Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would you do.

+14
Mark Beswick
testy
scorpion
aldo russian
Oldfella
JCL
loppy19
blackandred
firstblood
Thiele
Lachlan
bundy
Richmond Rocker
Lee Harradine
18 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What would you do. - Page 2 Empty Re: What would you do.

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:56 pm

Second Team wrote:When STILL is out injured then don't name him in the team. I know it seems to amuse some at West but is stupid and unprofessional. Amateur hour at its best.

Whoever comes out to preseason they have to run a 2 km time trial and then kick a football straight. Shocked Shocked Shocked

I'll try to answer each suggestion to the best of my ability. Please understand that the answers are mine only and not that of the Board.

ST, I'll start on a disappointing note, but I hope the answers will get better.

As a Board member asking for suggestions, team selection isn't an area I have any control over, although I am on the Match Committee as League Team Manager. I will say, though, that initial selections have to be made early in the week on Tursday nights, due to media timelines and at that stage some players are to be tested on Thursday night training.

Michael Still was clise to playing last week.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2180

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:05 pm

Richmond Rocker wrote:1. Negotiate with appropriate State Transport Authorities to arrange a Bus to travel down Milner road on normal route for transport of patrons and game day travellers.
2. Photographs of all players that have been drafted by AFL clubs to be hung in the members lounge.
3. Happy Hour at Presentations
4. Negotiate with WT Councli to open up access to the club from South Road entrance with signage on main road.
5. No offence to current coach but talk to Micky Godden a.s.a.p.
6. Club Transport to away games (even though we don't win) with return to the club after game.
7. Recruit form current SANFL teams for players negaotiate to play or disrupt other teams Salary caps.
8. Summer Membership to all homes within 3km's of the club free of charge to open the club to locals (most of whom do not know we exist) - No voting rights.
9. Membership prices, saving etc to be advertised at main bar and restaurant. Staff trained to discuss with non-memebrs the advantages of joining.
10. Ability to put money onto the Membership card as well as gaining points.
11. AGM to be held at the end of the football season, so the new committee can start the year not the old one.
12. If the board appoints a new committee member during the year without membership voting they should be up for election at the next AGM.
13. I could go on forever

RR, photos of drafted players are currently in the players' area under the grandstand.

I will refer your other points to the appropriate club people. We do talk to other SAnFL players when the rules allow us to, hence the recruitment of Andrew Hayes, Justin Hardy and Riley Milne this year. We wouldn't be allowing any thiught of disrupting other clubs' salary caps to sidetrack us. In any event, it doesn't work like that.

The AGM used to be held readonably soon after the football season, but was moved to February recently to allow tome tor the preoaration and audit of the financial statements, among other things.

The Constitution requires appointed Board members to stand for election at a subsequent AGM.

Several of your other suggestions are well worth considering and I thank you for all your suggestions and will follow them up.

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:09 pm

bundy wrote:Don't recruit players that have had a lot of issues with long term or persistent injuries.
Do we have people that go to amateur league games for hidden talent.
Get southern home improvements ? to Put a shelter up eg verandah between BBQ and grandstand for shelter put there name on it as a sponsor.
Put a sign in Airport telling all arrivals we are closest football come social club to the C.B.D. and  ADELAIDE OVAL,have a menu on it and location and what we can offer them.
Does the club have a suggestion box at club? i know you will get crap but pickout the good ideas.

Thanks, Bundy. It's not appropriate for me to comment on recruiting, as a Board member, but your other suggestions are reasonable.

Cost of advertising at the Airport is a factor, but if members and the Board work together, it's also worth considering.

As for a Suggestion Box, I'm hoping we may be able to have a question and answer spot on our website before long.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:11 pm

Richmond Rocker wrote:Packages for visiting AFL teams supporters to attend games, functions etc and arrange travel to Adelaide Oval and then back to club then airport.

Interesting idea and, subject to having the resources, well worth a discussion.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:15 pm

Second Team wrote:Get someone with half an idea how to serve a pie or pastie that is edible. Had the best pastie at the eagles ground yesterday. It can't be that hard. We now have good coffee so lets learn how to heat up a pie.  Shocked Shocked Shocked

I've been eating pies and pasties at City Mazda for about 56 years (which explains a lot). Almost all the time they're hot, occassionally they're not so hot. I just thank the people running the kiosk for the club for their time and effort and have a bit of a chat with them if there's time.

Of course we should strive to have the best kiosk in the League, but I think ours dors a great job. Always room for improvement, though.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:17 pm

Second Team wrote:Fix the lights. Spend the money or just play in the daylight. Shocked Shocked Shocked 

Are you offering a large donation to fix the lights, ST?

Hope so, but if not, I think the Board will be requesting fewer might games, especially in the middle of the season.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:18 pm

Richmond Rocker wrote:Good points ST.

What about banning the use of emoticons unless they are for a reason.  lol! 

No comment Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:21 pm

Lachlan wrote:Some great points by everyone
1. Only play  3 or 4 night games and all of them very early on in the season
2. Play more Saturday afternoon footy
3. Fix the lights
4. RECRUIT A KEY FORWARD WE HAVENT HAD ONE SINCE DARREN BRADSHAW
6.A player such as Shane Birss to be an assistant coach. He knows all the players and cannot be lost to our footy club

As i said, I can't comment on recruiting.

