Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training 2014.

+2
Coorong
brodlach
6 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Training 2014. Empty Training 2014.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:46 am

Went to training last night and what a difference.
It is great to watch the players doing drills that involves skills, quick ball movement and some level of competition. Have not seen that for many years at training.
There is also a higher level of intensity and professionalism that seems to be with the players this year, even at this early stage. Some of the new coaches are also taking training which seems to be adding some new excitement.
We are even doing drills that involve bringing the ball into the forward line which is also different.
Some of our new recruits look very good as well. Newell and Stevens are hard trainers and are good kicks of the ball. Both will be very good footballers. Our two young backs are working well  and should give us good service. Hardy is on track to return soon and Hayes looks to be one of the best we have recruited for a long time. He is fit, has very good skills and is a natural leader and will be a key player for us this year.
We also have new goalpost that are huge, new shelter for the players on the benches and the oval looks like footy park. Its going to be a new and improved Westies this year. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Training 2014. Empty Re: Training 2014.

Post by brodlach Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:11 pm

Thats a really positive report ST, someone hacked your account  lol! 

Thanks for the report, I have been down a couple of times and things are certainly different to previous years. All looking good for the upcoming season.
brodlach
brodlach

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

Post by Coorong Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:32 pm

brodlach wrote:Thats a really positive report ST, someone hacked your account  lol! 

Thanks for the report, I have been down a couple of times and things are certainly different to previous years. All looking good for the upcoming season.

Love the sound of all this.

Coorong
Coorong

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:03 pm

ST
Thanks for the update. Things seem very upbeat which is great.
Fingers crossed for a successful yr
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1062

Back to top Go down

Post by redandblack Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:20 pm

Things are good, but I wonder how we made a GF, a Prelim & won the Foxtel Cup, with no money, coming from 4 years at the bottom under Collo.

He did a great job & left a solid foundation.

Having said that, I agree with ST that the changes at the club have resulted in a lot of enthusiasm for the year ahead and Mark Mickan is doing a wonderful job

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kick the thing backwards.
redandblack
redandblack

Number of posts : 210

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:34 pm

Don't think any of us were having a crack at Collins. He did a great job and took the squad and club along way
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by redandblack Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:28 pm

Looking forward to seeing us play soon. With the last 2 or 3 recruits, I think we've finished up pretty well and exciting times ahead. I'm also imoressed with the way Mark and the assistant coaches and players are doing things.
redandblack
redandblack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:42 am

Few player observations from last nights 20 min scratch match.

1. Taite Silverlock. Fit, hard running and has one of the best kicks in the team.
2. Peter Nelson. Ran hard and took some great marks around the ground.
3. Rory Milne. Looks to be a very good backman will be one of our defenders this season. Has good judgement and is a good mark and kick.
4. Others doing well. Ezard, Fischer and Black.  Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:49 am

Thanks ST sounds good
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:48 am

Update... 7/02/2014

Players had a internal trial last night, 4 x 15 min qrts with 3 SANFL umpires, all went well with fast movement of the football and no injuries.
Still looked very good at full forward with his leading and strong marking, Newell and Hayes continue to impress, Ezard is fighting fit and Riley Milne looks he like he will slot in nicely at either end of the ground.
Others that get a mention....Chris Black, Fisher, Nelson, Hill and Ryan Anderson is looking very fit as well. Silverlock is something special IMO and definitely one to watch with excitement this season.
Overall, a good hit out by the boys...

Next Saturday, 15th March at 10 am we have a trial v the Eagles @ City Mazda, only the one game though.
firstblood
firstblood

Number of posts : 414
Job/hobbies : The light keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by redandblack Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:46 pm

Good report, FB, but I thought one new player you haven't mentioned was an absolute standout.

About 25 possessions and 4, possibly 5 goals.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
redandblack
redandblack

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:08 pm

redandblack wrote:Good report, FB, but I thought one new player you haven't mentioned was an absolute standout.

I'm trying not to give too much info out R&B, there might be spies amongst us. Smile

Do any good footballers come out of Canberra?
firstblood
firstblood

Number of posts : 414
Job/hobbies : The light keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by redandblack Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:33 pm

You're a smart man, FB.

redandblack
redandblack

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:12 pm

firstblood wrote:
redandblack wrote:Good report, FB, but I thought one new player you haven't mentioned was an absolute standout.

I'm trying not to give too much info out R&B, there might be spies amongst us. Smile

Do any good footballers come out of Canberra?

Alex Jesalenko did. Very Happy 
testy
testy

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down