is regrettably in until enough evidence is provided to remove it.

I see that this rule will be included this season with a story from the Advertiser saying the AFL will be monitoring it. So the AFL are now telling the SANFL what rules to change and use, what crap!
beaglex
beaglex

Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:12 pm

I don't think that's the case at all.

I'm sure it was an SANFL initiative and after it was put in, the AFL said they'd be interested to see how it goes.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:03 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:I don't think that's the case at all.

I'm sure it was an SANFL initiative and after it was put in, the AFL said they'd be interested to see how it goes.

Well that's good to hear Lee, but will the SAN AWFUL take heed and abolish this silly rule.
From my perspective and from what I have heard no local league coach likes this rule. A silly initiative from all the fans I have spoken to, BUT WHAT DOES THERE OPINION MATTER.  

So, the AWFUL will monitor how it will go at our level, I take that quote with a grain of salt and with all the distain that it deserves.

The SAN AWFUL should stand on there own feet for once and stop making useless changes to this once great game without making rule changes from season to season.

There isn't a sport on this planet that changes the rules from season to season like this once loved game called Aussie Rules.
testy
testy

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:43 pm

Well, I suppose this is one time they've acted and stood on their own feet for once.

Whether it's a good rule, only time will tell.

I think other sports change their rules regularly also, but ours is subject to too much interpretation, I agree.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by beaglex Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:09 am

A SANFL initiative! You are kidding!

So what you're saying Lee is that the SANFL is ignoring that the coaches, CEO's & League Directors of all 8 foundation clubs have opposed this ridiculous rule change.

Good to see you standing by the SANFL after your award Lee!

beaglex
beaglex

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:46 am

Telling the truth is hardly 'standing by the SANFL' after my award.

I regard my award, also previously awarded to another poster here, as being for 27 years of hard work for the West Adelaide Football Club, not the SANFL, so I think you're a little unkind.

Separately, I am currently strongly standing against the SANFL on another matter directly with them.

And yes, the SANFL are ignoring many people on the rule changes.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:55 am

beaglex wrote:

A SANFL initiative! You are kidding!

So what you're saying Lee is that the SANFL is ignoring that the coaches, CEO's & League Directors of all 8 foundation clubs have opposed this ridiculous rule change.

Good to see you standing by the SANFL after your award Lee!

I presume you do not know lee personally because if you did then you would know he is an honest man and as such i feel your suggestion in the last sentence is incorrect and totaly inappropriate - just saying perhaps you should have used smilies ☺

The sanfl commision is independant of the sanfl clubs who while they can advise/discuss or offer advice on issues with the commision they cannot direct this independant board on a day to day basis.

While it is entirely possible/probable that the awfull did discuss the new rule with the commision and may vey well have requested that the sanfl undertake a trail off the rule in preseason games this was a decision that the commision took.

The rules of the game as amended for sanfl is directly the responsibility of the sanfl commision and as such the decision to extend into the season over advice from the clubs is the commisions decision. Whether there was also  differing advice/request from the awfull is openly debatable however the final decision is one made by the sanfl commision

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:58 am

For the record i was a 30 year football staff member, a life member and have been previously awarded the same acknowledgement as lee recieved and i do know lee and his honesty very well.

I like lee see this award as being a recognition of service to west adelade by the football community not to the sanfl
Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by beaglex Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:15 pm

I may not have 27 or 30 years working with West Adelaide Football Club but I have been a passionate Blood n Tars supporter for over 60 years.

I acknowledge and respect any person who helps out at my football club and if they receive an award from West Adelaide I know it would be well deserved. So if you thought I was being unkind Lee then so be it!

I have been involved with organisations that not only rely on team work to succeed but also to survive, so I do know what and why people are nominated and given awards.

To me though seniority in years of working in organisations although commendable you still need to be competent in your position.

I believe that over the last few years the SANFL has been influenced and sometimes controlled by the AFL and it appears to me the SANFL is not standing up to the AFL. Now if I am wrong and they are, then I would be first to apologise but until I see or hear of any evidence of this then my opinion won't change.
beaglex
beaglex

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3