I also can't comment on coaching appointments, but I believe Shane is not available to assist Mark. I agree with you about his quality and character, though.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:22 pm

Thiele wrote:I would like something back at the club after the Presentations had finished. Like they had a band after pressos last night.  

I believe that went well, Thiele and worth doing more often.

'The Beech Boys' ?
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:23 pm

firstblood wrote:Don't put the price of a coke up to $5 in the canteen for the last home match. It costs families enough to go to the football without paying ridiculous prices for soft drinks.  

Noted, FB.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:26 pm

blackandred wrote:'Coaches Report Still to come.'

Waiting, waiting, waiting........................

Fair point, b&r.

The only thing I would say generally is that Mark is a part-time coach, whereas Andrew Collins was full-time.

The demands on a coach are huge.

I would say an SANFL coach has to deal with at least 50 phone calls a day.  Yes, seriously.

The demands are enormous.

Last edited by Lee Harradine on Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:27 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:
Thiele wrote:I would like something back at the club after the Presentations had finished. Like they had a band after pressos last night.  

I believe that went well, Thiele and worth doing more often.

'The Beech Boys' ?
It was a great night.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 668

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:29 pm

Thanks, Thiele.

I hope I have answered all the posts.

If not, let me know.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:48 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:
Second Team wrote:Fix the lights. Spend the money or just play in the daylight. Shocked Shocked Shocked 

Are you offering a large donation to fix the lights, ST?

Hope so, but if not, I think the Board will be requesting fewer might games, especially in the middle of the season.

What so the boards plan is to not fix the lights because they are to expensive to fix. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:49 pm

Second Team wrote:What happened with Baulderstone and Davis from Norwood and Shultz and Shillabeer from North. Did the club even know these players existed? If not why not. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Answer this one. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:53 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:
Second Team wrote:Get someone with half an idea how to serve a pie or pastie that is edible. Had the best pastie at the eagles ground yesterday. It can't be that hard. We now have good coffee so lets learn how to heat up a pie.  Shocked Shocked Shocked

I've been eating pies and pasties at City Mazda for about 56 years (which explains a lot).  Almost all the time they're hot, occassionally they're not so hot.  I just thank the people running the kiosk for the club for their time and effort and have a bit of a chat with them if there's time.

Of course we should strive to have the best kiosk in the League, but I think ours dors a great job.  Always room for improvement, though.

I don't think that we can have the best BBQ and the worst canteen in the league. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:02 am

ST, I won't comment on recruiting, as I said that's not a Board responsibility.

As for the lights, they are very expensive to fix, they will be fixed, but they need to be fixed after the end of the season when sufficient lights need to be replaced, otherwise the cost of replacement and crane hire each time one or two lights burn out would be prohibitive.

Could I politely suggest that it's not necessary to be so aggressive. I'm doing my best to answer questions as they arise.

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:11 am

Lee Harradine wrote:ST, I won't comment on recruiting, as I said that's not a Board responsibility.

As for the lights, they are very expensive to fix, they will be fixed, but they need to be fixed after the end of the season when sufficient lights need to be replaced, otherwise the cost of replacement and crane hire each time one or two lights burn out would be prohibitive.

Could I politely suggest that it's not necessary to be so aggressive.  I'm doing my best to answer questions as they arise.

Don't really know if asking a question is being aggressive and as far as recruiting I thought you were on the recruiting committee. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:57 am

Lee Harradine wrote:I'm interested in listening to posters' ideas as to what they would do if they could make the decisions about the Club.

Hopefully there may be plenty of ideas which can be adopted?

I'll respond to any ideas given and thank posters who have taken the time to give positive ideas.

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:26 am

Lee Harradine wrote:
Lee Harradine wrote:I'm interested in listening to posters' ideas as to what they would do if they could make the decisions about the Club.

I'll respond to any ideas given and thank posters who have taken the time to give positive ideas.  

And on the seventh day he rested. Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JCL Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:16 am

Thanks for the responses Lee.

I can appreciate that Mickan is part-time, however, if he is unable to provide a report after each game, it would be better if emails weren't sent out with 'Coach's report to come' - it just looks unprofessional and it never does arrive.

I've thought that communication with members has been impressive in recent years, but it seems to have taken a slide (like everything else) this year.
JCL
JCL

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:56 am

Here's a thought for cheap recruiting... place an ad in the paper or email clubs in our area inviting any amateur or country footballers who think they are capable of playing league footy for West Adelaide...open the gates to a 2 week trial training session, I believe Norwood did this a few years ago and it worked well. You never know, might pick up one or 2 good players.
Just a thought.
firstblood
firstblood

Number of posts : 414
Job/hobbies : The light keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:41 am

JCL wrote:Thanks for the responses Lee.

I can appreciate that Mickan is part-time, however, if he is unable to provide a report after each game, it would be better if emails weren't sent out with 'Coach's report to come' - it just looks unprofessional and it never does arrive.

I've thought that communication with members has been impressive in recent years, but it seems to have taken a slide (like everything else) this year.  

Your first sentence is right, JCL. I will ensure that's fixed next year.

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:50 pm

Second Team wrote:
Lee Harradine wrote:

And on the seventh day he rested. Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Jeez, he can't win can he. This is more communication from our Board/Committee than I can ever remember in my time following the club.

aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1356

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpion Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:20 pm

Lee Harradine said (Quote)
I also can't comment on coaching appointments, but I believe Shane is not available to assist Mark. I agree with you about his quality and character, though.

What about Dom Cassisi would have handy input ???
scorpion
scorpion

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum